WTF is going on with 90% skilling????

Re: WTF is going on with 90% skilling????

Postby THR Kakashi » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:55 pm

HugPug wrote:I'll add to this to increase the sample size if that won't throw off your calculations. If it will, just to get to 100, run through the half energy missions and try skilling up those crowned fish and things.
I went through skilling a priestess with the 15% cooldown, and in the end it saved me about 4 priestesses than it would have if I did the 90% each time.

I really am interested to see the results. I have terrible luck with the 90% chance so I always do less, just so there is less investment.

I also have extremely bad luck with 90% Upskilling. Rather than looking at the %, I base it on the fact that it's all 50/50 chance and wing it. I too, have had more luck with a lower percentage rather than higher.
The Rock Stars- f45023
THR Kakashi

Postby NastyCloud » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:32 pm

So it is not only my bad luck PM... a lot of ppl have the same issues.... Probably i start go with 45% and 3 cards. At least if i loose it i'll say to myself ok u had a bit les than 50% to win it..... An with 2 tries maybe u get it.....
Anyway that system with 90% is awful.

Devs do something!!!!!
Elite
NastyCloud

Postby pmsupport » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:07 pm

Hi NastyCloud, I will forward your feedback and suggestion to the team.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby NastyCloud » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:09 am

Sould i put it to new suggestion topic or its ok from here?
Elite
NastyCloud

Postby pmsupport » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:59 pm

Hi NastyCloud, putting it here is okay since it's related to the topic.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby RavenoftheBlack » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:01 pm

Wait, that's how it works? Wow, I've been misunderstanding things this entire time. I didn't think the percentages were the chance of upping the skill. I thought each card gave you a certain percent progress TOWARD an upgrade, so I thought it always took 7 cards to up a skill (a total of 105%, giving you 5% on the second level.)

Well, I feel dumb now. I'd have done things differently...

In that case, let me ask you guys an advice question: I have an 8* Rhythm Creatore and three 7* Future Water Soldiers. I've been saving the 7*s because of my aforementioned misunderstanding. How would you utilize them, with this probability?
RavenoftheBlack

Postby jurgewil » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:17 pm

i would gather 10-11 pcs 7* . then do them one at a time .
most likely you will skill up two steps, or maybe 3 steps
jurgewil

Postby Jorge » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:51 pm

Every card will output a 15% (9/60) chance to level up skill no matter how you use it. Skilling with 6 cards at the same time is the safest approach, while skilling 1 card at a time is the riskiest approach. For example if you have 6 cards and use them one at a time there's a ~38% chance that all of them will fail, but there's also a ~22% chance that you gain two or more skill levels. Whereas if you use the six cards at the same time you get less chances of not leveling up (10%), but also you will never gain more than one level. As expected, both approaches average a skill level up of 0.9 or 90%.

The only exception is if the targeted card cannot be skill leveled more than five times; in this case, potential level ups after the cap will be lost. For example, let's say you have a 4/6 skill Rhythm Creator. If you skill it with one card at a time a total of six times there's a small chance you could've gotten 3 or more level ups, but because you can't level up Rhythm Creator as much, it effectively becomes 2 level ups. So assuming you use all six fodder Future Water Soldiers, each single soldier will output an average skill level up of something like 0.85 instead of 0.90. To clarify, this only means that you may get to full skill level your Rhythm Creator using less than the 6 fodder cards, at the cost of having less chances to skill it 1 level. In other words, this applies as long as you would have no use for the Future Water Soldiers when your Rhythm Creator is fully skilled.
Jorge

Postby RavenoftheBlack » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:23 pm

Thanks a lot for the info! It's very helpful.

I sort of wish less in this game were based solely on chance. It seems to me that the only thing that isn't is leveling a card up (not the skill levels). I mean, I understand why they do it, but it's pretty frustrating at times.
RavenoftheBlack

Postby mefa » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:00 pm

Unfortunately, sacrificing 6 cards to get %90 chance of 1 skill level increase is very frustrating and WTF in nature!
Many players gave-up the game for these things, if you want to continue the game you should live with the frustration!
mefa

Previous

Return to Dragon Era Discussion