Random seal or Random seals???? (solar beast habitat)

Re: Random seal or Random seals???? (solar beast habitat)

Postby admin » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:09 pm

I have already said more than we usually disclose in term of level strategy. You just need enough gather enough fire power right before the Full Seal triggers, and defeat the boss to bypass the skill to avoid the full seal + brutal attack combo.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Korwyn » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:43 pm

Using 2 hayyels as leaders with a flame maiden, rhoswhen, a 7* dark dragon and nerida I am able to escape the full seal most of the time. However, anyone using mostly HP beasts who does not have access to a dragon team will have to use at least 1 revive most of the time if not all of the time... I think this discourages newer players and people who have not used gems to get the dragon kings & queens.
Korwyn

Postby ferg » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:52 pm

Commenting on the other thread that got locked.

So, they are testing insane with a 120 cp team? Insane! I can understand hell but insane with a 120 cp? If I'm correct, that is level 170ish. I've been playing for almost a year and haven't hit that level. I'll admit, I've slacked off playing (because of reasons like this) but that just isn't right, imo.

By the time you have the strength to field the cards required to successfully play this level, why would you? I'd just play hell. Insane isn't for top players yet it is being tested with top player cards. It doesn't make sense. While I'm ranting, the seals and brutal hits honestly shouldn't be in insane and lower stages. Save that stuff for the hell level.
ferg

Postby _0nyx_ » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:08 am

Im not sure what the conditions are for the full seal on insane are, but i definitely caught me off guard on my first run, and i was swiftly finished off with brutal attacks from there.
However on my last two runs I have killed the boss without her activating her full seal.
My team is 7*Rhoswen skill2/6, 7* Dark Panzer, 4*light pinnochio, 5*flame maiden, and 6* water dragon, with a friends 7*hayell. Total team CP is 87 stage takes me 0-2revives.

I was able to keep myself up with my 2 full heals and managed to clear w/o revive once, the other time boss didnt kill me but the imp right b4 her did.
The real problem I have with this stages is the reward.

Once again we got the uniform leader skill for this round off bosses 30%DR to same and opposite element, Not impressive by any means or useful for that matter currently speaking, correct me if im wrong.

We also got this completely generic active skill for great damage to a single target at a CD of 30spins. So the only real benefits of this card is that it is human and balance so if you have gretel or dark witch it can mesh well with them over our regular demon hitters. Single target damage is great for strategy but I believe a limited time boss should feel a bit more special than its competition. So i suggest lowering the starting CD to 20-23 and keep same minimum cool dow for those who can skill her up.
_0nyx_

Postby Ragnarok72 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:52 pm

Here's my strategy to these new stages: skip them. Cards only seem to be good in arena and the one thing that is more annoying than grinding is grinding while needing to pay attention. When rewards are crap what's the point in getting annyoed and spilling revives? The Raid Bosses seem nice but I'd rather have those cards in the dungeons. Although this game has always required perseverance it now feels more like a waste of time.
Ragnarok72

Postby admin » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:11 pm

Ragnarok72 wrote:Here's my strategy to these new stages: skip them. Cards only seem to be good in arena and the one thing that is more annoying than grinding is grinding while needing to pay attention. When rewards are crap what's the point in getting annyoed and spilling revives? The Raid Bosses seem nice but I'd rather have those cards in the dungeons. Although this game has always required perseverance it now feels more like a waste of time.

'This boss card was designed to be useful outside of the arena as well, as it's 40x single-attack skill and very high base stats would great against bosses on an all human or all balance team with two leaders affecting human/balance cards (8-star version can output about 690K damage with two 3x attack passive, and over to 1.9M damage with two death cards at below 30% HP, and that's before adding guild ATK buffs). This makes the card one of the highest (if not the highest) potential burst damage card in the game. It does start with fairly high CD but it can be lowered quite a bit. The initial CD can't be lowered much as that would make guild war bosses too easy for anyone with a 8-star version of this card.

We were actually expecting many players to want to obtain the card for this reason, but if everyone still feels that this won't be useful, then I will pass the feedback back to our designer that such high burst damage card is not desired and should be avoided in the future.
admin
Site Admin

Postby ferg » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:24 pm

admin wrote:
Ragnarok72 wrote:Here's my strategy to these new stages: skip them. Cards only seem to be good in arena and the one thing that is more annoying than grinding is grinding while needing to pay attention. When rewards are crap what's the point in getting annyoed and spilling revives? The Raid Bosses seem nice but I'd rather have those cards in the dungeons. Although this game has always required perseverance it now feels more like a waste of time.

'This boss card was designed to be useful outside of the arena as well, as it's 40x single-attack skill and very high base stats would great against bosses on an all human or all balance team with two leaders affecting human/balance cards (8-star version can output about 690K damage with two 3x attack passive, and over to 1.9M damage with two death cards at below 30% HP, and that's before adding guild ATK buffs). This makes the card one of the highest (if not the highest) potential burst damage card in the game. It does start with fairly high CD but it can be lowered quite a bit. The initial CD can't be lowered much as that would make guild war bosses too easy for anyone with a 8-star version of this card.

We were actually expecting many players to want to obtain the card for this reason, but if everyone still feels that this won't be useful, then I will pass the feedback back to our designer that such high burst damage card is not desired and should be avoided in the future.

Ok, I'll bite. Using the 3x leader skill makes you sacrifice hp so you won't survive long enough to use the ability. Same with dual reaper,(not death). Besides, I can't ever survive to turn 30 in guild war to even think about using this ability. Sometimes turn 20 is out of sight.

Farming to try to skill this card is a burden, not fun. Farming for the card itself is boring. With the seals and restrictions, you have to sit there and tap the spin over and over again. Boring!

I quit playing these maps after the fire map. Didn't care that I'm missing out on the cards. After hitting spin on 5 roll for so long, I just hit the forfeit button. I haven't even tried hell, don't really even want to.

I do like the ability, at least it isn't like the forest and fire one. However, I do not have this card and probably won't try very hard to acquire it. Like I stated, farming the map is just too boring. Rather fight a raid boss, alot faster than farming.
ferg

Postby _0nyx_ » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:54 pm

admin wrote:'This boss card was designed to be useful outside of the arena as well, as it's 40x single-attack skill and very high base stats would great against bosses on an all human or all balance team with two leaders affecting human/balance cards (8-star version can output about 690K damage with two 3x attack passive, and over to 1.9M damage with two death cards at below 30% HP, and that's before adding guild ATK buffs). This makes the card one of the highest (if not the highest) potential burst damage card in the game. It does start with fairly high CD but it can be lowered quite a bit. The initial CD can't be lowered much as that would make guild war bosses too easy for anyone with a 8-star version of this card to kill.

I want this kind of card and im sure many others would aswell if the initial cooldown was lowered to around 20. Your people seem to make out skilling these limited time cards alot easier than it is. 30cd is unreasonably high starting point, no typical human being wants to try and skill lvl a limited time boss 10+ times when they cant even be guaranteed a 100% chance on skill ups, abyssmal drop r ates, and requires countless hours to run and attention is required(i dont mind this but others seem too) and the problem is in the way which you have enemy skills dealt out "randomly" its just not fun to deal with! extra skills need individual seperate visible cooldowns, maybe a few special enemies can have a type of randomized assortment of skills but it still needs to have a timer even if its 0, people need to know what they are up against! Because thats what makes them want to spend time and money on this game, people like to feel that sense of achievement you get when you one-up your rivals. Honestly if your just worried about guild war difficulty you can change up the style of the fight by drastically increasing hp while also sizeably increasing the amount of rounds typical teams can survive by making double hit like turn 30, and scaling down build up damage to fit typically killing your dragon and balance teams around turn 20-25, then just rescale the guild points rewarded per damage done ratio. Sure this would benefit those who have kirin or perhaps this current limited time boss(if cooldown is lowered) especially those who skill her even if its only about 5times because even that is really difficult and their is no guarantee you can, but the people who are able to do this i can guarantee have spent hundreds of dollars or hundreds of hours or both and deserve an easier time with guild war bosses.
_0nyx_

Postby Armand Star » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:09 am

i don't know about others, but i fight my bosses with Death Guard + Heal combo.
last time i checked (and i checked with both the guild war boss and raid bosses), they start doing double hits after 20 turns.

like this, a skill with cd of 21 or higher will only activate once unless you use timer increasers or get lucky with the free spins. a big hit is nice against bosses, but the problem is that with those high cd's, you only get to activate those skills once. that's why they feel less useful.

with that said, having low CD is also bad: those skills have high cd for a reason. dealing great or % damage to a boss is extremely useful, and it wouldn't be fair if you just keep using them every other turn. maybe "deals great damage" skills can have lower cd, but skills like frighten or 35% hits are extremely useful and is understandable that they have high cd.

skills like the kirin super hit, i'm not sure how much damage it deals but it sounds really strong. maybe too strong. one of my crewmates has a chimera (active skill = -20% boss hp) and activating the skill only once is already a huge help. yes it would be nice to trigger it twice in the same fight, but is understandable that skills like that have such high cd's.

with that said,
@admin: no one is going to lower the CD. i have the water imp and when evolved it i realized it had the same active skill as Nerida, i did some research and when i found out that in fact you can skill her up with 5* imps...
they appear in golden chests, with are often a pain to find in the first place, then you have to get two of them and evolve one, and for the highest % of skilling up the boss, you have to use 6 evolved imps, and even then the skillup is not guaranteed.
now, this is for a guild war boss, and i only do the difficult map. i'm not strong enough to beat insane maps or higher, so someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i assume you can get the boss from gold chests. so is the same "farm for a LOT of gold chests, get 6 copies, and skill up".

and here is where we have problems:
first, the fact that the materials needed are found in gold chests. this is made worse by the fact that we're talking about the more difficult maps. many players need revive potions to clear the map. and since gold chests are rare, you'd need to clear the map lots of times, which includs those times where you clear them without getting any gold chest.
then, besides the gold chest being hard to find, we also have to find it several times (need 6 copies for the best chance at skillup) , and i mean skilling up once.
need 6 copies of the boss to increase the level by one.
increasing a skill to level 5 will take 24 copies of the boss, and even then we can only have 90% , so there's always the chance that all the work does nothing, which is also a factor that puts the players down. and even if we have 100%, i wouldn't go for it.

long story short:
to the admin: the skills themselves are not bad, what players complain about (or at least this time) is the CD

to the players: the cooldown is there to balance out skills. skills like % damage, timer delayers, and kirin hits, cannot have low cooldowns. great hits like the solar summoner i agree can have lower cooldowns. the raid bosses have 15 CD and they feel perfect. CD doesn't feel too long or too short. (well sometimes in maps they do feel a bit short, but they're not that short either, and without free spins, i can only hit bosses once)

to the admin (again) : lowering CD of bosses is too troublesome, specially if the skill changes after evolving, and/or the materials required also need to evolve (like is the case with the Arcane Power skills). so troublesome that if using 6 materials gave me a guaranteed 100% chance, i still wouldn't

again, i haven't cleared the insane maps or higher, so i apologize if i'm wrong, but i know for a fact that the guild war bosses do need evolved imps, and at least in the difficult maps, you only find them in gold chests. for bonus map bosses i assume you can find them in gold chests on the last maps (insane/hell)

note: i know there's players out there with the willpower or money or both to actually fully skill up the bosses, but i think the majority of players won't
Armand Star

Postby Ragnarok72 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:07 am

5* in Insane, 4* in Hell indeed
Ragnarok72

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion