Card Construction Thread

Re: Card Construction Thread

Postby ferg » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:58 pm

Ninja, still a little strong , imo. Leader skill would probably be better at 2x.

However, it does make me think it would be nice to see beast strong shooters and demon hp cards. Would be able to build beast and demon type teams easier. Plus, it would make some old cards more valuable as leaders.

Just a thought.
ferg

Postby _0nyx_ » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:36 am

How about a Utility card such as this
Active Skill
Opponent(s) CD is raised by one; meaning that for the duration of said wave the opposing AI's CD would be raised by one. This would give a 0 cool down AI a CD of 1, thereby possibly making that opponent a non threat or at least manageable (with a lot less luck or revive potions if you know what I mean). This could also offset opponents whose attacks are going to sync if you made it a target one opponent instead of all( Useful in a situation where your hitter can't kill the opponent who is lining up their sights on you and holding back their CD 5turns would simply delay your death). But I still got a feeling some may call this overpowered or underpowered, so I would like to remind you that it is up to interpretation and if implemented correctly would certainly add to strategic play rather then the mindless waiting for your nuke em cards to re-arm.

Leader Skill
Dodge and Recover- 10%chance incoming attack's will not connect and you regain health equal to this cards recovery skill
Mirror Shield- 10% chance all damage will be negated and reflected back onto the opponent who triggered the skill
Bulwark- Incoming damage of all types will be reduced by 20%
Frostbite-10% triggering opponent may be inflicted with a fixed amount of cold damage not blockable with armor(such a skill could be implemented with all types aka fire~burn, dark~curse, earth~disease, and light~divine~punishment
Revive- Upon death you will be granted a second chance with full health or a fraction of whatever's clever( this skill would only be activatable once per mission)
Love my Team- 5% chance(lower or higher whatever's clever) that a spin may bear full hearts and affects nothing else, just gives you a chance at a overheal at least for most teams with a relevant recovery to health ratio aka not a full on hp team with a 2.5x hp leader on the side.

Stats/Race/and Type

totally up to Devs doubt they would listen this far into a suggestion, if im wrong though I think beast or demon would be a good choice and one of each type would be fine and hell you could change up the active skill a bit like one that effects all enemies( permanent slow down for said wave) one that effects a enemy( disrupter of syncing enemies) another that randomly changes there CD's from 1-10(A real gamble) or whatever you find reasonable, and so on you know what I'm saying. As for the Stats I would make it a balance type so a nice balance would be nice.

Anyways this kind of card could be implemented through biweekly dungeons like panzers, horsemen, and the wonderland chicks or through gem draws and or lvl8 guild shops.
_0nyx_

Postby Carava » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:22 am

_0nyx_ wrote:How about a Utility card such as this
Active Skill
Opponent(s) CD is raised by one; meaning that for the duration of said wave the opposing AI's CD would be raised by one. This would give a 0 cool down AI a CD of 1, thereby possibly making that opponent a non threat or at least manageable (with a lot less luck or revive potions if you know what I mean). This could also offset opponents whose attacks are going to sync if you made it a target one opponent instead of all( Useful in a situation where your hitter can't kill the opponent who is lining up their sights on you and holding back their CD 5turns would simply delay your death). But I still got a feeling some may call this overpowered or underpowered, so I would like to remind you that it is up to interpretation and if implemented correctly would certainly add to strategic play rather then the mindless waiting for your nuke em cards to re-arm.

Leader Skill
Dodge and Recover- 10%chance incoming attack's will not connect and you regain health equal to this cards recovery skill
Mirror Shield- 10% chance all damage will be negated and reflected back onto the opponent who triggered the skill
Bulwark- Incoming damage of all types will be reduced by 20%
Frostbite-10% triggering opponent may be inflicted with a fixed amount of cold damage not blockable with armor(such a skill could be implemented with all types aka fire~burn, dark~curse, earth~disease, and light~divine~punishment
Revive- Upon death you will be granted a second chance with full health or a fraction of whatever's clever( this skill would only be activatable once per mission)
Love my Team- 5% chance(lower or higher whatever's clever) that a spin may bear full hearts and affects nothing else, just gives you a chance at a overheal at least for most teams with a relevant recovery to health ratio aka not a full on hp team with a 2.5x hp leader on the side.

Stats/Race/and Type

totally up to Devs doubt they would listen this far into a suggestion, if im wrong though I think beast or demon would be a good choice and one of each type would be fine and hell you could change up the active skill a bit like one that effects all enemies( permanent slow down for said wave) one that effects a enemy( disrupter of syncing enemies) another that randomly changes there CD's from 1-10(A real gamble) or whatever you find reasonable, and so on you know what I'm saying. As for the Stats I would make it a balance type so a nice balance would be nice.

Anyways this kind of card could be implemented through biweekly dungeons like panzers, horsemen, and the wonderland chicks or through gem draws and or lvl8 guild shops.

I like the active skill but im guessing it would mess up the maps greatly. especially for the rounds with double of something with the same cd. they would have to change nearly every single mob in the end game to simply all high hitters if you break up the combos that waves are set to for balance. The active might allow you another rotation of all their skills but still take dmg if they were low cd though(compared to the turns you have to wait for the skill) (I feel that the active shouldn't prevent too much). A CD all (frighten,threaten) is fair enough.

Dodge and recover - i love the dodge and recover though. gives a possible sustain when running oath and full heal.

Mirror shield - aside from the 10% reduction which is barely anything since i doubt that the card with this skill will be the sole card you depend on to survive the whole map, there is the creature tamer from doing 5 referrals. Its active ability is water retaliation (within 5 turns, retaliate enemies who cause damage with water based attack). I think it gives like 2x the dmg back or something low which sucks. but it could be useful if only i had more hp............... :(

Bulwark - Bulwark could be a fun low-mid lvl card. too bad it would be a limited time card. unless they decide to do a special special bonus map that rotates each week filled with approved new cards to introduce to the game until they find somewhere to put them.
Carava

Postby _0nyx_ » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:17 pm

Mirror Shield- [u]10% chance all damage will be negated and reflected [/u]back into the opponent who triggered the skill

I believe what I was trying to say is that if this skill activates you take no damage and the opponent who triggered it instead takes all the damage.
_0nyx_

Postby ferg » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:04 pm

I do like the idea of some more defense skills.

How about a skill that gives you 10k armor for 3 turns or something that? Maybe 5k for 5 turns, 20k for 2, ect. Alot of options here to play with.
ferg

Previous

Return to Dragon Era Discussion