The true era of the Dragons arrived

The true era of the Dragons arrived

Postby yutyu » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:49 pm

These are my brief observations of the impact from the new GW Boss cards:
1. Use of Ceto/Charybdis in Solomon is now obsolete.
2. Solomon difficult now requires ~3 mins to complete using dual Anauel compared to the 5-6 mins previously needed with an attack team. Solomon Insane also just got a lot more feasible and quicker at ~6 mins. Guild Lv40 will be much more achievable. A lot of people will have an easier time leveling to LV170+. Energy potions now burn a lot faster during weekends.
3. 8* Dragons are now everyone's dream cards. Skilled 8* Dragons are now king of cards. You can also slot in panzers for more HP if you have the CP like this.
4. Previous stages that used to require revives now require none or less revives.
5. Everyone will again have interest in dragons and level/skill them now. Dragons have regained their value.
6. Panzers just became a hindrance in such team due to it's highly inefficient use of CP costs.
7. Lower level players don't need HP cards to do Solomon difficult anymore, now they need friends with Dragon Queens. Requirements to do Solomon Difficult just got a lot lower.

EDIT:
Thank you Playmage for this awesome addition to the game.

EDIT 2:
To anyone who missed this chance for Anauel, do take note if the next GW Boss is another Dragon Queen then it is extremely likely for that card to have the same awesome leader skill Anauel has. So get prepared to do 50K next war. This is purely hypothetical, I do not guarantee it will have the same effect but it is worth a try.

EDIT 3:
Just found out that it is possible to die using dual Anauel setup. If you cannot afford to lose, please consider a Holy Priestess+Anauel setup instead.
Last edited by yutyu on Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
DRAGON ERA
Retired from the forum
yutyu

Re: The true era of the Dragons has arrived.

Postby Ragnarok72 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:28 pm

Spin the reels, skill those dragons!!!
Ragnarok72

Postby ferg » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:59 pm

It is a nice card, got a friend with it and tried it out with my 6 star dragons. I want one.
ferg

Postby Bigbadjohn » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:51 pm

Sadly I have one and feel sorry for those without - it has made panzer dragons so much more powerful - new players despair :(

On a serious note - how many people are going to skill up their 6*+ Dragons? Max skill - don't make me laugh as an aspiration for 99% of the player base it is not going to happen.
Bigbadjohn

Postby LIQUID » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:48 pm

The New guild war card stacked with 8* dragons make an awesome team. There also lies the problem. How many players have 8* dragons? Or a 8* dragon.
A decent percentage of the Dragon era players only have 6* or lower star dragons. Not to mention that only one baby dragon in the guild shop at a time. Which makes it a very time consuming to attempt to make an 8* dragon.
This it a great guild war card as long as you have dragons to Go with it. I myself do have three 8* dragons & should have a fourth hopefully soon.
LIQUID

Postby _0nyx_ » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:25 pm

Let me just say damn!!! That's a sexy card stats, abilities, leadership, and even looks wise( Got it all going On). I'm gonna be picking up any Valkyries that show up for the next war with this chick. However I really need to grab Zeus aswell to speed things up. Well it's time to finally go about evolving my baby drags and get the clear bonuses and I'll have 6star and a couple 7star in every color.
_0nyx_

Postby Wendigo » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:16 am

Using double Dragon Queen with two 6* and two 7* normal dragons on solomon's difficult I came in at just under 4 minutes which is quite respectable. No need to wait for 8s.

Tried it with four 6* normal dragons and it ran in 5 minutes which will still be an improvement for most players.
Wendigo

Re: The true era of the Dragons arrived

Postby hellotik » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:43 am

Thanks yutyu!
Now, it is like 1M per hour :D
hellotik

Postby mefa » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:20 am

intersting points Yutyu, also to mention the exciting new era in the game after months of slow improvements. New players should keep in mind that we waited months to be able to do solomon-difficult, but for them things are easy with a friend having this card. Therefore, I will say it is a balanced benefit for all players.

Another point to understand this balanced situation and the benefit for new players: old players spent months and months to get precious 7* cards... with new cards which a 7* is really worth 8* (I have no 8* yet, so I consider this card the most powerful in the presence of many other 7* even panzers) there is the possibility for new players to get ultra-valuable cards quick.

Now, it is essential to have high star dragons due to the awesome command point, so don't forget to evolve yours to 7* and 8* and to skill them up.

Also, a note on my previous calculations: I didn't know that the hell level in the horsemen dungen gives unlimited 4 and even 5* Satyrs. Also, I didn't consider evolving 4* Satyr to 5* to feed dragons. So I apologize about my miscalculations. I wish playamge and some who responded me had reminded these points instead of nasty responses!

Anyways, with this new boss in a medium level team, the hell is possible with some revive potions. Still, it is very costly specially if you don't have many essential cards needed for this level such as Echinda, 8* dragons etc. Message to players: don't give up, it takes a lot of efforts but it will possible in the long run.

Finally, thanks playmage for awesome solution to make the game "DRAGON era" again! and thanks for Lv25 requirement to level up the new boss! Same here: I wish that the admin had told us that they have long term plans to bring back dragons to the game instead of locking my threads!

PS: I consumed some extra cards before noticing it :)
mefa

Postby ferg » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:43 am

I agree with most of this but making it easier for new players is a bold statement, imo. What I'm trying to say is that it would be easier for us to get the card than to get a successful friend request from a person with the card!

I don't see many high level players making friends with many low level players is what I'm saying. I've been rejected by many high level players (you know who you are!) so I'm speaking from experience.
ferg

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion