Next GW Boss will be black?

Re: Next GW Boss will be black?

Postby Allute Ninja » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:09 am

Ragnarok72 wrote:Would prefer a new series, rerolling GW with the first set was a valid option, nearly no-one had the earliest bosses becauss of a different, and much worse, reward system. Rerolling these while so many players have them already, would give every1 just free 8*, what reason would there still be for players to spend gems in top tier guilds to get top three?

Doing another round of these would not only hurt the 'extremely limited' imago from these cards, but it seems also to be a very bad move money-wise for PM...

If they don't rerotate the set we're most likely gonna have another panzer situation. The dragon royalty series is too good to be as limited as it is and a lot of people are gonna start complaining. Forum's gonna blow up.

Edit: Playmage needs to make a bonus map that comes every few months and will do that for the rest of the game so all generations have access to it. That's the only way they're gonna satisfy everyone, or the majority
Allute Ninja

Postby Boop » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:16 am

Anyone who has them now will be able to get them in second run. And only a small percentage of players who don't have them will shell the $ to get them on second round. Because people have an issue with spending money. It doesn't matter any way. They will not be more or less common than current.

Also, it probably isn't in PM's advantage to 'replay limited maps' too often. You'll get players who have (and are still) spending good money on the game just leave because it's same old boring last year. They need to keep moving forward, and not look back. If they stop creating new things, the top end player base dies off really fast.

We've already seen it happen with the last cycle of Guild War bosses.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby ZOOT » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:09 am

Wish i had money to spend for better cards!
ZOOT

Postby lolwut » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:15 pm

Boop wrote: And only a small percentage of players who don't have them will shell the $ to get them on second round.

I don't agree with this: there have to be at least a few players like myself out there who are only now coming up with strong teams able to score high-enough points that the 50k point mark would actually be reachable. On top of that, the player-base is now aware of how powerful they are, and I would like to think the majority of mid-grade players will jump on the opportunity to pick them up.

During the first boss, the red queen, I barely eeked out 10k doing nearly every 3 hours, same with the white queen (I think I hit 12k that run). I can't recall what I got during the blue queen, but for the green one I was able to eek out 25k, which is still a LOT of gems off from being able to hit that 50k mark (by my calculation, at least 50 refreshes at the average rate I was going), but since then I've gotten new cards (Naga being the most notable new one) and strengthened my GW-Boss-Fighting team. I feel like if I can start averaging 800 or so per run and make around 40k on my own, I'll find a way to gem up that last 10k and pick up the card, especially if it's one I know I want (such as white or red).

Surely there must be others in the same situation I'm in. Could it be that I'm in a minority of mid-grade players and the other 99% of players are either high-end hard core players or newbies who have no hope of getting the GW card?

Boop wrote: Also, it probably isn't in PM's advantage to 'replay limited maps' too often.

Twice is too often? Frankly the only argument I feel being made against the rotation is that the high-end players will get upset because their Boss Cards are more available which makes them feel less "special." If that's the case, then I'd suggest making these two changes, assuming a rotation is not instigated: Lower the refresh cost to 8 gems, and make it so for every 40k or 50k guild points over the cap, you get an extra boss card. This would allow more mid-grade and even some low-grade high-spending players access to the Boss Cards, and allow high-grade high-spenders to be rewarded for their efforts (in the form of the 8-star evolution and ability strengthening). Granted I know this suggestion is pretty out there in terms of PM's design plan, but it's just my suggestion.

All I'm saying for sure is that if I don't get a chance to get one of the Dragon Royalty cards, it will be exceptionally disappointing to me, especially considering how far I've come in the game so far. I've purchased gems in the past, during my early months of playing and back when I had steady income, and I probably will again once I get back on my feet. However, it'll be far less likely if I'm forced to miss out on an opportunity like this given my current situation.
lolwut

Postby Boop » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:47 pm

Dude, I said "only a small percentage," and then you quote me out of turn, disagree and say "must be a few". "A few" would be a small percentage. Please. We said the same thing. How can you basically rephrase a small percentage into a few, and disagree?

And point 2 you pulled me up on, I said twice was a nice pace like 6 posts up the page.

Why are you quoting me to just disagree with my posts, but not reading what you're 'disagreeing' with? Waste of my time.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby Guffy » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:57 pm

One of the biggest issues I feel is when playmage discontinues a card is they build content around the discontinued cards new power making new players have very low chances. This was seen with panzers and may be seen with drag kings. There is no trading system, new players will have no options and for content to be built around something unobtainable could lead to a meek new player future.
Guffy

Postby Ragnarok72 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:28 am

The issue with the newer players I have is that they seem to think the current high-end players put a lot less effort in the game than they'd have too. This is completely untrue, the mechanics of this game are a relatively easy early game, and than u need to try make the jump to the high end. For spenders this is usually doable within one or two GW rotations, for the non-spenders this period of mid-game can take quite a while. But when u decide not to suplort the game by buying some gems, than DONT complain so much about the long road. U've chosen that path yourself, and every veteran has gone through that period, the a-accounts actually had the hardest road, not the post panzer players...
Ragnarok72

Postby Allute Ninja » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:33 pm

Ragnarok72 wrote:The issue with the newer players I have is that they seem to think the current high-end players put a lot less effort in the game than they'd have too. This is completely untrue, the mechanics of this game are a relatively easy early game, and than u need to try make the jump to the high end. For spenders this is usually doable within one or two GW rotations, for the non-spenders this period of mid-game can take quite a while. But when u decide not to suplort the game by buying some gems, than DONT complain so much about the long road. U've chosen that path yourself, and every veteran has gone through that period, the a-accounts actually had the hardest road, not the post panzer players...

The problem here is that the post panzer players want the same oppertunities as you guys had early on. I don't think this is good because a dragon queen team can wreck through a panzer map, thus panzers will be everywhere again. This'll make the newer bonus maps harder, and then they guys after them will start complaining starting up a whole new wave of bs.
Allute Ninja

Postby lonewolf0098 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:46 am

Allute Ninja wrote:
The problem here is that the post panzer players want the same oppertunities as you guys had early on.

bro maybe im playin a different game or something . but in my opinion we have same oppertunities as the vets did. we even have it better i think.
when they started there wernt that many cards availabe( i think) wish in turn would make maps way harder .

when they started they didnt have sailor miles .miles got added afterwards they didnt get credited for past purchases. when we started miles were right there we even got 100 miles free just for completing tutorial

we have bonus maps like they did. we have guild war like they did . what else can we ask for .

now a question for high lvl players at what lvl is it possible to field all 7*8* i mean the 25/30 cp 1s
lonewolf0098

Postby Benjamin » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:06 am

now a question for high lvl players at what lvl is it possible to field all 7*8* i mean the 25/30 cp 1s

I could be wrong but I believe 180,

At lvl 160 you'll have 115 CP, at lvl 170 you'll have 120 CP, and at lvl 180 you'll have 125 CP, which will allow you the ability to field five 7* cards (25 CP each)
Benjamin

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion