New guildwar Rewards

Re: New guildwar Rewards

Postby Crtmn » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:35 pm

admin wrote:The real good news was that we decided to keep personal reward table instead of reverting to more limited reward table of the initial cycle (we do want to keep number of the boss cards issued out down, but don't want to force breakup of too many top guilds). I will post again once I heard back from the design team next week about changing the lesser reward cards.

yutyu wrote:Just a quick suggestion regarding the rewards of the war so that it can be looked into for future wars.
When a guild has over 10 people scoring >=50k points in war, the #10 ranker gets a 7* card while the #11 ranker only get a 5*
There is extreme contrast between #10 and #11 prizes and this might cause conflict in a guild when people are fighting over the top 10 spots and might cause a guild to break apart.

Would it be possible to add another reward tier for those ranked >=11 so those who scored >=50k get at least a 6* card?
The current reward setup only encourages 10 people in a guild to spend, while the proposed setup would encourage more spenders, which means more profit for Playmage.

The quick way to fix the problem yutyu stated is really to give out the boss card to everyone scoring at least 50k GP. Forgive me if i am missing something, but i can't see where this would cut into profits, even indirectly. The dragon race boosts are useful, but unless they are useful to the point that they can be effectively used in GW (which, considering CD on non-panzer dragons and Anauel, is pretty unlikely), not much is going to change - the main sales for this game are and will continue to be gems, for recruits and for refreshes. I'm not sure if offering a 6* Alice is going to encourage more spending (it probably would have for the last war, but Flesh Lotus Queen is still somewhat of a situational card as opposed to a mainstay in teams IMO), but offering the boss card for all 50k+ scorers certainly would boost spending. Not to mention the fact that you are not forcing the breakup of any guilds which would generate more competition.

Another thought i had was to introduce same-color Panzers as a super prize in GW, for 200k scorers or something. I'm sure there's a way to set the required score for it to be equivalent to the value of the spending for 7500 sailor miles while also taking into account the usefulness of gem recruits vs. the usefulness of GP. 350 refreshes (3500 gems, which would give 7700 miles if used all for recruits) at roughly-estimated median score of ~650 points per refresh would be 227500 GP. that, at 15-20k a pop for useful 6* cards, would give 11-15 cards cards. 77 gem recruits at one 6* guaranteed per 9 recruits is 8.55 avg 6* recruits (which i'll round to 9 for the sake of argument), and 68 4 or 5* cards that could be evolved to useful 6* cards as well. So i think 200k seems reasonable for a request of this nature, plus it would give newer players another way to obtain the panzers.
Crtmn

Postby slacks » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:23 am

PM - Can you give an update on rewards for players who score over 50K but are ranked in the 11~ bracket? I personally wouldn't expect a GW card for those beyond 10, but I would expect at least a 6* or at least some additional gems, pots or something. Cheers.
Dragon Era | slacks - a6355d | Guild - Elite
slacks

Postby HernHunter » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:02 pm

Another question about new GW boss cards reward. Anyone know why 8* card is limited only to lvl 30 (not lvl 60) & 7* to lvl 25 (not lvl 45)? I was little out from forum last few weeks so i might miss this contetnt. If anyone know please lighten me.
Damn Guild Name (DGN)
HernHunter

Postby Boop » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:09 pm

I'd say it has to do with their leader abilities giving them both ATK and HP, instead of the old ones giving just one. If they scaled to such a high level, then you put in their leader ability to scale that, they'd just be way too powerful.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby Clos » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:44 am

Boop wrote:I'd say it has to do with their leader abilities giving them both ATK and HP, instead of the old ones giving just one. If they scaled to such a high level, then you put in their leader ability to scale that, they'd just be way too powerful.

Or so we can save our jewel dragons to use them to feed our baby dragons to make them big strong dragons.
Dragon Era: Clos --- Guild: Elite --- Id:a1c697
Clos

Postby admin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:44 am

The feedback from the design team is that giving the guild boss card to 11+ place is completely out of the question:
1. From the text Crtmn quoted above, it means we are not going back to the time where only the TOP ONE player (then later 2) in each guild gets the boss card as personal rewards, as that is how we did it in the first cycle of the last boss set to limit number of cards given out the first cycle.
2. If you are in a guild where the 11th+ player are also contributing 50K+ points, you are most likely going to be receiving a guild boss card from being in the top 3 guild, thus the everyone's contribution has paid off. Based on past war results, the players in the top 3 guilds knows this quite well and contributed to overall score regardless. (basically, what was said about the game only encouraging the top 10 of each guild to spend is incorrect in most situations). This is after all guild war, not personal achievement war.
3. This set of guild boss was planned to to go through two cycle same as the last set. If everyone over 50K points gets boss card as personal reward, then too many players in the top 3 guild will already have two boss cards after the first pass, and there would be less incentive (eg. evolving 8-star wise and collection wise) for them to earn second boss card on the second cycle, and thus hurting the game significantly in the long-run. From this perspective, giving out 10 boss cards as personal reward per guild is already way too much and we may even need to cut the second cycle short if the first repeat boss has bad results.

However, since we have a growing number of high level players, we did add a 40K reward bracket with the 6-star card for the 11th+ place tier for the upcoming war, to see if it makes any difference. Please keep in mind that the personal reward tier isn't the only personal reward, as you also get more guild points to spend as well. So even if you aren't fully incentivized to contribute as much as possible to get your guild to a higher ranking as a whole, there is always personal benefit to scoring as high as possible as well.
admin
Site Admin

Postby slacks » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:19 am

admin wrote:However, since we have a growing number of high level players, we did add a 40K reward bracket with the 6-star card for the 11th+ place tier for the upcoming war, to see if it makes any difference. Please keep in mind that the personal reward tier isn't the only personal reward, as you also get more guild points to spend as well. So even if you aren't fully incentivized to contribute as much as possible to get your guild to a higher ranking as a whole, there is always personal benefit to scoring as high as possible as well.

Thanks PM for your thoughtful reply - and the added benefit of a new tier for those beyond 10th! :D
Dragon Era | slacks - a6355d | Guild - Elite
slacks

Postby Crtmn » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:22 pm

Thanks for the reply Admin. Any word on my other suggestion from the design team?
Crtmn

Previous

Return to Dragon Era Discussion