Is Komodo Dragon a mistake?

Re: Is Komodo Dragon a mistake?

Postby Niobiumstar » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:54 pm

I agree. Maybe a name change to 'Cowgirl' would be good. Save the komodo dragon for a more powerful looking set, similar to the current dragons and panzers.
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
Niobiumstar

Postby ggggt » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:34 pm

I think we should see the 8 star before we judge too harshly
ggggt

Postby TEDtheMUTINEER » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:31 pm

Not judging it. I'd just hate to see the komodo dragon name and likeness be wasted on a cutesy cowgirl when it could be a super kicka$$ card
TEDtheMUTINEER

Postby Woody » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:53 pm

pm,

i know i am late to the dance - getting slower in my old age - but i was getting ready to use the komodo dragon today in a team and i noticed something i had totally missed till now ... IT IS NOT A DRAGON it is a Nature Card. Please explain the thinking process that lead to a komo dragon being labeled something other than a dragon.

as i said, i am getting old and it is summer in the carolinas so my brain has slowed considerably, but i just do not get it.
Woody
Leo's Lounge
f47ba4
Woody

Postby pmsupport » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:55 pm

Hi Woody, because Komodo Dragon is a kind of lizard. "The Komodo dragon[4] (Varanus komodoensis), also known as the Komodo monitor, is a large species of lizard found in the Indonesian islands of Komodo, Rinca, Flores, Gili Motang, and Padar.[5] A member of the monitor lizard family Varanidae, it is the largest living species of lizard, growing to a maximum length of 3 metres (10 ft) in rare cases and weighing up to approximately 70 kilograms (150 lb)" More details: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komodo_dragon
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby Woody » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:22 pm

pmsupport wrote:Hi Woody, because Komodo Dragon is a kind of lizard. "The Komodo dragon[4] (Varanus komodoensis), also known as the Komodo monitor, is a large species of lizard found in the Indonesian islands of Komodo, Rinca, Flores, Gili Motang, and Padar.[5] A member of the monitor lizard family Varanidae, it is the largest living species of lizard, growing to a maximum length of 3 metres (10 ft) in rare cases and weighing up to approximately 70 kilograms (150 lb)" More details: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komodo_dragon

pm,

thanks for the detailed info, although I already knew it was technically a lizard. however, I humbly submit that if Dragon Era calls it a Dragon it should be a Dragon. otherwise call it Komodo Lizard, or the cowgirl lizard, or such.
Woody
Leo's Lounge
f47ba4
Woody

Postby pmsupport » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:26 pm

Hi Woody, thanks for your feedback. We will take your advice into consideration when naming new cards in the future.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby Woody » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:30 pm

admin wrote:I apologize if it didn't leave up to the expectation of non-cuteness, but IMHO it's looks more powerful than the previous two boss cards still. Also, this boss card is arguably one of the most powerful GW bosses in terms of attack due to do it's short CD active skill and very useful passive skill.

agree with admin on card's usefulness in terms of attack attributes. at 15 ct with dual 2.5 multiplier leader cards (in my case 2 seven star "sheep dogs") the komodo dragon has 30k more power than a panzer (9 ct and 30 command points) and almost 50K more attack strength than an eight star dragon (25 ct and 20 command points). plus it has more hp than seven star dragons.

the only thing that keeps the komodo dragon from being the best new card since kirin is if it would have been a dragon card, or a different leader skill (imho). if the leader skill would have been 2.5 or even 2.0 multiplier of dragon/active (like the dual eight star dragons cards), so it could be paired with dragons and the new boss cards, or dragon/balanced, so it could have been paired with dragons and the old shepherd dog, it would be kick-a$$.
Woody
Leo's Lounge
f47ba4
Woody

Previous

Return to Dragon Era Discussion