Please, Playmage we beg you.

Re: Please, Playmage we beg you.

Postby mattyb79 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:56 pm

admin wrote:
Boop wrote:Ferg, but stage 5 for horsemen required revives also, no need to get your pitch forks out over what is considered normal. The problem is the reward.

This maybe a result of players are used to having the time-limited dungeon being all attack damage cards, such being useful in guild wars and other places with boss with high HP without high defense. This round of boss cards will have different type of skills that are useful in different situations. For example, having some 75% all element damage reducer cards are very useful in certain situations that can be key to survival (the new hell/insane stage themselves are good example). Also, the series boss cards will be all human cards, so their passive skill will become more useful as we add more human cards.

Forgive me for asking, but exactly how many 30 and 35 cp cards do you think we can use to make them useful? As for the defense thing, wouldn't the GW tree accomplish the same and it doesn't help at all in this dungeon really. I think your example is flawed just a little. Excuses for lack of creativity doesn't make this better.
mattyb79

Postby a9yay6 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:01 pm

admin wrote:
Boop wrote:Ferg, but stage 5 for horsemen required revives also, no need to get your pitch forks out over what is considered normal. The problem is the reward.

This maybe a result of players are used to having the time-limited dungeon being all attack damage cards, such being useful in guild wars and other places with boss with high HP without high defense. This round of boss cards will have different type of skills that are useful in different situations. For example, having some 75% all element damage reducer cards are very useful in certain situations that can be key to survival (the new hell/insane stage themselves are good example). Also, the series boss cards will be all human cards, so their passive skill will become more useful as we add more human cards.

I hear what you are saying, but you are wrong. There is no theory crafting to get out of this. Wave 3 I have wasted at least 9 energy pots trying to figure out a way around it. Like I mentioned earlier I have nearly every viable card available, and I can't find a single strategy that doesn't require revives. Nice move in taking Naga out of the equation with not allowing fire cards. Yeah, I noticed if no one else did. This one card made most of the maps a lot more manageable.

Speaking of theory crafting, this used to be an important and FUN part of the game. It gave you REASONABLE goals and cards to look forward to in a given situation. This revive to win format eliminates this idea. Which was what made the Panzer Dragon maps so much fun.

Not that your design team will listen to suggestions, but I suggest lowering the damage output of wave 3 again, or switching the the element color. Secondly if you aren't going to allow fire type cards at all; banish the symbols that come with them.

My main gripe is the lack of creativity for theory crafting with the existing cards available. Slow down the content releases, pay more attention to the game dynamics, and get away from revive dynamics. We don't need Panzer maps or cards back, what we really WANT is the WAY those maps played.
Chad
lvl 162
Guild Leader of Fairy Tails
a9yay6

Postby ferg » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:31 pm

^ These guys took the words out of my mouth. Not sure how 75% reduction with a 20 cooldown is going to save my life, just prolong my death. It isn't going to save me on wave 3!

This revive to survive is getting old quick. You can sugar coat it all you want, it still taste horrible.
ferg

Postby Boop » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:12 am

Revive strat is old and boring, yeah. But we'd still all grin and bear it if the reward was acceptable. I know a lot of plays would -love- the chance for a revive strat in a retarded dungeon if the prize were Panzer's for instance. So the problem ins't the revives, the problem is the crappy cards for effort ratio.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby FourVolks » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:45 am

Quite to the point. My take from this is quite easy: I will not play this dungeon as long as the risk/reward ratio is as crappy as it is now.

Postby Wendigo » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:50 am

I have played dozens of games, several very similar to this one. The simple reality is that this is not the A-team of devs. I know we all want a better product especially when paying lots of money for it. But after months of watching this dev team struggling with basic game designs and the considerable lack of content being developed compared to other games (most have new content weekly or even daily and that content varies so all levels of play benefit) show that this team simply does not have the necessary abilities. I have stayed with the game so far because it has enormous potential. But potential never realized :( and appears this will not be changing. Please PM consider hiring some better devs in the near future.
Wendigo

Postby ZOOT » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:17 am

Im done playing this game for now !!!

Maybe my little brother wants to play for me in mean time but im done
ZOOT

Postby admin » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:26 am

Our testing team were able to get past insane without revives but had couple Panzers on their teams. We have went ahead and made insane slightly easier even further considering that Panzers are only obtainable through mileage reward for newer players. We also increased the effect turn of the boss's skill from 3 to 5 (which makes a huge difference). Thanks again for everyone's feedback and patience.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Boop » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:33 am

Admin, thanks for toning it down a bit. But it doesn't change the fact that an easy 50 meter race with a shiny turd for a trophy is still a race I wouldn't participate in. There are problems beyond the difficulty curve.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby admin » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:43 am

Boop wrote:Admin, thanks for toning it down a bit. But it doesn't change the fact that an easy 50 meter race with a shiny turd for a trophy is still a race I wouldn't participate in. There are problems beyond the difficulty curve.

Changing the duration from 3 to 5 may not sound big on the surface, but it can make a big difference. If it's not the type of skill you want, then you can wait for the next boss as each one in this series is different (unlike previous series).
admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion