Solomons - Difficult vs Insane

Solomons - Difficult vs Insane

Postby Boop » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:07 am

So, in this Spirit of Moxy, whom I hope some of you remember, I've been looking to finish his research from some time ago.

Moxy was one of the first to personally welcome me into Obscurity, back in the day where they and Elite reigned supreme. Moxy was a young guy from New Zealand with a knack for optimisation. He always wanted to run Solomon's Insane regularly, however never bothered to 5/5 his Panzer's, as a result he could not.

Times have changed since then however, especially with the introduction of the Dragon King/Queen series, and naturally the balance of Solomon's Difficult vs Insane has tipped somewhat.

Scope:
To run time limited tests to see if either Solomon's Difficult or Insane were currently better to run with the new powers that be.

Conditions:
A rough 2 hour time limit on both.
A Dragon Team (up to user discretion). For reference I had at least 1 of each colour, and the full team was dragons, max CP both runs.
Minimum attention paid, ie: Autospin style.

Variables: (this is where it gets fuzzy)
How long does it take to start the new stage between finishing?
If you need to revive (which sometimes you do), how much time did you lose before you notice?
Every now and then we activate skills for fun, did I activate more or less during Difficult or Insane?
This was conducted over 2 weekends, thus Dragon King was not available. This will result in lower revive usage if paying attention.

With that out of the way, let's look at our findings.

Difficult:
Gross Gold Gained: 2,488,134

Overheads
Energy Pots Used: 7 (875,000 Gold)
Revive Pots Used: 0

Net Gold Gained: 1,613,134

Experience Gained: 33,384

Insane:
Gross Gold Gained: 3,074,618

Overheads
Energy Pots Used: 7 (875,000 Gold)
Revive Pots Used: 7 (875,000 Gold)

Net Gold Gained: 1,324,618

Experience Gained: 45,458

Thoughts:

7 revives does not sound like a lot, that's only 1 revive every 4.8 runs (I managed to do 34 runs out of 7 pots in 2 hours). The problem is that the cost of revives is equal to that of energy potions, and if you're throwing them around randomly, then you're also throwing around gold. That is the blunt way you have to look at it. The introduction of Hayyel may change the cost requirements I have shown above (depending on your attention span).

In terms of pure gold turn over, yes, Insane is definitely more beneficial, and cheaper to run now. The unquestionable benefit however is that you gain an increased amount of experience in the same amount of time. More than a 25% increase, which is a large amount over time.

Insane still has its place when farming, however it is dependent upon you paying more attention. Difficult still reigns supreme for when you need to tune out because the mrs wants you to do the washing.

Edit: I had the overheads at double cost, because pots are bought in x2 for 2,500 points, and failed to divide the costs because I'm an idiot. It doesn't change the outcome, however it does severely reduce the cost of Insane compared to my original portrayal.
Last edited by Boop on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Re: Solomons - Difficult vs Insane

Postby ferg » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:28 am

Ah, the good old is it worth it thread. It's outdated now but glad someone came along and continued the work.

Came up with the same results you did. If you wanna play them, insane. If you got stuff to do, difficult and auto rolling is the way to go.
ferg

Postby Guffy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:55 am

ferg wrote:Ah, the good old is it worth it thread. It's outdated now but glad someone came along and continued the work.

Came up with the same results you did. If you wanna play them, insane. If you got stuff to do, difficult and auto rolling is the way to go.

This is exactly how I do it
Guffy

Postby Hypernova » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:14 pm

Sorry to find fault with your analysis and calculations boop, but there's a mistake in your calculation.

7 Energy pots isn't 1,750,000. That's 14 energy pots. you took the Epots x2 price which is 250,000 per pair. so you actually earn much more than what you stated. 7 Epots + 7 Rpots is then 1,750,000.
Hypernova

Postby Boop » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:55 pm

Hypernova, ohh, OHHH.

*slaps head*

Let me fix that.

That actually puts them into fairly -even- gains now that I reduce the overheads, by like... half. :/

Even on (mostly) autospin, I think Insane is better now due to the increased xp for the 300k gold cost.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Return to Dragon Era Discussion