Community Feedback for Playmage

Community Feedback for Playmage

Postby Boop » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:54 am

Admin / PMSupport / Devs,

We come to you as a group of people to give honest feedback about a game we love. Some positive, some negative, but hopefully it is unbiased and helps both sides of the table. This is not a whinging festival by any means, and I hope it doesn’t turn into that.

Many people’s thoughts were collected to form this short feedback thread so I do not speak on my own behalf, I was simply elected as the one to put it forth. I will not mention these people’s names, as I encourage them to come forth and announce themselves instead. It may be worth mentioning that such people are included from Silent Rage, ELITE and Killin, who are not just veteran players, but also veteran spenders. There is a myriad of other guilds in the collaboration of these thoughts, however for now I will stick to the Top 3 guilds.

Note: Anything written in a bracket and italics like (this) are to be considered as editors notes and are my own personal thoughts, not a reflection of the community. Since I am the one putting it forth at this point in time, I felt the need to keep my own thoughts, and the thoughts of the collective group separate as they do not always share the same sentiments.

This feedback letter shall be divided into the following to maintain a sense of flow. Context, Positives, Concerns and Trash. Please read them in order as they have been placed like this for a reason.

Context:

The group was formed out of concern for low to mid level players. May we add that our concerns have actually been addressed somewhat, and are lowered now. Initially when Wonderland was dropped, Dorothy was incredibly hard to begin with. There was a series of adjustments and this plateaued somewhat. Ice Queen however has its difficulty right where it should be, and as a result our ‘poor low/mid players’ concerns have gone down a bit.

Positives:

Rewards: At this point in time we really appreciate the new set of rewards. The new rewards coming out are starting to get very cool. On one hand we have the Dragon King/Queen series, which are quite powerful and are getting a set of utility spells giving us more than just damage. That is very befitting of a Guild War Champion. On the other hand, we have new types of bosses to collect through Wonderland. Dorothy can go under the table and hide for a little bit in this discussion. Ice Queen however is very cool. A different active ability, and a unique and interesting passive ability. Is she a great card? That’s not the point. The point is it’s something new to collect and aim for, and that in itself is exciting. So thank you.

Achievable Long Term Goals: With the introduction of Wonderland you blessed us with the Pinocchio series. For those who enjoy the fun of gem draws and have their set of monsters to skill up, we thank you. For those who do not, they can start to build a set of fully skilled Pinocchio cards through the Difficulty stage. This helps ALL players in every way, shape and form. It keeps us playing your game, and customer satisfaction is through the room for this addition. (May it be noted that I actually thing this is the best thing you’ve done for the community and game thus far). This was a very intelligent move on the developer’s behalf. Again, thank you.

Difficulty Curve for Dungeons: Panzer was the first dungeon, and in time it because a cake walk. However it was a very long cake walk. Horsemen were added after and was a huge wake up call to us as a whole. Was it easy? Not really. But both Insane and Hell felt ‘ok’. The rewards were there for the taking, we just needed to get on top of it and evolve with the game. (How we actually read that these days is use revives more). Once we adapted, it was business as normal, and they were a cool set of cards. Wonderland dropped, and everyone lost their mind over Dorothy. (I still think it was a bit harder than it should have been). Ice Queen is great balancing though, so we look forward to the rest. But what we really need to consider is Slow+Safe vs Fast+Risky. Panzer was very slow to do, could take some an hour, whereas these newer dungeons are considerably faster. This point was actually lost on a few of us till someone brought it up, and it is the dead truth. We balance some revives for cutting the time of the dungeon in half on Hell. For this, we will come to an agreement that it is what it is. However, we ask that it doesn’t get much harder because that’d just be ridiculous. So at this point in time, well done on balancing before and after Dorothy.

Concerns:

Difficulty during Guild Wars: We understand the first Guild War was actually meant to not be beatable. But it was, and so was every war after it. In the spirit of what it was meant to be you’ve gone and made them considerably harder. Which is fine to be honest, for most of us. However we feel for that low/mid bracket as addressed in the context it might actually be too hard. We are not developers however, so we’re not going to go into balancing. But adjusting either the boss HP to be lower, or it’s Attack to be lower would really help some of the lower end. Lowering both might not be necessary, but one would be a great help to those who need the encouragement. Our perspective is that more settled players are easily getting their rewards, and walking around with how cool it is, and those who want to join in with the celebrations and rewards simply can’t. They see no joy in spending 10 gems for 100 points. We believe this is harmful to the community and may be why we see such high turnover of players. Please help them out, because if you do you just might see a new set of players buying gems because suddenly they see their goals are actually achievable.

(This is actually our only concern now because Ice Queen was nowhere near as crazy as Dorothy, so we are not in a position to actually discuss how it’s bad for the community)

Trash:

(This is where a set of ideas were put forth which I feel should be included for you to read, however I think are beyond dumb and/or have been dismissed multiple times)

GIVE US MORE GEMS FOR MONEY
LET US TRADE CARDS
ERMAGERD PLS MAKE MORE GOLD CHESTS DROP
GEM RECRUITS DON’T GIVE ME THE CARDS I WANT, MAKE IT STOP

Conclusion:

Playmage, we’re not going for some kind of revolution, or massive complaint deal. We had two objectives. One was to let you know you're 90% on the right path, especially with the newer cards coming out, keep it up! And two, we just would like to see some of the low/mid level players being given the same opportunity to develop into this game as we have. When we started the game was a lot easier than it was now, we were given time to develop our teams, and gem recruit over a period of months. Now a days you need very specific teams to do some of your Insane levels. We just thing that’s a bit harsh on those who are still getting a feel for the game, and are wondering if investing in your game is the right idea.

We know it’s the right idea, but that’s because we’re already happy. Try giving a little to those sitting on the fence and see how many fall over to your side? I think you’d be surprised at how many fence sitters would actually start playing properly if they felt like it was achievable for them.

I encourage those from other guilds who helped contribute to this set of feedback to comment below and show your support. However as stated above I will not name anyone involved.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Re: Community Feedback for Playmage

Postby ZOOT » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:47 am

BOOP +1

I agree mostly with this !'
They see no joy in spending 10 gems for 100 points.
ZOOT

Postby tntgamer » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:55 am

Gday I support that post we have been working on it for a couple of weeks
Regards TNT leader of ELITE
tntgamer

Postby Rudi » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:01 am

I agree with this. I have not spend money on the game mostly because even if I
Do it's not going to help me get the boss cards. Unless I go and
Spend a lot. We in our guild love this game but I have seen people
Come and go. Due to them getting bored and get stagnant.
We midrange players relay on shop. But even that is a joke.
Really hope some changes get made..
Thx
Rudi
Sinister Phoenix
Rudi

Postby Rhonda » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:09 am

In Septim Pace is also on board with this!
Rhonda ~Member of Rockstars~
Rhonda

Postby Rudi » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:13 am

We or on board with this

Rudi vice for sinister Phoenix
Rudi

Postby TitusK » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:41 am

Another plus 1. Agree for the most part

Tito lead of Elite 2
TitusK

Postby HernHunter » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:52 am

There is no my contribution in this text, but i agree with most of it. Players who stay with game almost from beginning can menage most of obstacles you create for them, but begginers & mid lvl players need to see that they have chances in game too.
Damn Guild Name (DGN)
HernHunter

Postby shaned1025 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:23 am

PROMETHEUS is on board with this. I will just say with all due respect toward Playmage and the top 3 guild, cost is a direct issue to player turnover. We have all heard recently "the cost is too high for me to keep playing". IMO gem recruits could be better, but I am not a developer or a Playmage owner.
Prometheus Leader
Dragon Era ID d366c7
Line App shaned1025
shaned1025

Postby Emperor » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:36 am

Emperor is supportive too.

Leader of Emperor. :)
Emperor

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion