Please, Playmage we beg you.

Re: Please, Playmage we beg you.

Postby Boop » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:46 am

I think the skill activate is quite nice. But for 35CP? Hrmm, i'll take my Achilles any day.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby admin » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:08 am

Actually, the 7-star is only 25CP, lower than both previous series. While that is still higher than Achilles card's CP, the higher damage reduction (50% vs 75%) may make a big difference. Perhaps having multiple of the new boss can be handy as well. But if you don't think you will ever need this boss card in any strategy, then skipping this boss maybe a sound option.
admin
Site Admin

Postby ferg » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:42 am

admin wrote:Our testing team were able to get past insane without revives but had couple Panzers on their teams. We have went ahead and made insane slightly easier even further considering that Panzers are only obtainable through mileage reward for newer players. We also increased the effect turn of the boss's skill from 3 to 5 (which makes a huge difference). Thanks again for everyone's feedback and patience.

So let me get this straight. You are testing the map with cards that was removed from the game because you said they were overpowered? Not just one, but a couple of them?

Guess there is no room for a Dorothy in the tester's deck when it's stuff full of panzer. I'm guessing it was an earth and water panzer or were they allowed a fire panzer since they are testers and all gloves are off for them.

I could probably pass it too with no revives if I had a library of card to choose from but I got to earn my cards. Maybe make them start from scratch and build a deck instead of giving them one and then talk to me. What a joke this has been.
ferg

Postby Bigbadjohn » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:01 am

admin wrote:Actually, the 7-star is only 25CP, lower than both previous series. While that is still higher than Achilles card's CP, the higher damage reduction (50% vs 75%) may make a big difference. Perhaps having multiple of the new boss can be handy as well. But if you don't think you will ever need this boss card in any strategy, then skipping this boss maybe a sound option.

What I had hoped you may say is "Given our plans for future content you may find it greatly advantageous to have cards that give 75% damage reduction to reduce your use of revive potions" :D
Bigbadjohn

Postby pudgy87 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:19 am

From what I read from admin that insane can be done with 2 pnz in deck is kinda like spitting in the face of new players. What ur tell them is spend 500$ and u can gave 2 panzers to ba able to beat insane. I think if the content needs panzers then make them a little more excessible like 250$ for 1 pnz kinda pricey don't u think. I can't male it 2 wave 5 without revives but the murlocs defence can't scratch it with 8* dragon. What can the player like me that's spent $500 so far beat game and only has one pnz of fire do too beat this wave I gotta rely on Hm to hit hard enough just to dent it could be 3 hrs before that happends. Anyway I don't really bitch about new dungeons cause I got my 8* hm didn't mind spending revives for this but just for a 7* I need to blow 10 revives its not worth it. Thanks for listening
DE code dmb0xy
pudgy87

Postby admin » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:18 pm

Bigbadjohn wrote:
admin wrote:Actually, the 7-star is only 25CP, lower than both previous series. While that is still higher than Achilles card's CP, the higher damage reduction (50% vs 75%) may make a big difference. Perhaps having multiple of the new boss can be handy as well. But if you don't think you will ever need this boss card in any strategy, then skipping this boss maybe a sound option.

What I had hoped you may say is "Given our plans for future content you may find it greatly advantageous to have cards that give 75% damage reduction to reduce your use of revive potions" :D

I can't make such claim for everyone, but for some players with certain max HP range it may already come to great use. The design team was originally reluctant to increase the duration originally as that opens to a strategy that wasn't intended possible at 75% reduction, but was okay with the change since there are already places that strategy won't work.

Our dev team have been informed that future new content needs to be tested more extensive for level difficulty. While I would give them credit for fixing things within 24 hours, not properly testing prior to release and causing so many loyal players to be upset over the badly configured stage was not acceptable. They will be taking extra steps to prevent this from happening again in the future. Thanks again for everyone's feedback and patience on this issue.

I am now locking this thread, but please feel free to keep discuss the new dungeon using the one below and contact me via PM if you have any further questions or feedback.
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=13738
admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Dragon Era Discussion