Newcomers Guide by Allute

Newcomers Guide by Allute

Postby Allute Ninja » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:47 pm

Hey all, felt like sharing some things I found useful at the beginning of the game since every other thread I see nowadays is arguing new players don't get enough things to be successful in the game. Made a list of things all new players should know/learn so they can keep up with the mid and higher level guys.

1: Your Beginning 6* Card can define where you will get in this game

First thing up is the tutorial card. This card is your first big important card you'll get in the game. The best cards to get in my opinion are the healers (Saintess of the Ocean, Holy Priestess, Floral Saintess), the oracle cards (Warrior Princess, Amazon Raider, Valkyrie the Goddess, High Priestess, Cyborg Berserker), the oath cards (Agni the God of Fire, Poseidon the God of the Sea, Demeter the Goddess, Archangel, and Queen Persephone), Hell Marionette, and Flesh Lotus. Most of those cards can spawn in a later mechanic called a guild shop,but I'll get to that later. If you don't get one you want you can delete your account for another try.

2: Find a friend, or better yet, a friend code

After the tutorial, you are given the option to put in a friend code. Do this. It gets you more energy potions and other freebies that can make your first week or so easier. You also get your own friend code which can be given to others. Do this as well. The 6* card you get from this is a very good card for the early levels (it's basically a 5* light dragon but costs more cp and you can get it way earlier.) The succubus that you get is also a very good card (see viewtopic.php?f=36&t=13754)

3: Games are better in groups

Guilds are a mechanic you get access to after a couple of stages. Joining one is very good as the buildings inside buff your stats and give you access to some of the best cards in the game. Early on you should be buying every single dragon you find in your shop, as those are the best cheap cards available and evolve into monsters later on. As you level higher and build up cp you can go for the better cards. A list of good guild shop cards can be found here (viewtopic.php?f=36&t=13028)

4: A player is only as good as their friends

All levels are done with 6 cards. 5 of those are yours and one is a friends. As your second passive comes from your friends card, having a couple friends with some good cards is always very good. Some strategies can be modeled with cards you don't' have thanks to the friend system

5: The reels hate you, fight back with lines

Anytime you're doing a level, you generally want to end with max chests. To do this by stalling the game, switch your lines to the lowest possible. Less attacks means more chances to pull a chest.

6: Want to test your team? Hit some Raid Bosses

Raid bosses early on are godsends. They're easy to kill and give good cards for beginners. Later on they can drop a copy of themselves that is nice. Generally you want to hit one every hour if you can.

7: Feeling like PvP? Hit the arena.

The arena is a fun side track for lower level players. Hitting top 100 in tier 1 nets you a lot of pal points for new cards, number one gets you a 5*, and the numbers in between get you gems and pal points. A very good system. If you're willing to spend a bit of cash on gem recruits the sailor miles system has a card that at higher *s can wreck the arena (5* Mermaid to a 6* Siren/7* Siren the Temptress)

8: Gold chests are a pain, but worth it.

100%ing all stages in a level gets you ten gems. These add up quickly and can potentially get you e pots, a card limit upgrade, or a shiny new 6*. All gem recruit cards generally are good early on, with the 5 and 6* cards being good mid to late in the game. The worst thing to do with your gems early on would be to buy revives. It's better to lose a stage and redo it later then to spend 10 free gems on a revive.

9: Tapjoy is the best 3rd party app system ever created.

First of all I am not some tapjoy spokesperson, but free gems are free gems. See 8 for the things you can do with them. You can access tapjoy through the diamond buy page on dragon era, or through the external application. Other sources of free gems like twitter and Facebook linking are also good (although watch out for Facebook linking, things popping up after every completed level and 4* get annoying after a while)

10: Getting lazy? Auto spin time.

Self explanatory. Hold down the spin button to auto spin. Very helpful in the game.

11: Strengthening can get costly

Strengthening cards up to max level can get very costly (*cough* fairy queen *cough*) so watch what your gold balance before strengthening to know whether to hold off/sell cards instead.

12: Don't miss out on bonus maps

The bonus maps are really good for when you need materials for evolving. Solomon's mines is what I believe to be the best part of the game. It's a weekend map that nets you crazy amounts of gold when you win it. This can be good when combined with energy potions for big amounts and this can fuel cards through the guild shop. There are also event bonus maps that spawn usually one after another. These can get you very playable cards (hello Pinnochios) and are generally good ways to get rid of some energy.

13: Participate in guild wars

Guild wars are a good part of the game. The damage you do nets you guild points in shop, and specific amounts of gp can get you playable cards. Finding a team that works for you is good.

14: Save your miles, good things will come

The Sailor Miles system is cool. Every time you gem recruit you get 100 sailor miles per card you recruit. Some very good cards come out of Sailor Miles (Siren mentioned above, Flesh Lotus for a 7* if you started with it or just for poison if you didn't, Harpy because hp cards are very good, Panzers are self explanatory, Cyclops because it has one of the best passives in the game, and Hera because the leader skill is very good for gods/mono fire). Saving up these is a very good idea as most of the cards you get with the lower amounts aren't very good (bar the ones i mentioned). This can make your gaming experience easier.

Last notes: Please post/message me about anything I've missed so I can edit it in.

Allute out.
Last edited by Allute Ninja on Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Allute Ninja

Re: Newcomers Guide by Allute

Postby Lee » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:30 am

Hi Allute.

Great post and a good read for beginners, but I think you missed the most valuable 6* starter cards
Though your notes do list the obvious ones You've missed Oath cards (2xAtt&HP)
IMO these are the best started cards. Minor loss of HP compared to oracle cards, but 2x attack
You should be able to find plenty of people on your friends list with a healer
Healers & oracle cards you can get from guild shop. Oath cards you cant!
Lee

Postby Boop » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:30 am

Lee wrote:you missed the only useful starter cards because everyone who reads the forum for some unknown reason is an idiot that keeps restarting till they get a healer, as a result everyone just has healers and nothing else useful when you're under lvl100, because stupid people are stupid.

Fixed it for you.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby Lee » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:30 am

Hi boop. You need to come back to GA and chill out. You were much more laid back in those days :D
Lee

Postby Allute Ninja » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:06 pm

Fixed for oath cards, keep suggesting things. Hopefully it'll get as good as lickzy's guide when it finishes.
Allute Ninja

Postby Allute Ninja » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:32 pm

Anybody have a page with the most recent cards arena stats? Would like to post those in under arena
Allute Ninja

Postby Lee » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:34 pm

Rule no 1 don't talk about fight club !!!
Lee

Postby Allute Ninja » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:42 pm

Lee wrote:Rule no 1 don't talk about fight club !!!

I have a page with arena cards calcs on them, but it's missing hayyel, some wonderland bosses, and other assorted things. Please pm me if you have one. Also this thread is my first in a series of many helping out the newcomers with anything they might need. Treat your player base well and more will flock.
Allute Ninja

Postby ferg » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:48 pm

Arena is you vs the world. This is something each person needs to find out for themselves, not have it laid out for them.

Figuring out which card is stronger is part of the fun for new people (at least it was for me). Plus, sometimes having knowledge about arena gives you an edge over other people. Spilling the beans will dull the edge.

So, like it was stated, don't talk about fight club!
ferg

Postby Bigbadjohn » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:41 pm

The starting card is most important if you are not going to be a big spender for the people I've helped start and heave been successful the best two cards by a long shot are Agni and Posiedon - these two give the player earliest easy access to serious HW farming which opens up access to any 6* cards in the guild shop at the earliest opportunity. You can be getting your 60k/run at mid-30's quite comfortably as you have the card to deal with stage 2.

As stated beforehand - the healer cards will fall into your lap from the shop as will Flesh Lotus so they are IMHO not worth even thinking about - was surprised Floral Saintess even got a mention.

Archangel and Demeter are replaced by better 7* cards from guild shop so they are a no-no too really. This does depend on how deep you think your pockets are going to be too.

The biggest issue with a guide is that you have to make sure that the game doesn't invalidate it by change - hoe I led people through late Panzer era had to change for Horseman and heaven alone knows what to do post-Horsemen unless you have deep pockets and once the Dragon Leaders are retired after the current GW cycle who knows?
Bigbadjohn

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion