Speed Hacks

Speed Hacks

Postby Bambuju » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:01 pm

Dear Playmage:

If you continue to allow speed hacks, you will lose players. Think about it.
Bambuju

Re: Speed Hacks

Postby Shehadeh » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:15 pm

Hello this is Shehadeh, game ID#abe5b9 I just learned that certain players and "DEAL" in particular are using a speed hack. I will no longer spend a dime on this game until cheating is stopped and that acct used by "Deal" is banned from Dragon Era
Shehadeh

Postby Rudran » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:28 pm

Moreso, you will garner a bad reputation for allowing this type of behavior. Many people spend lots of money on this game and will be upset if it isn't addressed properly. Like Bambuju said, word gets around. Stick your head in the sand all you want, we all know the truth.
Rudran

Postby admin » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:12 am

We will investigate our server records to determine whether he used speed hacks, and will take appropriate actions if found true.
admin
Site Admin

Thank you - speed hacks

Postby Bambuju » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:14 pm

Dear Playmage:

Thank you for looking into the speed hack issue. One comment - for all the players that have put 100's of dollars into this game to achieve higher levels - it does not seem fair to let those that cheat keep the level they obtained unfairly.
Bambuju

Re: Thank you - speed hacks

Postby mistervista » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:28 pm

Bambuju wrote:Dear Playmage:

Thank you for looking into the speed hack issue. One comment - for all the players that have put 100's of dollars into this game to achieve higher levels - it does not seem fair to let those that cheat keep the level they obtained unfairly.

+1
I'd never heard of speed hacking but I agree totally with you, the perpetrators of this and other cheats in all games should be punished. I've played many games where other players have achieved impossible scores or other feats and it completely ruins the whole point of competition in the game.
I bought 'Pure Pool' on PS4 recently and already some players have topped every achievement e.g. There is a challenge to clear the table in the fastest time and they have a score of 0.1 seconds! I mean, come on, seriously? This sort of obvious cheating makes it totally pointless for the rest of us to even try. The developers never seem to do anything about these cheats though ( it happened in littlebigplanet also and never got fixed) but let's hope this case will be different.
mistervista

Re: Thank you - speed hacks

Postby admin » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:04 pm

We are still looking into the leveling records. Based on the data points we have so far, this player probably didn't use speed hack until recently, and have already reached a respectable level without cheating by being a loyal supporter like many others for 3+ months, so we have no idea why he suddenly decided to use speed hack. It will take a bit longer to determine what would be a reasonable level he should be dropped to, as we need to check several days of log to determine when speed hack was possibly used and analyzing relevant information (some penalty will also be involved).

Also, we will be also adding duration checks to prevent similar speed hacks in the future, but it may take a while to patch as we also need to determine minimum required time for various levels of the game. If anyone has additional questions, please feel free to private message me.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Dragon Era Discussion