Failed to upgrade skills

Failed to upgrade skills

Postby jackdragma » Fri May 08, 2015 8:59 am

Hello,

Please, review your process to upgrade the skill up. It's a waste of time, energy and money the process of upgrade the skill up.

In my case, I tried for two times upgrade the skill of Hayyel and two times gave my failed.

The first time I tried with 5 green imps (75%) and just now I tried with 6 green imps (90%) and again the upgrade has failed.

Two times bad luck with high index... your algorithm is wrong.

I know your answer "bad luck" but all your answers to people who have claimed is the same the "bad luck" and It isn't logical
jackdragma

Re: Failed to upgrade skills

Postby mistervista » Fri May 08, 2015 10:47 am

Agreed.

As I have said before, if you take the time, trouble and effort to use 6 cards at once it should be 100% guaranteed skill up and all the 5* cards needed should be more readily available and none of the skilling should require the strengthening and evolving of 4* cards to make the fives, that's just laborious and even more of a kick in the nuts when the skill up fails.
mistervista

Postby admin » Fri May 08, 2015 12:57 pm

I will talk to the dev whether it's possible to make 6 card skill enhances to be 100% in the future.
admin
Site Admin

Postby arcthelad » Fri May 08, 2015 3:23 pm

Or even six cards plus 5 million coins or something. That would help.
arcthelad

Postby Wendigo » Sat May 09, 2015 2:36 am

A nice and easy solution would be to raise the percent success per card from 15% to 17%. This would give the 100+% success for using 6 cards. With slightly better odds on 1thru5 draws more players would be tempted to try those also as the longrun success rates would be greater than a 6 draw...on a 3 draw its now 51%, so odds a bit to the player))
Wendigo

Postby mistervista » Sat May 09, 2015 6:56 am

Wendigo wrote:A nice and easy solution would be to raise the percent success per card from 15% to 17%. This would give the 100+% success for using 6 cards. With slightly better odds on 1thru5 draws more players would be tempted to try those also as the longrun success rates would be greater than a 6 draw...on a 3 draw its now 51%, so odds a bit to the player))

+1
mistervista

Postby cardcore » Sat May 09, 2015 8:08 am

Wendigo wrote:A nice and easy solution would be to raise the percent success per card from 15% to 17%. This would give the 100+% success for using 6 cards. With slightly better odds on 1thru5 draws more players would be tempted to try those also as the longrun success rates would be greater than a 6 draw...on a 3 draw its now 51%, so odds a bit to the player))

what about

with 1 card %15
with 2 card %32 (+ %2)
with 3 card %49 (+ %4)
with 4 card %69 (+ %6)
with 5 card %82 (+ %8)
with 6 card %100 (+ %10)
\m/ Arc The Lad Rocks \m/
cardcore

Postby SeasDiver » Sat May 09, 2015 9:35 pm

I had two 90% upgrades in a row fail. That should be 1 in a 100 odds. I really dislike that it happened to me but realize the statistical nature means that it does happen.

An alternative idea for the skill upgrade mechanism is to have each card be a 13% base + current level/ max card level * 4%. Thus any card could be 13% to 17% odds. Lower level cards most people would probably take the 78% upgrade on, while the higher level cards like imps, would make people want to upgrade them to get the certainty of 100% upgrade. This would require more playtime to level the cards so it is probably a win/win. Players can get certainty for those very hard to find cards, devs get players having to work harder for that certainty which can translate into money invested for gems/energy potions.

In the meantime, I still am trying to decide what to do with my last 4 green imps and my Hayyel. One skill level to go, take the 60% chance, or take 4 15% chances?
SeasDiver

Postby cardcore » Sun May 10, 2015 9:59 am

SeasDiver wrote:I had two 90% upgrades in a row fail. That should be 1 in a 100 odds. I really dislike that it happened to me but realize the statistical nature means that it does happen.

An alternative idea for the skill upgrade mechanism is to have each card be a 13% base + current level/ max card level * 4%. Thus any card could be 13% to 17% odds. Lower level cards most people would probably take the 78% upgrade on, while the higher level cards like imps, would make people want to upgrade them to get the certainty of 100% upgrade. This would require more playtime to level the cards so it is probably a win/win. Players can get certainty for those very hard to find cards, devs get players having to work harder for that certainty which can translate into money invested for gems/energy potions.

In the meantime, I still am trying to decide what to do with my last 4 green imps and my Hayyel. One skill level to go, take the 60% chance, or take 4 15% chances?

there is no certain thing about this. one of our guildmates failed with 6 card twice so it totally random and depends on luck
\m/ Arc The Lad Rocks \m/
cardcore

Postby admin » Sun May 10, 2015 1:38 pm

Unfortunately failing twice in a row isn't that uncommon. Assuming modest average of 5 attempts across all players who the full skill enhance, then it's about 1 in 20 players who will fail twice in a row, or 1 in 200 player will have failed 3 times in a row.

Anyways, I do agree it's not a good design to not have a way to guarantee success. Once in the dev team resumes next week I will forward this concern and see what ways we can do to improve this problem.
admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion