Community Feedback for Playmage

Re: Community Feedback for Playmage

Postby Tasov » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:57 am

I'm on board as a guild leader
I think it's well stated and to the point. I have lost a few of my star people in the last month due to lack of interest and inactivity, I know players come and go in this game. What I hear from my low and mid level players is they were frustrated in the last guild war because of their use of gems to get points on the board was very costly for them.I would like to add that the suggestion that some have made as to trading cards and and the other suggestions that were posted...I don't think is trash IMO just some ideas that could make the game more interesting, as for me I have spent a great deal of money and collected many cards, now when I spend $100 on a purchase I would like to get more value out of it then feeders and skill levelers. The drop rate for the cards I need has become so high that I feel I wasted a lot of money. (Just my thought) if there was a level that player reaches on spending $ for acquiring cards that there might be a higher reward for reaching that point of spending… that would definitely make me happy to spend my money if it means I will be able to get the cards that I need or I'm striving to get.
thanks Boop for your post I as well back it
The rock stars
Tasov

Postby popo » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:12 am

I agree with most of what was posted. I'm a post-panzer player and not in a top-3 guild, so take this for what it's worth.

Guild war bosses: correct me if I'm wrong, but PM's strategy here is to ensure that no deck has 100% kill without revives. This is going to make it insanely hard for players without access to top-tier cards (panzers, dragon queens, horsemen). I'll estimate the "Discouragement threshold" to be as follows: if a player running Healer/Marionette with four shooters (HM4S) can't average 300 guild points per run, you're not giving enough points to low/mid-tier players.

There is a fix! Just steepen the rewards curve. I.e. kill is always ~1200 points, and making it to turn 30 with HM4S is always ~600 points. With top-tier decks getting ever stronger, there's no way to avoid ramping up health/dmg of boss. But every time you do this, keep making the rewards curve steeper as well. This way kill rate with best deck stays the same, and guild points earned by low/mid-tier decks stay the same. You might even make those lowbies think they have a shot at Boss card, and then they shell out $$$! Win-win.

Wonderland On this one, I have no clue what PM's strategy is. We can all agreed PM chunked it on panzers. Horsemen were great, though - I got Famine with after 8 tries, 3 wipes, and 1 revive with a 7500-HP deck. It opened up the game for me. Add to this the fact that getting 8* horseman was a heavy lift for veterans, and it was impossible to farm, and you have a winner.

The current strategy of requiring a pound of flesh from anybody for anything is just ridiculous. I totally disagree that if someone comes up with a deck that can beat insane without revives, the map is appropriately difficult. Just give it up! If a veteran has every card and is willing to run Insane 10 times for the card, just let them have it. Make Hell appropriately difficult for the veterans. At the current difficulty level, Wonderland is designed so that by the time you're strong enough to beat the map, you have absolutely no need for the card.

Honestly, the only serious reason to run those maps is arena, since the 8* versions will beat anything except Tree of Life. And the players who are that serious about arena (will spend 10-20 hours and 50 revives to upgrade the 8* necro on their arena team) are just doing it for kicks. They have no need for any of the rewards.
popo

Postby Tasov » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:20 am

Tasov wrote:I'm on board as a guild leader
I think it's well stated and to the point. I have lost a few of my star people in the last month due to lack of interest and inactivity, I know players come and go in this game. What I hear from my low and mid level players is they were frustrated in the last guild war because of their use of gems to get points on the board was very costly for them.I would like to add that the suggestion that some have made as to trading cards and and the other suggestions that were posted...I don't think is trash IMO just some ideas that could make the game more interesting, as for me I have spent a great deal of money and collected many cards, now when I spend $100 on a purchase I would like to get more value out of it then feeders and skill levelers. The drop rate for the cards I need has become so low that I feel I wasted a lot of money. (Just my thought) if there was a level that player reaches on spending $ for acquiring cards that there might be a higher reward for reaching that point of spending… that would definitely make me happy to spend my money if it means I will be able to get the cards that I need or I'm striving to get.
thanks Boop for your post I as well back it
The rock stars
Tasov

Postby admin » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:40 am

Thanks for posting the collective feedback. I have forwarded this to our design and operations team. Regarding the next guild war boss, I believe it's easier than the last one, and there is another minor boost to the personal reward chart for lower rankings in terms of more potions and Gems.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Boop » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:27 am

Thank you also for taking the time out to read it. We do welcome the lowered difficulty for the war, and a small boost in rewards never hurt anyone. :)

Keep up the good work and keep the cool cards coming!
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby Crtmn » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:25 pm

+1 to Boop's original post. I don't really have anything to add, other than that I am excited to see what content comes out in the future (e.g. next time-limited dungeon set, next GW Boss card set)
Crtmn

Postby ferg » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:36 pm

Wonderful post Boop. And all this time I thought you really didn't care that much about low/mid level players and you go off and do this. You sneaky devil you! I'm glad you took the time to write this because this did needed to be addressed. I commend you on work.

I do get angry when I see my friend, who is lower level but has spent probably more than me, can't advance like did just because I started sooner. He had high hopes on the release of the wonderland maps because he thought he was ready to tackle the time limited maps and couldn't. I wasn't thrilled myself because I thought I was ready to dive into Hell maps but quickly realized that insane ones were suddenly tougher so no go on that. Just made me feel like I backed up, not advanced and that was a letdown!

On the guild boss, glad to hear they lightened it up because everyone in my guild's scores were half of the last one.
ferg

Postby Slikknick » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:38 am

+1

May I just add, the expansions/patches on this game are too far apart. I ran out of cards to buy from gem recruits a long time ago and would have spent a lot more money on this game if there was some gem recruits I didn't have or if their was a card I could evolve to 8 that previously couldn't. Instead my gems just sit there waiting impatiently for the next guild war... Zzzzz
Slikknick

Postby admin » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:17 am

Slikknick wrote:+1

May I just add, the expansions/patches on this game are too far apart. I ran out of cards to buy from gem recruits a long time ago and would have spent a lot more money on this game if there was some gem recruits I didn't have or if their was a card I could evolve to 8 that previously couldn't. Instead my gems just sit there waiting impatiently for the next guild war... Zzzzz

Sorry about the delay on the next major expansion (eg version 3.0). We had some project delays which caused our development resource to be locked up, so we were only able to make minor changes and release new boss dungeon/cards for Dragon Era recently. However, the planning the next expansion has began and I will post more information about included major changes and potential release time frame once it has been finalized.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Blugamca » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:51 pm

I must say I am in agreement with this post. I am the leader of the guild Geek Squad. I have been playing for almost the entire length of the game, and I still have a very limited deck. I have spent some money in the game but I refuse to pay for something that I might not know what I am getting. I put money into the game because I was guaranteed the Red Dragon Queen guild boss.

The common problem that I see, is that the new players struggle to build their decks. My suggestion to PM, either make a way where we can purchase the cards we desire, with gems, not sailor miles, or make rare cards appear more often in the guild shop. I understand why you don't want to put card trading in. I really do, but that could also be your solution to the new players requiring certain cards. I have seen the Snake Spirit twice in my guild shop, both times happened in the same day and I did not have enough guild points to get either one. That was at least 10 months ago. Since then, I have yet to see the snake spirit again. I'm not trying to complain, I'm just giving you my experience with the game, and what problems my guild and myself have.
Blugamca
a7d716
Be consistently persistent
Blugamca

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion