Newcomers Guide by Allute

Re: Newcomers Guide by Allute

Postby Allute Ninja » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:41 pm

ferg wrote:Arena is you vs the world. This is something each person needs to find out for themselves, not have it laid out for them.

Figuring out which card is stronger is part of the fun for new people (at least it was for me). Plus, sometimes having knowledge about arena gives you an edge over other people. Spilling the beans will dull the edge.

So, like it was stated, don't talk about fight club!

I actually don't like thinking like this. For the guys trying to hit top in tiers, especially the guys heading guilds so they can't be in top 20 just yet, and the guys in tier 1, info like this is very helpful. Sure you could say that finding out the info is fun, but having this info going into arena can let you hit top spots, which early on as I said in the post gets you access to some good cards.
Allute Ninja

Postby Allute Ninja » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:48 pm

Bigbadjohn wrote:The starting card is most important if you are not going to be a big spender for the people I've helped start and heave been successful the best two cards by a long shot are Agni and Posiedon - these two give the player earliest easy access to serious HW farming which opens up access to any 6* cards in the guild shop at the earliest opportunity. You can be getting your 60k/run at mid-30's quite comfortably as you have the card to deal with stage 2.

As stated beforehand - the healer cards will fall into your lap from the shop as will Flesh Lotus so they are IMHO not worth even thinking about - was surprised Floral Saintess even got a mention.

Archangel and Demeter are replaced by better 7* cards from guild shop so they are a no-no too really. This does depend on how deep you think your pockets are going to be too.

The biggest issue with a guide is that you have to make sure that the game doesn't invalidate it by change - hoe I led people through late Panzer era had to change for Horseman and heaven alone knows what to do post-Horsemen unless you have deep pockets and once the Dragon Leaders are retired after the current GW cycle who knows?

Flesh lotus is a good card, especially right now since sailor miles makes is so easy to hit 7*. The oath cards are good because they're gem recruit exclusive and have passives most new players won't see again for a while. I can personally do mines difficult at around 35 with teams by starting with healer, and those who don't start healer don't have one till about level 60. Floral Saintess was mentioned here as an alternative to the others if you don't feel like resetting, and don't underestimate the card, mono green might come back and bite you. The tips that I've posted are general, and don't really change with the times. If they were talking about specific bonus maps (there is a mention to pinnochios, but that's it) then I could see how this would be a problem
Allute Ninja

Postby Ragnarok72 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:51 am

Seeing this just reminds me of how much harder the early game was back in the day :)

PS. Guide looks fancy, but you've put a lot of very obvious stuff in there. After rolling the tutorial an average brain will have everything figured out on his first few hours of playing, let alone points 1 and 2...

P.P.S Don't talk about fight club, keep the spreadsheet for yourself ;) (gives u an edge as well)
Ragnarok72

Postby Allute Ninja » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:05 am

Ragnarok72 wrote:Seeing this just reminds me of how much harder the early game was back in the day :)

PS. Guide looks fancy, but you've put a lot of very obvious stuff in there. After rolling the tutorial an average brain will have everything figured out on his first few hours of playing, let alone points 1 and 2...

P.P.S Don't talk about fight club, keep the spreadsheet for yourself ;) (gives u an edge as well)

I can agree that a lot of the stuff in this guide is obvious, but point 1 is very important. New guys coming into the game should know their options when it comes to that, and a lot of people just get whatever, then end up not being able to do later stages.

Edit: I was actually one of those players. Got ghost ship, the suckiest suck that ever sucked. Everyone who hit the last gw should know that lol.
Allute Ninja

Postby ferg » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:35 am

Allute Ninja wrote:
ferg wrote:Arena is you vs the world. This is something each person needs to find out for themselves, not have it laid out for them.

Figuring out which card is stronger is part of the fun for new people (at least it was for me). Plus, sometimes having knowledge about arena gives you an edge over other people. Spilling the beans will dull the edge.

So, like it was stated, don't talk about fight club!

I actually don't like thinking like this. For the guys trying to hit top in tiers, especially the guys heading guilds so they can't be in top 20 just yet, and the guys in tier 1, info like this is very helpful. Sure you could say that finding out the info is fun, but having this info going into arena can let you hit top spots, which early on as I said in the post gets you access to some good cards.

I don't like giving all the answer's away, personally. It takes away the fun of finding it out for yourself.

I come from a gaming generation that didn't have info at your fingertips like today. You had to work at it, trial and error, was the name of the game. I still remember being a kid, drawing out maps for the original Legend of Zelda. I don't know how many times I died on the turbo tunnel in battletoads, but its more than any man should have to (that hard ass game still to this day!).

There has been plenty of people that could have talked about arena, it's more of a respect thing just to be quiet about it. I learned the trick to arena by trial and error and knew it by tier 2, still never placed #1 because of the few others that understand arena. If everyone knows how arena works, then it just turns into who has got the most tickets and that top spot just got way tougher to get.
ferg

Postby Bigbadjohn » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:21 am

Allute Ninja wrote:
Bigbadjohn wrote:The starting card is most important if you are not going to be a big spender for the people I've helped start and heave been successful the best two cards by a long shot are Agni and Posiedon - these two give the player earliest easy access to serious HW farming which opens up access to any 6* cards in the guild shop at the earliest opportunity. You can be getting your 60k/run at mid-30's quite comfortably as you have the card to deal with stage 2.

As stated beforehand - the healer cards will fall into your lap from the shop as will Flesh Lotus so they are IMHO not worth even thinking about - was surprised Floral Saintess even got a mention.

Archangel and Demeter are replaced by better 7* cards from guild shop so they are a no-no too really. This does depend on how deep you think your pockets are going to be too.

The biggest issue with a guide is that you have to make sure that the game doesn't invalidate it by change - hoe I led people through late Panzer era had to change for Horseman and heaven alone knows what to do post-Horsemen unless you have deep pockets and once the Dragon Leaders are retired after the current GW cycle who knows?

Flesh lotus is a good card, especially right now since sailor miles makes is so easy to hit 7*. The oath cards are good because they're gem recruit exclusive and have passives most new players won't see again for a while. I can personally do mines difficult at around 35 with teams by starting with healer, and those who don't start healer don't have one till about level 60. Floral Saintess was mentioned here as an alternative to the others if you don't feel like resetting, and don't underestimate the card, mono green might come back and bite you. The tips that I've posted are general, and don't really change with the times. If they were talking about specific bonus maps (there is a mention to pinnochios, but that's it) then I could see how this would be a problem

Most of my accounts have Flesh Lotus 7* from shop so I disregard this as a start card altogether. The first and most important question when you start is the amount of money you are going to be willing to invest. After deeper thought the ONLY viable card to start with if your spend is low currently is Agni as it maximises the possibility with zero spend of getting Hayyel next time round.

I don't mind telling people to make sure they get a top start card as I've seen so many people get pissed with the game when they realise that their start card is a pile of fetid dingo kidneys and give up the game.
Bigbadjohn

Postby Allute Ninja » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:17 am

Bigbadjohn wrote:
Allute Ninja wrote:

Most of my accounts have Flesh Lotus 7* from shop so I disregard this as a start card altogether. The first and most important question when you start is the amount of money you are going to be willing to invest. After deeper thought the ONLY viable card to start with if your spend is low currently is Agni as it maximises the possibility with zero spend of getting Hayyel next time round.

I don't mind telling people to make sure they get a top start card as I've seen so many people get pissed with the game when they realise that their start card is a pile of fetid dingo kidneys and give up the game.

Best starter for getting hayyel IMO is hell marionette. Hell marionette starts have been around for as long as the game existed. Most mid level high go strats use hell.
Allute Ninja

Postby Benjamin » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:12 pm

I think the best starter card is Poseidon, it combos nicely with both blue dragon and a strong healer Saintess of the Ocean.
Hell Marionette is a great card, however new players should begin farming Solomon Mines as soon as possible. Having an oath card will allow running through the mines with much more easy than cards like Hell Marionette or a healer, plus you'll always be able to find healer cards in the guild shop and it shouldn't be too difficult to friend someone using Hell Marionette.

Another important note sometimes missed is using two oath leaders will effectively give you 4x the HP and 4x the attack which can be very powerful.

Farming Solomon Mines is an absolute must for players of all levels, the earlier you get started doing this the quicker you'll be able to advance in the game, with revive potions and energy potions showing up in the guild shop the sky is the limit with what you'll be able to accomplish if you are willing to put in the time.
Benjamin

Postby Bigbadjohn » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:13 pm

Benjamin wrote:I think the best starter card is Poseidon, it combos nicely with both blue dragon and a strong healer Saintess of the Ocean.
Hell Marionette is a great card, however new players should begin farming Solomon Mines as soon as possible. Having an oath card will allow running through the mines with much more easy than cards like Hell Marionette or a healer, plus you'll always be able to find healer cards in the guild shop and it shouldn't be too difficult to friend someone using Hell Marionette.

Another important note sometimes missed is using two oath leaders will effectively give you 4x the HP and 4x the attack which can be very powerful.

Farming Solomon Mines is an absolute must for players of all levels, the earlier you get started doing this the quicker you'll be able to advance in the game, with revive potions and energy potions showing up in the guild shop the sky is the limit with what you'll be able to accomplish if you are willing to put in the time.

Benjamin, I do rate Poseidon and did drop Hell Marionette as you will get that quickly anyway from shop/guild war. I put forward Agni purely on the huge edge it will give a player when Hayyel next comes round as you will be running mono-red dual Oath, or Oath/Grim/Revive and have a fighting chance of Hayyel - Wonderland so far has best potential damage output in Red too (black may change this :o ) so I was looking at the whole issue of synergy in the current cycle.
Of the two accounts I know that started in the Horseman era, the Agni player has been a lot more successful - better card synergy Echidna > Sea Serpent is a key part.
Bigbadjohn

Postby Allute Ninja » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:25 pm

Bigbadjohn wrote:
Benjamin wrote:I think the best starter card is Poseidon, it combos nicely with both blue dragon and a strong healer Saintess of the Ocean.

Benjamin, I do rate Poseidon and did drop Hell Marionette as you will get that quickly anyway from shop/guild war. I put forward Agni purely on the huge edge it will give a player when Hayyel next comes round as you will be running mono-red dual Oath, or Oath/Grim/Revive and have a fighting chance of Hayyel - Wonderland so far has best potential damage output in Red too (black may change this :o ) so I was looking at the whole issue of synergy in the current cycle.
Of the two accounts I know that started in the Horseman era, the Agni player has been a lot more successful - better card synergy Echidna > Sea Serpent is a key part.

Agni is a good card, and double oath is very viable. If they are rerotating wonderland and gw bosses, then i recommend agni as you can get a hell from nerida guild war. The only thing with mono fire is that it has no healer bar pheonix, which is a 20 cd unskilled.
Allute Ninja

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion