cant play chapter 8

cant play chapter 8

Postby pudgy87 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:34 am

I've made it to chapter 8 but can't play its says I need to update files but only goes back to main screen can someone help? Ice looked in Google play but there's no update.
DE code dmb0xy
pudgy87

Re: cant play chapter 8

Postby mistervista » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:20 pm

I'm in the same situation with chapter 7 files not updating.
mistervista

Postby pmsupport » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:26 pm

Hi pudgy87 and mistervista, it sounds like your app didn't properly receive the latest file patch. You can re-install the app to fix this, but please jot down the following information before re-install, so we can restore your account in case the re-install unlinks your account. In most cases, re-install will not affect your account other than resetting your card protection status, but please jolt down the following just in case.

- Your 6 letter/digit friend code (Menu--Invite Bonus--My ID)
- Your in game name
- Your character level
- Approximate Gem balance
- Approximate Coin balance
- Approximate potion balances
- Approximate ticket and guild point balance
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby mistervista » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:50 am

I don't fancy doing that and risking losing everything, it's also a major pain having to go through all my cards to protect them all.

I'll wait until you've fixed the bug that's causing this issue and until you've implemented the option to 'protect all' cards.

Thanks.
mistervista

Postby Ragnarok72 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:53 pm

Major risk haha. Bro, we've all been going through it a dozen times and PM themselves advices u to use it.... Small risk I'd say, and dont u have two more accounts? ;)
Ragnarok72

Postby mistervista » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:59 pm

Ragnarok72 wrote:Major risk haha. Bro, we've all been going through it a dozen times and PM themselves advices u to use it.... Small risk I'd say, and dont u have two more accounts? ;)

Eh? No, I only have the one.
mistervista

Postby pmsupport » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:48 pm

Hi mistervista, a reinstall usually will not unlink your account. I have checked with the QA team but they have not been able to reproduce it. It might take some time for us to reproduce it and locate the cause. After you tapped the OK button of the update file required message, did it jump to the main screen or the loading screen with the Fairy Queen picture? If it jumped to the loading screen, did a progress bar with the "Updating File" text appear?

It's recommended that you try re-installing before we are able to fix this. Alternatively you can go the the app manager and clear the app data which also force re-downloading of the patched files. But once you do so, all your cards will also become unprotected and will need to be protected again. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby mistervista » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:17 am

It jumped back to the main screen with the ship and pirate woman that says Dragon Era and Tap to Enter.
mistervista

Postby pmsupport » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:38 am

Hi mistervista, did a progress bar with the "Updating File" text appear and begin to download files?
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby mistervista » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:16 pm

pmsupport wrote:Hi mistervista, did a progress bar with the "Updating File" text appear and begin to download files?

It did once, but it only did 1% and disappeared after a second or two.
mistervista

Return to Dragon Era Discussion