WTF is going on with 90% skilling????

WTF is going on with 90% skilling????

Postby NastyCloud » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:44 pm

I'm pretty sure that you're meshing with us.
I try to skill up several cards with the hypothetical 90% and it is a joke!

NOTE THAT EVERYTINE I SKILL UP WITH 6 CARDS SO 90% OF SUCCESS!!!

Facts:

Nerida 5 skill levels. - 1 failure, 5 success. Total 6 times

Arzeal 5 skill levels - 1 failure, 5 success. Total 6 times

Terminator 6 skill levels - 6 success. Total 6 times

Water rAid boss 8* (dont remebmer the name) 6 skill levels - 2 failures 5 success. Total 7 times

Hayyel 5 skill levels - 1 failure 1 success (till now) total 2 times

WHAT THE FU@& !!!!!!! R U FU&$ING MESHING WITH US? WHERE IS THE F&$@ing 90% at all those? These are the only cards i skill up and if u take them individually you have an average lower than 80%

If you sum them up i have 5 failues at 27 times!!!! It is 81%

With your hypothetical 90% niw i have to expect for the next 73 attemps of skilling up tomhave only 5 failures right?

This is rediculus especially for effort that we made playing hell stages to collect imps

At least put a mechanism that ensure that at 100 times of trying with 90% success to have 90 times success skilling!!!!
Elite
NastyCloud

Re: WTF is going on with 90% skilling????

Postby pmsupport » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:22 pm

Hi NastyCloud, the success rate of the skill upgrade with 6 cards is indeed 90%. You were experiencing a little bad luck within that 27 tries. The larger the sample size, the more accurately the sample will reflect the success rate.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby THR Kakashi » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:38 am

I think this is to be expected though, Nastycloud. It IS only expected to work 90% of the time, not 100% which means it will only work 90% at the time you strengthen/upskill, not overall.
The Rock Stars- f45023
THR Kakashi

Postby NastyCloud » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:12 am

I know kakashi san :p

Every time its indevidual experiment, but 90% meens that if you make the same exp 100 times you gonna succeed the 90 of them. That make the statistic of 90%.
Or course that make sence if you actually make the experiment 100 times... I made it till now 27 times but the results aren't goes like the devs claim.
If you analyse the gaus curve tou can see that actually a tiny percentage of the experiment goes away feom the statistic numbers, so the 90% can be made 87-88 to 92-93 %
The 80% it is not acceptable mesurment! It is easyer to win the lottary than have 80% (or less) or even 99 tp 100% success.

That's why i'm suggesting to devs to put a mechanism similar to 4* or better than ensure that every 10 draws you get a 6* card.
If they claim that it is 90% to skill up, then they can ensure that, if you skill up 100 times with 90% eqch, that you ensure the 90 times of 100 to have a success result.

Ps Give me your sharingan eye!!!!!!!
Elite
NastyCloud

Postby THR Kakashi » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:42 am

Haha, you're looking too far into it, my friend.

It wouldn't matter if the devs were set at 99%, there will always be a 1% chance that you will not get what you want. I for one, would be a prime example of one who would only get that 1%, everytime..

It's as they say, you're just having a rough time. If you think it would be more accurate to change the descriptive text to show a realistic % for your peace of mind, maybe request that.

Otherwise, keep trying like the rest of us ^_\\

P.S. - No o.@
The Rock Stars- f45023
THR Kakashi

Postby arcthelad » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:49 pm

NastyCloud,

I feel your frustration, but your sample size is pretty small, so 81% is pretty good!
arcthelad

Postby NastyCloud » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:49 am

I disagree with you Arcthelad,

the sample is big enough i think. Imagine that to have the 90% give or take, for the next 73 attempts of skilling with 6 cards, i have to fair only 4 of them!!!!! I already fair 5 over 27, and you believe that for the next 73 attempts is gonna fail only 4 times?...... a bought that 3000% :D
Elite
NastyCloud

Postby HugPug » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:16 am

I'll add to this to increase the sample size if that won't throw off your calculations. If it will, just to get to 100, run through the half energy missions and try skilling up those crowned fish and things.
I went through skilling a priestess with the 15% cooldown, and in the end it saved me about 4 priestesses than it would have if I did the 90% each time.

I really am interested to see the results. I have terrible luck with the 90% chance so I always do less, just so there is less investment.
HugPug

Postby arcthelad » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:07 am

No, the skilling is probably just a random number generator. Make a spreadsheet in excel and run one. If you are running a 90% one, maybe over 25 times it could be 81%, but over 1 million times, it is going to be pretty much spot on at 89.9 or 90.1 or something at that level. So, does that mean it will be 90% for YOU during for entire time playing the game? Not necessarily. Now, if 1,000 players did the same thing you did and all had 81% (or worse), then something is wrong.

Now, if I worked for Playmage (and I don't), I would also put a programming safeguard in there that guaranteed that once your sample size for each skill attempt his 100 (so skilling for six or three or whatever), that the internal programming would guarantee that your personal results were within the margin of error of, let's say 3%. So, that would mean that for all of all skilling at 6, we would all range from 87-93% guaranteed. Hope that makes sense.
arcthelad

Postby NastyCloud » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:23 pm

I agree with you about that safe guard and i mention that as well.

Ps new results:
Another two tries for skilling hayyel... 1 success and 1 failure....

So i have two failurs at same card for 2nd time..... Rediculus !!!!!

Total 6 falues over 29 tries.... Result 80%..... Far away from 90 or 87% that u say.... FU$& !!!!

You know that it is too hard to collect the imps in that case or any cards from hell level so it is rediculus to fail SO MUCH TIMES over and over again !!!!

Pm & admin DO SOMETHING !!!!! PUT A SAFE NET FOR THAT, JUST LIKE 4* or better draws!!!!
Elite
NastyCloud

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion