Random seal or Random seals???? (solar beast habitat)

Re: Random seal or Random seals???? (solar beast habitat)

Postby admin » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:25 am

ferg wrote:Ok, I'll bite. Using the 3x leader skill makes you sacrifice hp so you won't survive long enough to use the ability. Same with dual reaper,(not death).

If you need high HP in addition to ATK, Wicked Witch increase both HP and Atk balance cards by 2.5X, for example.

_0nyx_ wrote:I want this kind of card and im sure many others would aswell if the initial cooldown was lowered to around 20.

As mentioned my m previous reply. Lowering the CD to 20 will make this card completely broken for Guild Wars due to potential of one-hit OK the boss.
admin
Site Admin

Postby mistervista » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:23 am

The simple fact of the matter is that insane and hell aren't even worth attempting because the time, effort and cost involved far outweighs the reward of the card.

I tried hell mode once but never again. I didn't even get past stage 1. I hit the high priestess with a dark dragon for 300k+ and didn't touch it! That's just taking the piss.

If Playmage don't start playing fair soon I'm done with this game. I'll wait for the next guild war and if that isn't a vast improvement then I think the game will die!
mistervista

Postby admin » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:59 am

mistervista wrote:The simple fact of the matter is that insane and hell aren't even worth attempting because the time, effort and cost involved far outweighs the reward of the card.

Players complain about not having access to Panzers (as it's no longer farmable) or it's too hard to get 8-star normal dragons that output heavy damages to get past certain high HP bosses, for example this one you need to deal about 20% of final HP in one turn. Then card was made as it will basically be enough by itself in this situation and possible very handy in the future where you may need even higher single damage output. The 8-star kirin and 8-star devil of romance can also output great burst damage, but they are no longer obtainable.

mistervista wrote:I tried hell mode once but never again. I didn't even get past stage 1. I hit the high priestess with a dark dragon for 300k+ and didn't touch it! That's just taking the piss.

That's because it has 600K defense was wasn't intended to be brute forced past. As explained many times before, there are many cards with skills designed to easily kill extreme high defense enemies that does NOT rely on brute force, such as fixed damage skills or poison skills. If you really want brute force, the 8-star kirn, or 8-star devil of romance, as well as this boss card can help you get past it with the right leader/buff skills.

ps.
I am not saying our new content designer is doing great, nor anywhere near that. In fact, we had several negative feedback about previous cards and stages recently, so we have hired a new game producer to start overlook the game balancing and stats issues with future new levels and cards... However, what I am saying here is that _this_ particular stage isn't much harder than previous ones as people think if using the proper team/strategy (and no you don't need the same 120CP team as our tester as shown by other players posting there team info), and _this_ particular card may be more useful then some people think and will likely be very handy for future situations where you need its high damage burst.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Shebangs » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:35 pm

Just so you guys know, I'll help you out a little ADMIN, a 4* Cobra that you can get in like stage 4 of the regular maps can kill the priestess in one shot with that poison. I evolved one and skilled it up in like 15 minutes.

That just helps on the priestess' so you'll still need some big hitters for the boss but hope that helps.
ImmortaL
Shebangs

Postby mistervista » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:10 pm

Yeah I have several poisoners including an 8* Azrael and several Hecates that ignore defense but putting those in means leaving out big hitters which leaves you vulnerable at the boss stages.

Playmage are very clever at making it impossible to strike a balance.

The best improvement to this game would be to implement a suggestion I've made previously which would be to allow use of an additional leader skill on one of the mid-team cards.
mistervista

Postby bgd » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:28 am

The one thing we are all missing is the full seal happens at a certain damage point. As far as I know there is no way to know how much damage the boss suffered. Doesn't that make it random and just about impossible to prevent. Please tell me I'm wrong. Maybe kirin and 25%. not sure I don't have enough cp to use her in hell. They get two revives or 20 gems because I haven't seen revives in my shop for a while. Yes leveling in hell sucks. 1 time in my last 400 days i was able to beat it without revives and it took almost an hour. Long time players still buy stuff, give us a break.
bgd

Postby admin » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:15 am

Hi folks. Based on recent feedback regarding stage difficulty vs card ability, our product team has decided lower the base CD of Solar Beast boss cards' skill from 30 to 25. On a related note, the Clown card's skills (both 20% and 35% HP reduction version) has their CD lowered from 35 to 30 to increase its value.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Browncoat » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:48 am

7* and 8* Hayyel leaders, 8* Kirin, 4* dark imp, 6* naga, and mermaid princess gets through Hell with no revives.

I did not find a good place to farm chests, though. Any thoughts on that?
Browncoat

Postby Armand Star » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:36 am

awesome, with 30 CD i can manage to trigger twice on bosses! i'm so glad i bought Clown :P

Browncoat wrote:I did not find a good place to farm chests, though. Any thoughts on that?

i'm not an expert on insane/hell maps, but as long as the enemies don't kill you in one hit, you can farm in any place where you keep one enemy alive and kill the rest. basically whenever you're safe, keep autospinning 5 until you move on to the next wave
Armand Star

Postby Browncoat » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:58 am

Browncoat wrote:I did not find a good place to farm chests, though. Any thoughts on that?

i'm not an expert on insane/hell maps, but as long as the enemies don't kill you in one hit, you can farm in any place where you keep one enemy alive and kill the rest. basically whenever you're safe, keep autospinning 5 until you move on to the next wave[/quote]

The priestesses have high defense, so they are a candidate. But they hit over 10k every round, which is hard to keep up with long term.
Browncoat

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion