Epots & Revives in GS

Epots & Revives in GS

Postby RavAnt » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:34 am

I'm not sure if it's just my bad luck or if something has changed. ..... but.....ever since the recent upgrades/additions to the guild shop, I haven't been getting energy potions or revive potions as often as before.

Mathematically speaking, each time you add something into the shop, would that automatically decrease chances of other item from popping up??? Being that only six items are in the shop at one time.

What are the current drop rates for potions in the shop? I used to get one or the other almost weekly, but now I'm lucky to get them once a month.
Image ROCK STARS GUILD MEMBER
RavAnt

Re: Epots & Revives in GS

Postby thievingsquirrel » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:37 am

My energy & revive potion occurrence has dropped considerably as well. Took me 3 weeks to get revive potions and they were only 1x which is a bummer, so I missed out completely on the water spirit habitat.
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Postby admin » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:40 am

The energy/revive potion rates are the same as before. The small amount of odds for new cards were deducted from the odds for various 2-3 star non-dragon (filler/feeder) cards.
admin
Site Admin

Postby RavAnt » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:56 am

Admin, what is the current drop rate for potions in the guild shop? Can you consider increasing it in the next expansion.

Here is my reasoning:
Wouldn't additions to the guild shop give us smaller chances for epots and revives. Let me explain further..... For EXAMPLE: if an item had a 10% drop rate out of 100 items it would drop approximately one every 10 times, where the same drop rate in a pool of 1,000 items would occur one every 100 times.

So I'm not questioning whether or not you changed the percentage of the drop rate but if the chances for potions have decreased based on the larger pool of items AND if you can look into increasing the odds if this is the case here.

Thanks.
RavAnt

Postby admin » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:44 am

That's not how it works. Each guild shop slot has a total of 100% drop rate which is divided into hundreds of different item, but the sum of all items drop rate always adds up to 100% regardless of how many there are. When we say introduce a new card at 0.1% drop rate, then we may reduce 20 cards rate by 0.005% so the sum for all items to appear for single guild shop slot is still 100%. So for example if potions are at 1% for each slot and when we say it remained the same, then it has same ~6% ((1-(0.99)^6) x 100) chance of showing up each refresh regardless if there 5 total items in the pool or 500 items in the pool.

We cannot disclose any guild shop item drop rates, nor is it likely their drop rate will change. The guild shop was never intended to create a sufficient supply of potions for everyone even during bad luck, otherwise no one will ever need to purchase from the store and the game will be financially bankrupt.
admin
Site Admin

Postby RavAnt » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:42 pm

Thanks for clarification on how the shop works. That was really great information.

My OPINION on this: I will not and will never buy potions in the shop with real money, I would quit the game first. But that is just me and my choice. I only purchase gems for recruiting or for guild war purposes. If you are worried about money, I doubt the drop rate of potions in the guild shop will "financially bankrupt" the game, but hey that's just my opinion.

Thank you again, this has been helpful.
RavAnt

Postby admin » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:26 pm

Thanks for your opinion and feedback. Each player has there own way to enjoy and support the game. There are many players who do purchase potions or revives to supplement what they can buy from the guild shop.
admin
Site Admin

Postby jurgewil » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:52 pm

i believe there are also some players who invest in purchasing birdman garuda from guild shop
but they are not so many, either
jurgewil

Postby Tasov » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:43 pm

My opinion because I have noticed the pots decrease rate … There could be a set amount that can be purchased every weekend. They would appear Saturday 1 AM and would remain through the weekend. The amount offered should be enough to mine a decent amount of coins through the weekend but yet not that many which would break the games "bank account" ty
Tasov

Return to Dragon Era Discussion