Star member status restricton

Star member status restricton

Postby mistervista » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:18 pm

@admin, could you please have a word with the devs about removing the 50% limit on star members in guilds.
I have several members who have been with the guild long term, are active and regularly donate, who fully deserve star member status, yet I'm unable to give it to them because of the 50% restriction. It's this sort of limitation that causes players to get disillusioned with the guild they're in and start guild hopping.
I can't relegate a present star member to make room for someone else because they are all valuable members and that would just be unfair. The fairest option would be to allow guild leaders to have as many star members as they wish if they think it's deserved. I don't see any logical reason why we can't have 100% star members if we see fit and would appreciate the opportunity to do so.
I know this has been discussed before, a long time ago, but things have moved on a lot since then and yet the problems within guilds still remains mainly because of this restriction. The cons for this system imo far outweigh the pros so I think it's time to reconsider the position.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
mistervista

Re: Star member status restricton

Postby ferg » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:49 pm

I like it but maybe they can put a minimum before star is available to +50% people. Maybe like they need to donate a certain amount ( ex. 2 million ) before leader can give out more than 50% star.

Just tossin it out there.
ferg

Postby Rhonda » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:53 pm

I fully agree. There are people in my guild who deserve stars. It's not fair to switch stars around to those who have already earned theirs. I hope development team considers making a reasonable change.
Rhonda ~Member of Rockstars~
Rhonda

Postby pmsupport » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:48 pm

Hi all, thanks for your suggestion. I have forwarded it to the Design Team for reconsideration.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby TitusK » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:01 pm

I think stars should be earned, not saying they are undeserving. That's the point of a star, not everyone can be a star. But that's just my opinion.
TitusK

Postby Rudran » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:16 pm

TitusK wrote:I think stars should be earned, not saying they are undeserving. That's the point of a star, not everyone can be a star. But that's just my opinion.

You don't think it should be up to the guild to determine star status? I agree, there should be a minimum to attain star status benefits, but after that is should be up to the guild to reward or punish members based on performance.... That might be a little too complicated though, I don't know.

I do know that the current system is a little unfair. If your whole guild or most of it is doing an awesome job of donating and contributing in guild wars it's very hard to assign star status without causing strife unless you have a very attentive leader and vice that will switch out star status based on need. That puts an unnecessary burden on your leader or vice I think though.
Rudran

Postby Wendigo » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:04 am

While it's a bit of work for the leaders, one system that works well is to award star status at the end of the week to that weeks top donators. By starting over each week it gives new guild members a shot at star status and also encourages inner guild competition to maintain high donations. This makes star status an award in practice as well as intent. Making everyone the same takes away the purpose of having different statuses.
Wendigo

Postby Lee » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:53 pm

I don't like the 50% either, but simply removing it whilst an easy quick fix, will negate the need for guilds to manage their members.
Outside the top few where you have to earn your place let alone status. Leaders would advertise star slots just to gain members.
at GW time everyone would be star to get the optimum lab bonus.
End result everyone would be star.

It should still be about the guild its self and the leader / vice. An alternate option could be to increase the allowed star% in line with guild level.
High level guilds have IMOP have earned the right to better rewards.
i.e. LV 40 can have 100% star members, LV 30 75% etc etc. or some similar pro-rata system.

PS I'm offering these "Free" design specs, saving PM a huge amount on paid developments. Can I also suggest a reward for ideas suggestions that are implemented?
Mine is obviously a fantastic idea and I should be rewarded 50 gems?
I'll check my account in the morning to see if they're there !!
Seriously though, I think the reward system has merit.
Lee

Postby Wendigo » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:19 am

How about a 1 gem per suggestion award. Limited to 1 per person per day so people don't just spam ideas. The more people contribute the better the game will develop and therefor increase the player base and PM's profits.
Wendigo

Return to Dragon Era Discussion