Thank you playmage

Thank you playmage

Postby dragoon808 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:46 pm

Thank you for new card. Hayyel is an awesome card due to the cd of 15.

Sorry for 2 posts in 1 but I'm lazy

Question is keep 2 7* or evolve
dragoon808

Re: Thank you playmage

Postby Benjamin » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:42 pm

I couldn't disagree more. I'm extremely disappointed with the new card. Is this really what we want in this game now? A dragon King 2.5X HP/ATT with a full heal of CD 15?

Dragon Queen/King teams already over power the game.

Cards types of HP beast, healer, 50% DR, poison, are now inferior and will rarely if ever need to be used, including extremely rare difficult to obtain cards once thought as the best in the game like Echidna, SS, Achilles, Zeus, Lillith, Pandora, QotD, Cyclops. Why even bother with gem recruits now?

Do we want a card earned from an easy difficulty GW to really change the game this much?

Not to mention that most will now be able to farm light wonderland hell without revives. They'll be able to skill level all the full heal cards to CD 10, at least those who put in the effort.

I guess I should back my comments up with an example

Using an 8* DK leader with 7* panzer, 5* Pinnochio (full heal cd 10), 7* Dragon, 2 X Dragon Queen, and another 7* Dragon King leader
This team will have over 65K HP, require 115 CP and will be able to heal on average over 12K HP a spin. This team will have flexibility as 3 open spots can be interchanged out with an assortment of options from either different dragons or different Dragon Queens including single target/ multi target, poison (after next GW)...

I'm genuinely curious, is this what everyone wants?
Benjamin

Postby dragoon808 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:10 pm

Are you saying you would have rather fought a super tough GW battle and received a crap card? I don't understand your complaint with a great card received. You don't have to use the card if you don't want to and continue using whatever other cards you have. No matter which way playmage goes there's always room to complain. For me personally I enjoy good strong cards over ones just to collect and never use as I have a bunch of those.
dragoon808

Postby ferg » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:33 pm

I couldn't be happier with this card. I for one don't like using revives to beat a level. Mainly because they never show up in my shop but it also make the victory cheap, imo.

So, if something comes along and reduces the amount of revives I gotta use, complaining is the last thing I'll be doing. I can finally think about running Wonderland Hell now because of the king.
ferg

Postby Guffy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:05 pm

Benjamin wrote:

Yup.

This is common in every game especially TCGs, cards get more powerful.. Enemies get more powerful.. The old cards become less and less viable options as new cards become introduced. More gem recruits will eventually be added. This is how games work.

A game can't survive on either continously repeating the old, or continuosly bringing out less powerful things to make the classics keep their power. (Power 9 in MtG excluded as they are format specific)

This is a staple way MMOs are done and a staple way TCGs are done, not sure why anything else would be expected.
Guffy

Postby Crtmn » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:45 pm

Guffy wrote:
Benjamin wrote:

Yup.

This is common in every game especially TCGs, cards get more powerful.. Enemies get more powerful.. The old cards become less and less viable options as new cards become introduced. More gem recruits will eventually be added. This is how games work.

A game can't survive on either continously repeating the old, or continuosly bringing out less powerful things to make the classics keep their power. (Power 9 in MtG excluded as they are format specific)

This is a staple way MMOs are done and a staple way TCGs are done, not sure why anything else would be expected.

well said.
Crtmn

Postby Boop » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:47 pm

Yes, we want useful cards. Because we're getting sick of boring cards. This is exactly what we want. "Interesting cards" that pretend to be useful are also something we're sick of.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby I8apuss » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:33 pm

Benjamin wrote:I couldn't disagree more. I'm extremely disappointed with the new card. Is this really what we want in this game now? A dragon King 2.5X HP/ATT with a full heal of CD 15?

Dragon Queen/King teams already over power the game.

Cards types of HP beast, healer, 50% DR, poison, are now inferior and will rarely if ever need to be used, including extremely rare difficult to obtain cards once thought as the best in the game like Echidna, SS, Achilles, Zeus, Lillith, Pandora, QotD, Cyclops. Why even bother with gem recruits now?

Do we want a card earned from an easy difficulty GW to really change the game this much?

Not to mention that most will now be able to farm light wonderland hell without revives. They'll be able to skill level all the full heal cards to CD 10, at least those who put in the effort.

I guess I should back my comments up with an example

Using an 8* DK leader with 7* panzer, 5* Pinnochio (full heal cd 10), 7* Dragon, 2 X Dragon Queen, and another 7* Dragon King leader
This team will have over 65K HP, require 115 CP and will be able to heal on average over 12K HP a spin. This team will have flexibility as 3 open spots can be interchanged out with an assortment of options from either different dragons or different Dragon Queens including single target/ multi target, poison (after next GW)...

I8apuss

Postby Benjamin » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:20 pm

Well I disagree, I don't remember buying decks of MTG cards only to find out the newest edition made all the old cards obsolete, actually in many TCGs the old cards remain some of the best and universal. Also in the case of DE one of the oldest cards the panzer is now more enhanced and more powerful than before far from less and less viable.

The issue I have with this card in particular is I feel it makes gem recruits obsolete, it makes the excitement of finding rare cards in the GS obsolete.

Truthfully I don't mind either way, that's why I asked the question.
Benjamin

Postby Benjamin » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:26 pm

Question is keep 2 7* or evolve

If you're an altruist upgrade to 8*, if not I'd keep the flexibility of having two Hayyels in your lineup. As the game progresses you could always evolve later.
Benjamin

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion