Wonderland Bosses

Wonderland Bosses

Postby TheNoid » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:11 pm

Dear Playmage

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE start making these bosses with more reasonable amounts of HP. There is no fun or strategy involved with fighting a boss with a 0 CD and a billion HP. No one wants to sit around for an hour or more wasting value battery life when there is no chance of actually dying. It actually diminishes the future battery power of devices when they need to be charged back up so frequently and it also feels like it might overheat.

Myself and my devices thank you for your consideration!

TheNoid
TheNoid

Re: Wonderland Bosses

Postby mistervista » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:58 am

+1
mistervista

Postby Lee » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:34 am

I've previously queried this. didn't get an answer from PM, but a seasoned player suggested that its set so we cant farm the level too quickly for skilling up.
I get the response to some degree but it bores the hell out me running the last stage for xxx (Enter silly amounts of mins or hours here)
I don't get the business plan in boring players to death
Lee

Postby Boop » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:44 am

Wonderland is taking me on average 15-20 mins. QOTD makes short work of this kind of stuff tbh. The real question I have for the original post is even if the stages were shorter, thus better for your battery or whatever, wouldn't you just run the stages more often, thus using your battery equally? ;)

Well, I would. Game time is game time, if I run 1 stage or 10 stages, it'll be roughly the same amount of time, because it's my choice to play for that amount of time.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby yutyu » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:30 am

The only advantage for faster stage would make it possible to play and complete a stage during short 10-15 mins break.
But it would also make skilling cards a lot easier and it will force Playmage to reduce the drop rate of gold chests further to discourage skilling.
DRAGON ERA
Retired from the forum
yutyu

Postby TheNoid » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:33 am

Boop - That is a very fair and accurate assumption most of the time :-) Unless I had no energy potions, but that is usually not the case. Also, if I get 5 brown chests I usually forfeit the level because I don't feel like wasting time and battery :-) when I don't have much to gain.

It is more a matter of game enjoyment and I would much rather play it 2-3 times than once for the same amount of battery life
TheNoid

Postby TheNoid » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:37 am

I can understand the skilling argument, but at the current drop rates it would still take a very long to skill up considering the time it takes to reach the last level and that each bonus level is only available for two weeks. I am not saying it has to be as quick as the dark level, but cutting the HP in half probably would not do much except improve the playing experience for most.
TheNoid

Postby ferg » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:18 am

Boop wrote:Wonderland is taking me on average 15-20 mins.

Lol, it took me about a hour just to kill Karen. The whole map takes about 1 1/2 hours for me to beat.

No poison= ant fighting an elephant.
ferg

Postby Boop » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Ferg, I actually don't have a QOTD, was just using it as a good example. My original point was to stop using bad arguments, ie, the battery thing. Just say your purpose.

The maps can be annoyingly long and not everyone enjoys it.

There, done. Stop with your misguided stuff. The battery issue is not a point because you'd just play more and use the battery equally.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby ferg » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:15 pm

Boop, I understand your point. I just got a good laugh at what takes me 1 1/2 hours take you 15 minutes. The battery issue I don't have a comment because I just keep a charger handy.
ferg

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion