Please, Playmage we beg you.

Re: Please, Playmage we beg you.

Postby Slikknick » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:41 pm

I think the major issue is lack of creativity personally. I don't mind a little risk vs reward. I actually enjoy a tough challenge knowing that only a select few members will have the cards. However the card is rubbish. Recycling old cards skills for such a high risk for a mediocre at best card.

I think the new dungeon is as boring as the card itself. At least with apocolypse dungeons you went a new route. This feels like apocolypse dungeons recycled with boss cards and waves changed. I have never played any other game that has been such a money sink as dragon era and am dissapointed at your laziness time after time. What are you providing for the veteran player?

I have one card left to draw from gem recruits or guild shop untill this game offers nothing new for me and that in itself is dissapointing enough. Knowing that when we upgrade our guild shop shortly I will take no pleasure in it due to lack of content this game has to offer and the main light on horizon for me was this round of time limited dungeons. But yet again I am dissapointed.

Poor play on your behalf playmage.
/rant over
Slikknick

Postby Ragnarok72 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:16 pm

Been around for some time now and I can say my deck is upper mediocre consisting two panzers, most of the previous GW bosses, 7* HP and high utility cards like Achilles, Hell mary, Zeus etc. These new dungeons just keep letting me down. Seeing my deck growing stronger, but seeing the maps I can finish without revives slink is kinda crazy imo. With panzers I was just HP cards short to finish hell w/o revives (and insane early as well) than moved to horsemen where hell just wasn't doable w/o revives for I believe everyone, now jumping into an insane map on pinoccio which is requiring me many revives to finish. All of this happening while deck is becoming stronger and stronger. Will difficult be made impossible on the next round of limited time bosses or will you just reevaluate chapter 3/4/5/6 and make them require revives as well?!

I just cant see what move u are making here... What is wrong with rewarding players who've spent thousands on this game by skilled cards if that would mean all mediocre/minor spenders get rewarded with dungeons they can actually beat with their deck....
Ragnarok72

Postby dragoon808 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:43 pm

Yeah Slikk same here a few away from completing monster list but when I emailed them this is the response I got "We introduced the mile rewards to specially increase the value of the gem recruits as guild shop has devalued it. Therefore, adding other ways to earn sailor miles is not under our consideration now." With a big hope you understand but I don't understand why I would have to spend so much to obtain cards that you can only get through sailor miles? Getting monster list up to 100% use to be one of my top goals but not anymore. I can't justify the amount it would take to do this.
dragoon808

Postby LIQUID » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:57 pm

Unfortunately I seem to see only one constant in the game. SPENDING.
Every new set of dungeons requires more revive potions than the previous dungeon. Also the winnable cards get less useful as well. I've been playing since the time of the panzers. When you could run the (HELL) map without revives.
The new wonderland map is ridiculous. Have to use revives on the insane map. I wasted 60 revives running the hell map before I seen the leader ability and the skill of the card.
I do love the new guild war format, and the guild war cards. Other than that I believe the game has gone way downhill. Several people are fed up with the general way the game seems to be going, and either have quit de or will be quitting de.
I just hope that future content gets better, and not continue in the way it's been going. Or else I will be saying goodbye to this game.
LIQUID

Postby Boop » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:22 pm

Slikknick wrote:I don't mind a little risk vs reward. I actually enjoy a tough challenge knowing that only a select few members will have the cards. However the card is rubbish.

You know what. Call me elitist, I don't really care. I made huge efforts to 5/5 Panzers and Horsemen, and I didn't mind the huge waste of time/potions/etc. But do you know what I do mind? Garbage cards. Never mind trying to max any of these new cards, I'm not even going to bother getting 1 of them.

I ran hell (skipped insane) just for the fun of it and to feed my guildies information about what to expect so they could start formulating a team. But now that we know what the actual cards are I'm never bothering to enter the map(s) again.

The problem isn't difficulty, potions, or whatever. The problem is that the risk/reward ratio is really terrible. If the card was super amazing people wouldn't be complaining, they'd be like, "well, if you want baller cards, you can expect to spend some pots I guess", but the card isn't amazing, it's actually useless.

Take some time to think about weighing up two things:

Difficulty of level vs card in hand
Card skills vs Command points

Neither of these are in check at the moment.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby ferg » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:04 pm

Just tried the “updated“ map. Stage 3 isn't any doable. I'm getting my pitchfork and torch, what was the home office address again???
ferg

Postby yutyu » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:17 pm

All I'll be doing will be getting the Dorothy card up to 8* for collection purpose then I'm done with this special dungeon.
Pinocchio would be a good farm for Achilles owners.
DRAGON ERA
Retired from the forum
yutyu

Postby Boop » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:26 pm

Ferg, but stage 5 for horsemen required revives also, no need to get your pitch forks out over what is considered normal. The problem is the reward.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby ferg » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:37 pm

Boop wrote:Ferg, but stage 5 for horsemen required revives also, no need to get your pitch forks out over what is considered normal. The problem is the reward.

Nah, this is pitchfork worthy, my friend. I understand maybe one or two revives from a bad roll on insane but having two satyrs of a different color is too much. The satyrs on War hit this hard, but you could reduce the damage, same with the rest of them. None of the insane maps had a single different color satyr, let alone two!

No arguement on the reward, if you can call it that. I've left better rewards in the toilet. They were alot stronger too.
ferg

Postby admin » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:09 pm

Boop wrote:Ferg, but stage 5 for horsemen required revives also, no need to get your pitch forks out over what is considered normal. The problem is the reward.

This maybe a result of players are used to having the time-limited dungeon being all attack damage cards, such being useful in guild wars and other places with boss with high HP without high defense. This round of boss cards will have different type of skills that are useful in different situations. For example, having some 75% all element damage reducer cards are very useful in certain situations that can be key to survival (the new hell/insane stage themselves are good example). Also, the series boss cards will be all human cards, so their passive skill will become more useful as we add more human cards.
admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion