Wonderland of Fire

Re: Wonderland of Fire

Postby Boop » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:15 pm

A wild boop appears!

This is a tough one.

To answer your question direct, am I farming wondering? Well, yes. But at a considerably slower rate than Horsemen. Why? Because the revive cap vs chests equation has changed.

We have two trains of farming right now.
1 - Cyclops/50% Leaders ensure we can farm safely through Stage 6/7, however give us higher revive counts in other areas.
2 - Brute Force teams give us lower revive counts, however don't allow us to always farm 5+1 chests.

So instead of aiming to 5/5 a card in one cycle, I'm more so looking to get a card to 2/5 or 3/5 and finish it off next cycle, that's all.

Which tactic do I use? Well, you'll have to wait until the last Wonderland drops because giving out too much information too early is never a good idea for all parties involved. Similar to my write up about Horsemen.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby yutyu » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:32 pm

Benjamin wrote:It's fairly well proved that the rare gold chest card drops much more frequently in Hell then in Insane. While Karen might drop slightly less often than Pinnochio in Hell the odds are not as drastic as you seem to be implying, I'm guessing 1 of every 3 or 4 gold chests will be a Karen in Hell, and Insane it would be 1 of every 9 or 10. I don't know what the exact odds are but I can quote PM as saying the rare gold chest cards are easier to obtain in Hell than in Insane. I got Karen on my second run through hell, most players I know are able to obtain Karen within ten hell runs. Usually Insane takes many more runs to obtain rare gold chest.

You are incredibly lucky, I had to farm Wonderland Ice Hell stage 30+ times for my 2nd Snow Queen. Considering my luck, I would say the drop rate I stated is extremely generous.

Benjamin wrote:As for you're suggestion on farming Karen. I simply don't see the cost/benefit of even considering it.

I'm not suggesting you to farm Karen, I was just saying "IF" you are planning to farm Karen. The same "IF" applies for every future Wonderland boss out there.
I truly believe Karen is overpowered at max skill, but she is also a one trick pony that most of the time works as a decoration in your deck.

Benjamin wrote:Also I'm not sure if I agree with your understanding of how chests drop, I don't think any particular spin is capable of yielding either brown/gold as you suggest but what I've witnessed is that the color of the chests drop in a predetermined sequence initiated with the start of the level, so for example I might get 2 brown chests quickly, grind for a very long time and get a gold chest, then get 2 more brown chests quickly, or maybe I grind for a long time and the first chest I get is gold, then 4 more brown chests very quickly.

Also, this is very individual luck dependent so it's fair each of us has different opinion on this, but my understanding is each and every spin has a very very low chance of scoring chests, even lower chance for gold chests. So, you have very good luck with spins. Good for you.

Benjamin wrote:What I'm asking is if high level players feel it worth farming hell now since it seems the difficulty has increased. If people are farming Pinnochio, what's their preference hell, insane, or difficult?

Right now, revive potions are precious commodities compared to Horsemen Era, you need revives for nearly everything now especially guild war.
Since, revives are not unlimited, it really depends on your "revive potions stock management". There is no correct answer for your question. There are so many factors to consider, the worth is different for everyone.
DRAGON ERA
Retired from the forum
yutyu

Postby hjen14985 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:09 am

Thanks
hjen14985

Postby Browncoat » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:40 pm

47 runs on difficult to get 2 gold chests. luckily, the two were different. i'm sooooo done with this one.
Browncoat

Postby hjen14985 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:54 pm

i get 5 gold. 3 pino and 2 karen, so lucky
hjen14985

Postby _0nyx_ » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:51 am

I need the help of someone with an 8star catalina to run insane for Karen. My friend ID is ecf03x, Please Im counting on you!
_0nyx_

Postby dinafyre » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:21 pm

my team for insane was 6* cannoneer lead, 7* poison necro, 6* valkyrie, 7* lycan and echidna for hp w/ a light healer lead. Used zero revives but i did down a few epots to get the gold chests i couldnt do it last time around but with the dual hp in there while i cut it close a few times i didnt actually die at all. However hell is outta the question :shock: thats just death on a stick with my team setup.
dinafyre

Postby _0nyx_ » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:27 pm

Thanks anyways but those teams wont work for me because i dont have the cards. Anyways im still looking for a kind soul to help me out by providing me with the assitance of an 8star catalina. I know alot of people are fed up with stuff right now but im just trying to get on with the game, so please help me.Thank you!
My friend code again is ecf03x
_0nyx_

Previous

Return to Dragon Era Discussion