Inspired Content and Incorrect Drawings In Game

Inspired Content and Incorrect Drawings In Game

Postby cardcore » Wed May 06, 2015 11:11 am

There was a topic about Forest Spirit Summoner's image. It was said that the minion at the card looks really similar to a character in pokemon

Now as you know there is a character in League of Legends which named Sona and new Rythm Creator card looks almost same with her from her item to her hair style and

And Great Light Summoner looks like Annie from League of Legends and can you believe that Annie's ultimate skill is summoning a bear i am not mentioning both are little girls

there are other examples of this similarities but i think these ones enough to catch the point

other point is bad dravings such as this one

what is wrong with her boobs it is completely inhuman and wrong they are on the side of her body not front and i have noticed a lot more like this one

to sum up , please be careful about inspired content we dont want to see playmage on court because of this and please provide us better splash arts
\m/ Arc The Lad Rocks \m/
cardcore

Re: Inspired Content and Incorrect Drawings In Game

Postby admin » Wed May 06, 2015 1:32 pm

Some artists do get inspirations from popular characters and art references found on the web, but the key is that they don't steal nor copy the art itself and only modifications, but they draw and design from scratch with the inspiration of referenced art, and they may end up slightly similar due to the inspiration factor.

We had couple times before with external paid artists turning in outsourced art whose design are too similar to the art they referenced, and when the dev team noticed it we asked them to change them. However, the ones you mentioned here are quite far apart that the two art may not even be related but both inspired from a different source. It's possible there are still one ore two we didn't catch that may have looked too similar, as art lead who review these don't play every single game, so if you do find something is obvious "stolen" instead of "inspired", you can send them to us via email at support@playmage.com and we will have review those and update as needed.
admin
Site Admin

so called inspired content and incorrect drawings in game

Postby cardcore » Wed May 06, 2015 4:22 pm

i have opened a topic https://www.playmage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=15141 today and i had a response which did not include any explanation about incorrect drawings. After that , topic has locked (i could not get why) so i have to open new topic to get a answer about incorrect drawings. I have already mentioned what is wrong with the splash arts so please inform me about this.
\m/ Arc The Lad Rocks \m/
cardcore

Re: so called inspired content and incorrect drawings in gam

Postby pmsupport » Wed May 06, 2015 9:15 pm

Hi cardcore, admin has already explained pretty clearly that those are not incorrect drawings and they only share a little similarity with the pictures that you posted. If the pictures do look too similar to the samples you posted, we'd have changed them like the minion of Forest Spirit Summoner.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby Armand Star » Wed May 06, 2015 10:01 pm

admin explained about cards that are similar to characters from other games.
but cardcore was also asking about incorrect drawings, or let's call them "there's something wrong with the way this card was drawn" , and admin didn't address that part.

in the other thread cardcore gave the example of Cat Thief. cardcore said she has bad drawing because her boobs seem like they were drawn incorrectly (looks like they grow from one side of her body, not the front)
after seeing her closely, i'm sure is because of her pose, but you get the idea
Armand Star

Postby pmsupport » Wed May 06, 2015 10:27 pm

Hi Armand Star, thanks for the clarification.

Hi cardcore, yes, the Cat Thief's figure was drawn like that because of her pose just as Armand Star said.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Return to Dragon Era Discussion