Mechanics that are broken

Mechanics that are broken

Postby Ragnarok72 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:57 am

At the moment we can't see 'skills' coming from our enemies. What fun/strategy is there in ending up dead because u can't see things coming? Obviously ending up dead isn't a problem, the problem is that u can't do anything against it. You need to implement the skills to show the turn before they actually come into action, so players can adequatly respond.

In addition a 'double hit' is at this point not just a double hit. It's a double nuke of almoat twice the base damage of the monsters. When u call something a 'double hit' make it a double hit, and don't suddenly increase the damage as well.

There will probably more things you need to fix but these were the first to be notioned
Ragnarok72

Re: Mechanics that are broken

Postby pmsupport » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:06 am

Hi Ragnarok72, thanks for your feedback. I will forward it to the Design Team.

The monsters' skills are designed that way so that the battle can be unpredictable, challenging and more fun. As many monsters' skills appear randomly, it would be hard to notify the players before. Do you have any suggestions on how to improve that? How and when would you like the game to notify you? Double hit is designed like that as well. As the advanced map is more advanced than the normal maps and bonus maps and designed as challenges for even the top players, it is much harder.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby HernHunter » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:51 am

pmsupport wrote:(...) The monsters' skills are designed that way so that the battle can be unpredictable, challenging and more fun. As many monsters' skills appear randomly, it would be hard to notify the players before (...)

I can uncderstand "random element", but that way we do not know if & when do our action, heal our team for instance.
Suggestion 1: make some element of mob glitter if he uses skill with next attack (eyes for example).
Suggestion 2: thera might be also that for different skill different element shine: eyes=doze, weapon = double hit .....
Those are my fast thoughts. This way there still mob will act with random, but players would know what to expect.
About "Quadruple hit" named "double hit" i wrote before, glad that not only saw it.
Damn Guild Name (DGN)
HernHunter

Postby HernHunter » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:03 am

One more example for inequality & "broken mechanics".
We need to wait from few to several spins to trigger our skills & mobs got it ready even few times in row. Let them hurt that same problem we got = spines to activate, do not make them be ready with skill for each hit. If mob (as a card in our deck) activate skill after 10 spins set him 10 spins, if it trigers after 15 let it be 15 & so on ....
Damn Guild Name (DGN)
HernHunter

Postby Saynt » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:16 am

It isnt hitting x4, it just isnt taking the 50% reduction into consideration. Is it designed this way or is that the glitch?
Saynt

Postby Saynt » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:21 am

Sorry correction it isnt hitting quite quadruple, (insane boss-2578 no double hit 50% reduction/3267x2, on a double hit =6534) Still seems like somethings off,

double hit should be 2578x2,
Saynt

Postby Ragnarok72 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:39 am

pmsupport wrote:Hi Ragnarok72, thanks for your feedback. I will forward it to the Design Team.

The monsters' skills are designed that way so that the battle can be unpredictable, challenging and more fun. As many monsters' skills appear randomly, it would be hard to notify the players before. Do you have any suggestions on how to improve that? How and when would you like the game to notify you? Double hit is designed like that as well. As the advanced map is more advanced than the normal maps and bonus maps and designed as challenges for even the top players, it is much harder.

The randomness is isn't something that I think is broken, obviously it makes the stages much harder but that is a nice challenge. The fact that u can't see skills coming is the problem: for example I had enough HP to survive for three normal hits, and a full heal skill ready. Obviously I wait with my heal, but than áfter I pressed the spin button 'double hit' appears and I'm dead. I could easily have fully healed and not died, but there was no way to see that coming, especially because it was her first double hit.

If you would implement the double hit to appear when the CD is at zero but before u actually spin u can take that into account and respond with your own skills adequatly. This way the strategy and tactics in the runs is enhanced, while now only the chance at unforseen and frustrating deads is enhanced. I really like the idea of the skills on the monsters and if you would finetune it this way it really adds to the fun and challenge people will have in these levels.

Considering the 'double hit': if something is called 'double hit' I think its pretty logical to expect a plain 'double' hit. If PM wants to implement the double nuke it is at this point u should either call it something different or chance the damage to match an actual 'double hit'. Although the CD of the monsters don't have to be as ridiciously high as our cooldowns, at least putting a 3CD on the same skill makes sense. Especially because we can't see the attacks coming yet, two 'double hits' from a boss is enough to kill any team.
Ragnarok72

Postby ferg » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:36 am

There is nothing fun or challenging with a boss that double hits almost every time! She double hit me 5 times in a row. That's over 18k every hit. Dead in 4 hits.

Thanks for bring back the revive festival!

Edit- After seeing the card at 7 and 8, there is no way I'm going to waste my revives for such a horrible card. Skill sucks, leader skill sucks, and the stats are the worst part about it. Is this a joke?

If I got to look at this for 20 weeks, I might as well retire. The limited time maps were the main reason I stuck around, I see no reason to stay. I tolerated the Wonderland hoping something better would come along, I see I was just dreaming. Only way to get good cards now is to spend, limited maps have become a joke.
ferg

Postby mistervista » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:30 pm

ferg wrote:There is nothing fun or challenging with a boss that double hits almost every time! She double hit me 5 times in a row. That's over 18k every hit. Dead in 4 hits.

Thanks for bring back the revive festival!

Edit- After seeing the card at 7 and 8, there is no way I'm going to waste my revives for such a horrible card. Skill sucks, leader skill sucks, and the stats are the worst part about it. Is this a joke?

If I got to look at this for 20 weeks, I might as well retire. The limited time maps were the main reason I stuck around, I see no reason to stay. I tolerated the Wonderland hoping something better would come along, I see I was just dreaming. Only way to get good cards now is to spend, limited maps have become a joke.

+1
mistervista

Postby pmsupport » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:21 pm

Hi all, thank you very much for sharing your thoughts and your good suggestions. I will make sure the Design Team get your feedback. It's been confirmed that we will adjust the stats of the new Forest Spirit Summoner soon.

Update:
Hi all, we have adjusted the stats of Forest Spirit Summoner (base HP and max HP are almost double, base Attack and max Attack are a little more than twice the original, base Recovery and max Recovery are almost thrice the original). We have also improved the leader skill of her from "Reduces damage caused by earth based and fire based enemies by 25%." to "Reduces damage caused by earth based and fire based enemies by 30%."
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion