Issue with guild recruitment

Issue with guild recruitment

Postby Hypernova » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:30 am

Now, I would like to bring forward an issue that I just experienced. Somebody from one of the top 3 guilds joined the guild I'm in, posted a message on the message board and trying to poach the top players. After which the person just left.

I don't mind recruiting players for your guild, but doing it the way as mentioned above is just pure rude. Imagine a headhunter waltzes into your company and announces to everybody that there is a vacancy over at the company next door and everybody is free to apply, how would your company management feel?

Hence, I would like to suggest to playmage to put some restrictions in game. Apparently the loss of guild points doesn't bother these recruiters, probably since they have lots of gold to top up again once they reenter their own guild. I suggest that anybody who quits or is removed from a guild is unable to rejoin the same guild for 30 days. Firstly, this would be a deterrent for people to guild-hop around to look for better guilds, and of course stop people from poaching players the way I mentioned above. Secondly, It also cuts down the time wasted on removing players who constantly rejoins a guild just to leech.
Hypernova

Re: Issue with guild recruitment

Postby pmsupport » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:22 am

Hi Hypernova, thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I have forwarded your suggestion to the Design Team for possible consideration as future improvement.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby Boop » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:29 am

I have a mixture of agreeing and disagreeing with your suggestions. It just needs some fine tuning I think to really drive this in a good direction.

Hypernova wrote:I suggest that anybody who quits or is removed from a guild is unable to rejoin the same guild for 30 days.

30 days is too long, genuine mistakes do happen keep this in mind. Whether you like it or not, people who are not particularly tech savvy play this game, and fumble around doing dumb things. 30 days is far too long in the context of mobile player bases.

Hypernova wrote:Firstly, this would be a deterrent for people to guild-hop around to look for better guilds

People are allowed to look for better guilds, how else will they accomplish their goals? Can it be annoying, yeah maybe, but you shouldn't stop a person from shopping around. Everyone needs the best deal for themselves, that's just how life is.

Hypernova wrote:and of course stop people from poaching players the way I mentioned above

It would certainly solve this, I will not question this at all. (Assuming recruiting is actually an issue, because guess what happens in the real world?)

Hypernova wrote:It also cuts down the time wasted on removing players who constantly rejoins a guild

Now, this is the one I wanted to highlight the most. I've had this in the past, and it was particularly annoying. There needs to be 'some mechanism' to stop this. A 30 day lock out is really too long, but consider a 24 hour lock. They can't join again soon enough to 'be annoying', and they'll have to 'settle somewhere else for now' to be able to check any form of Guild Shop (and if they're shopping around in guilds etc, they obviously want to check their shop, or they wouldn't bother with this game at all).

24h is more than enough to solve most of the above, 30 days is just ridiculous. And/or implementing a ban list for Guild Leaders / Vice to use. It has more control, and doesn't suffer from accidents that can't be undone.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby Hypernova » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:04 am

Originally I suggested 30 days because that would definitely affect guild war participation. :twisted:

Of course, the time span for the ban could be a point of discussion. As for the ban list, I see many players going by the same name so their unique ID is definitely needed, but I'm not sure if it's okay to always show the unique ID of everyone who comes in and out. I'm all for a ban list if it's implemented.
Hypernova

Postby slacks » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:40 pm

The underlying issues here are that since there’s no clear way to recruit people and guilds that lose people have less of a chance to do well in the Guild Wars. Because of this, the game has resorted to recruiting by:

- Guild jumping
- Recruiting through friends list
- Players leaving guilds on their own accord

Right now the current recruiting space only shows players who recently got 6* cards, and isn't useful for much else. The only true fix to this is to fill the gap by creating a simple space in the game solely for recruiting players. What I mean is a player could put themselves out there by listing themselves on this recruiting space. Guilds can then evaluate the players and invite them to the guild, at which point the player, depending on how many contacted them, can then choose which one they would like to join. An added element could be a recruiting cost (gold) to the guild for accessing the space based on guild war rank (lowest ranking have lowest fees) or a fee for recruiting a player which would be based on the player’s level.
Dragon Era | slacks - a6355d | Guild - Elite
slacks

Postby Boop » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:23 pm

Hypernova wrote:Originally I suggested 30 days because that would definitely affect guild war participation. :twisted:

Then you don't have an issue with recruitment, you have an issue with losing. Your solution needs to be adjusted accordingly.

"If anyone leaves a guild, they can not use gems for 6 years (or until servers shut down), that way they can't get any Guild Points and I get to laugh at them."
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby yutyu » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:24 pm

I like your idea slacks, a working guild recruitment mechanism like this would put the choice in player's hands but there is a downside to this, people can make a "high level only" guild easier that way, neglecting lower level players :( .
DRAGON ERA
Retired from the forum
yutyu

Postby slacks » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:54 am

yutyu wrote:I like your idea slacks, a working guild recruitment mechanism like this would put the choice in player's hands but there is a downside to this, people can make a "high level only" guild easier that way, neglecting lower level players :( .

Thanks yutyu - I agree that this would gear certain guilds towards high level only players. I'm not sure I have any concerns about that, however, since it would be up to that player to join and up to that guild to reach that level of prestige in order to recruit that type of player.

The positive side to this is it encourages lower level players to level up in order to join those guilds. It would also help join those with lower levels together rather than be dispersed amidst the various guilds out there and grow as a group. The current system does not provide a good place to communicate, therefore there are many small guilds out there that don’t stand a chance at surviving (or recruiting new low-level players).

In a sense, better recruiting would stabilize guild membership. While that's truly impossible to control on the grand scale since players will eventually look to try to place high in a war and move on from their current guild; those guilds at the top will have their minimum level requirements, just as low and mid-tier guilds will have their requirements. As a guild grows stronger, surely they can up their requirements as well.

The main point of all of this would be to allow players to make themselves available to a certain tier of guild. Right now, its’ a discouraging, blind path for most. The more openly this can happen, the more filled guilds and competition between similar ranks there will be.

*With better competition, this would also provide more benefit to the two-tier GW system suggested several times before.
Dragon Era | slacks - a6355d | Guild - Elite
slacks

Postby Niobiumstar » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:52 pm

+1
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
Niobiumstar

Postby Ragnarok72 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:27 pm

'Global chat', 'Allow searching by name'... In my opinion these two features would benefit the game as a whole, but it would surely help in recruiting players as well.

At the moment there are probably hundreds of 'non-players', guys u can't find in the arena ranking and thereby not contactable unless u start hopping through all the current guilds. (Which leads to some of the issues adressed by Hypernova)
Ragnarok72

Return to Dragon Era Discussion