_ Clown Card _

_ Clown Card _

Postby jurgewil » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:36 am

open question to players

was this disappointment the final example of playmage developers shortcomings ?

you had a great chance to turn us players around even more and still keeping a wide
playerbase for 2015 when introducing the 2 raidboss cards . . .
it seemed like you pulled things together.

but then you do this..

skill ( for the 8* version ) . rip off from hermes / aphrodite / pandora
cd 35 / cp 35 / 35 % damage off

leader skill . well please how can it be useful in any way ?
feel free to enlighten my weedclouded brain

im pretty sure that we players could create at least 20 better examples of useful skills
heavy damage to all in combo with full heal , or in combo with 50 % full heal , starting
at cd 15 ( skillable ), seal possibility where the number of turns the seal is active is skillable
is just two that came to my mind now....
jurgewil

Re: _ Clown Card _

Postby Browncoat » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:40 am

heavy damage with a full heal every 15 turns?

that's seriously unreasonable.

35% damage to all enemies is sweet. the 35 CD is a bit rough though.
Browncoat

Postby HugPug » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:06 am

Browncoat wrote:heavy damage with a full heal every 15 turns?

For a card that you have to buy the $100 gem pack to get, it is not unreasonable. If you have to drop that much money, you should get some bang for your buck, or atleast a card that can make a bang more than every 35 rounds.

Browncoat wrote:35% damage to all enemies is sweet. the 35 CD is a bit rough though.

Your completely correct, 35% is sweet. The fact that this card has a shitty cooldown, shitty leaderskill, and a shitty price, is not sweet. Combine all those shitty aspects with the fact that Playmage just reused skills (also, gave a much, much, much more useless leader skill) and gave no increase to the skill or timer to differentiate the clown from older cards and it just makes a shitty combo.

Perhaps this card is a April Fools joke and that's why they released a card that is laughably expensive with no aspects to justify the absurd price. That's really the best conclusion I can come up with as to how they even thought releasing a card this shitty for that price was a good idea.
HugPug

Postby Browncoat » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:40 am

HugPug wrote:
Browncoat wrote:heavy damage with a full heal every 15 turns?

For a card that you have to buy the $100 gem pack to get, it is not unreasonable. If you have to drop that much money, you should get some bang for your buck, or atleast a card that can make a bang more than every 35 rounds.

Browncoat wrote:35% damage to all enemies is sweet. the 35 CD is a bit rough though.

Your completely correct, 35% is sweet. The fact that this card has a shitty cooldown, shitty leaderskill, and a shitty price, is not sweet. Combine all those shitty aspects with the fact that Playmage just reused skills (also, gave a much, much, much more useless leader skill) and gave no increase to the skill or timer to differentiate the clown from older cards and it just makes a shitty combo.

Perhaps this card is a April Fools joke and that's why they released a card that is laughably expensive with no aspects to justify the absurd price. That's really the best conclusion I can come up with as to how they even thought releasing a card this shitty for that price was a good idea.

Ok, if the decision is that it's not worth the gems, then ok, don't buy it. I could see that. But the game has to be playable. If the cards are just ridiculous, then the game would be way too easy for folks. OR they'd have to make it harder, and the folks that can't shell out 1000 gems would be screwed.

Personally, I think the last two cards are where they want to be. Serious, hard core players might pick it up, but most will not. I won't. I did pick up Kirin, which IMO is overpowered.
Browncoat

Postby dinafyre » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:41 am

the disappointment of the valentines card after the astonishingly good kirin made me think we'd get something in the middle this time
it seems closer to the valentines card..skipping this one just like the last well ill consider it another 100 bucks saved
id b better off spending those gems trying for a chimera who has lower % damage but at least heals
dinafyre

Postby ferg » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:32 am

This card makes me hate clowns even more, lol!!!

Unless the new line of GW bosses are something amazing, I'm done. Good April Fool's joke though.

Give that baby a 20 cd, and we'll be talking.
ferg

Postby admin » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:06 pm

I will pass the feedback to the design team. However, I would like to take a minute to express my personal opinion on this one.

The current CD for the the 8-star card is in-line with all other 35% HP damage cards, which require even bigger investment to obtain through mileage redemption. The passive skill is suited for the same Horseman + mono team strategy that can generates 10X+ multiples. Sure, it's not as good as damage multiplier at full HP, but ou aren't dependent on auto-healer in your team to keep yourself at full HP. The card is also have highest attack amount others with 35% HP reduction and is dual elemental, making it suitable for more teams.

With the current sale with 1800 Gems for $100, the card comes to about $56, and that isn't a bad deal when it's fairly comparable to previous top mileage redeems (at least with it's active skill). Sure it may not be useful for those who already have pandora/aphrodite/hermes, but it can be a good option for:
-- Players those who don't have 30%/35% HP reduction cards yet.
-- Players want another high HP reduction card, especially for GW bosses.
-- Players want HP reduction card with one of the dual elements of this card.
-- Players who want "human" type of card with the HP reduction skill to fit in their teams.

If you don't like the card, you are entitled to express it in a constructive way, but there is no reason to create a flame bait thread that targets the developer of the game. Our designers isn't really out of creativity. Adding new skill types will require patching the game client and forcing all players to update, and it's something we want to avoid outside of planned game expansions (which I believe the dev team will start to plan soon for the next one). They may have been able to create more useful skill combos for all players with existing skill types, which I do hope they do better job for the upcoming new set of raid bosses that will likely be using advanced map skills.
admin
Site Admin

Postby HugPug » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:27 pm

admin wrote:
If you don't like the card, you are entitled to express it in a constructive way, but there is no reason to create a flame bait thread that targets the developer of the game.

There have not been anyone flaming in here. This is the forum for the entire dragon era game. If players are happy or upset with something about the game, this is the place that we should be able to express our feelings. Whether or not said opinion is constructive depends on the reader's personal interpretation of what is being said.

With that in mind, I still feel this card is pretty shitty deal and I am disappointed with it.

If I bought the clown, I would probably be angry with myself for wasting my gems and money for a card that I personally feel is not worth it and I would be angry with PlayMage for advertising this card as "Great Stats" without showing me the card, its skills, or even its potential upgrades without me first spending my money on it.
HugPug

Postby jurgewil » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:07 pm

so the threads i might wanna start or comment in the future must avoid content that
targets the developers ?

that remind me of some info i got when i visited Pyongyang/North Korea a few years ago.
"do not say and report anything that could upset the developers of this great nation"

note ; no other resemblances is on my mind - a lot of things are great and fun with this game -
jurgewil

Postby admin » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:06 pm

admin wrote:I will pass the feedback to the design team. However, I would like to take a minute to express my personal opinion on this one.

The current CD for the the 8-star card is in-line with all other 35% HP damage cards, which require even bigger investment to obtain through mileage redemption. The passive skill is suited for the same Horseman + mono team strategy that can generates 10X+ multiples. Sure, it's not as good as damage multiplier at full HP, but ou aren't dependent on auto-healer in your team to keep yourself at full HP. The card is also have highest attack amount others with 35% HP reduction and is dual elemental, making it suitable for more teams.

With the current sale with 1800 Gems for $100, the card comes to about $56, and that isn't a bad deal when it's fairly comparable to previous top mileage redeems (at least with it's active skill). Sure it may not be useful for those who already have pandora/aphrodite/hermes, but it can be a good option for:
-- Players those who don't have 30%/35% HP reduction cards yet.
-- Players want another high HP reduction card, especially for GW bosses.
-- Players want HP reduction card with one of the dual elements of this card.
-- Players who want "human" type of card with the HP reduction skill to fit in their teams.

If you don't like the card, you are entitled to express it in a constructive way, but there is no reason to create a flame bait thread that targets the developer of the game. Our designers isn't really out of creativity. Adding new skill types will require patching the game client and forcing all players to update, and it's something we want to avoid outside of planned game expansions (which I believe the dev team will start to plan soon for the next one). They may have been able to create more useful skill combos for all players with existing skill types, which I do hope they do better job for the upcoming new set of raid bosses that will likely be using advanced map skills.

jurgewil wrote:so the threads i might wanna start or comment in the future must avoid content that
targets the developers ?

that remind me of some info i got when i visited Pyongyang/North Korea a few years ago.
"do not say and report anything that could upset the developers of this great nation"

note ; no other resemblances is on my mind - a lot of things are great and fun with this game -

I fail to see how constructive your intention was when you start a thread asking players whether"was this disappointment the final example of playmage developer shortcomings". This is a moderated forum and community for players to discuss the game, and it's my primary duty is to moderate the forum keep things constructive without having threads turning into players bashing each other or the developer. If you feel like posting flame baits without being moderated, you can find more open forums without moderation to express your feelings there. I am locking this thread as it has being addressed and your feedback has been passed to the design team per my response above. Anyone who has further inputs to the matter can send me a private message and I can pass it along as well.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Dragon Era Discussion