So what's with the ads? Free gems? :D

So what's with the ads? Free gems? :D

Postby lolwut » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:19 pm

With the new ads being displayed ingame, will we be receiving more free gems to make up for that ad revenue and the annoyance of having to click the X button each time? Thanks! :D

In all seriousness, these ads are super obtrusive and causing bugs, and if it keeps up like this, I'm contemplating deleting my account and the app and never playing again. I can tell you for sure I won't be buying any more gems.
lolwut

Re: So what's with the ads? Free gems? :D

Postby jbobozeman » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:33 pm

Considering so many of us who love the game have actually spent some serious cash in it, the Ads are a slap in the face. The fact that it didn't have ads is a big part of what made the game actually fun to play. I understand if the developers want to make more money, but how much more money is that? They need to consider stopping the ads for users who have spent more than say $10, as that is a lot more than any new player would pay to unlock the ads. I'm hoping this gets worked out, and if the ads aren't gone, I will be.
jbobozeman

Postby Boop » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:02 pm

PM have said they're removing the adverts soon. But yeah, I'm with this guy. If the ads don't go, I probably will.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby ferg » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:04 pm

They just posted about it in the support section. Pop ups should be gone.
ferg

Postby admin » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:04 pm

The ads were TEMPORARILY placed in to fix a black overlay bug caused by our user-acquisition partner. They are already removed now since our partner rolled out a proper fix. Please see this post for details:
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=13726
admin
Site Admin

Postby jbobozeman » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:07 pm

OK!, not sure why ads would be used as a fix, but, we are all good. I especially appreciate the feeling, not that I had anything to do with it I am sure, but the feeling that this was posted as a problem, by many, and in a matter of hours, not only did they fix the dimming issue, but the ads are gone. Hats off!
jbobozeman

Please don't insult us

Postby Nebula » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:01 pm

We are not all children here and while insane amounts of money are paid to play this game, I assure you we are not completely stupid. To even suggest we had to endure ads for a split second to "allow" a partner to fix a problem in insulting at best. It's one thing to try to get away with making more money, that's the lifeline of corporations or even greedy little guys who hit it big with a lucky idea they make happen. But DO NOT insinuate we buy a ridiculous story about why we (the consumer) HAD to endure ads for OUR benefit.
PUH LEEEEZ
Nebula

Re: Please don't insult us

Postby pmsupport » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:08 pm

The ads were TEMPORARILY placed in to fix a black overlay bug caused by our user-acquisition partner. They are already removed now since our partner rolled out a proper fix. Please see this post for details:
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=13726
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Return to Dragon Era Discussion