Gold Chest Drop Rate........

Re: Gold Chest Drop Rate........

Postby arcthelad » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:12 am

Admin - have you changed anything about the drop rate since the board started, or has it always been the same?
arcthelad

Postby Maleficent » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:02 pm

Add me to complaints that gold chests aren't dropping. I have done 5 -10 runs in hell all week, havenot cleared hell, on any of my accounts. Just my 2cents worth:)
Maleficent

Postby pmsupport » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:57 pm

Hi arcthelad, the drop rate hasn't been changed since the board started. It has been the same since the current map is released.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby Korwyn » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:29 pm

Ok, this is my suggestion.
First reiterating what the PM said.

Postby pmsupport » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:18 pm
Hi all, only the drop rate of the first gold chest in hell map has been lowered as that gold chest contains the Herald of Pestilence card. The first gold chest now has the same drop rate as the second gold chest in the hell map. Therefore, the drop rate of the two brown chests in the hell map are now higher. The drop rates of the chests in the other three maps haven't been changed.
Enjoy playing Dragon Era!
Playmage PM Support

This is kind of confusing but I took it as the chance of the first chest was lowered because it was pestilence and the 2nd gold chest was lowered to the rate of the first chest (but no explanation given for that) until..

Postby pmsupport » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:09 am
Hi, Pestilence and the new Herald of Pestilence card are not supposed to be easy to get just as the other time-limited boss cards. As a matter of fact, this time you can get two powerful boss cards with the drop rate of each boss card being the same as the previous time-limited boss cards. That means your chance to get a boss card (whichever of them) is double in the current hell map. Plus, Herald of Pestilence is also a very powerful card.
Enjoy playing Dragon Era!
Playmage PM Support

So I took this as an explanation that the drop rates were lowered because both gold chest cards were too powerful. I have played the hell map 40 times and have gotten 6 gold chests (3 of each). Maps take me 20 to 30 minutes (because usually it takes a long time to spin for all 5 chests). My suggestion is if you think herald of pestilence is too powerful, take it off of the gold chest and replace it with a 5* earth satyr so more people can level up their dragons (since it takes 15 skill ups to max them anyway). I love playing hell maps but I don't plan to play anymore of these because it is not worth the revives I have to spend and the drop rate is disappointing. The map is very entertaining and with more gold chest drops and having the chests drop faster it would be even better.

Thanks,
Korwyn
Korwyn

Postby Woody » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:37 pm

pmsupport wrote:... the drop rate of the first gold chest in hell map has been lowered as that gold chest contains the Herald of Pestilence card ...

... As a matter of fact, this time you can get two powerful boss cards ... Herald of Pestilence is also a very powerful card ...

Niobiumstar wrote:I think adding the word "very" to that last sentence is a bit of a stretch, especially considering Herald of Pestilence is non-evolvable, and yet has a high cd.

Korwyn wrote: ... replace it with a 5* earth satyr so more people can level up their dragons ...

I decided to respond to this topic only after I had gotten the first gold chest and had thus obtained both Herald of Pestilence and Pestilence.Some thoughts follow:

I agree with Niobiumstar about the limitations of Herald of Pestilence. The card's leader skill is nice, with Lucifer currently only have the same skill level. I am sure there will come a time that i might use it as a leader, and the thought is intriguing, but how often does any player use a demon team other than for mining jewel dragons? And then I do not want the cards more powerful as I am trying to get as many turns as possible. Again, I think the card is nice, but I would not call it special.

Pestilence, as well as all the Horseman, are great cards. The only problem is that it is becoming rarer to use mono teams, at least for me. The only time I use them is when I am bored and just want to shake things up. In fact, the developers assisted in limiting their use when they made players use mixed teams on the limited bonus maps. Maybe they could give an alternative of using either a completely colour diverse team OR a mono team. It might make running the limited special maps more interesting.

Only twice out of twenty-four tries did I not get at least one gold chest. I had no problems getting gold chests, they just were not the chests I wanted. I do not even mind making the first gold chest a little more difficult.

The problem with Earth Apocalypse II as I see it were the amount of time it takes to get five chests and those dang earth seals. Regarding the former, it just takes so much time to run the Hell map that after a while playing becomes very boring. After the first few days, I had to force myself to run the maps. I do not mind, and I even understand why it may take many attempts to get the first gold chest. My complaint is the amount of time it takes to complete a run. Sometimes ti seems to go on forever.

And the earth seals! I am OK with the earth seals. I am OK with sometimes having to spend one or two revives. What drives me crazy is that they happen on almost every stage, and contrary to what pm has said on this forum, they seem to seal the leader cards almost every time. The last night of playing I went eight games, I was sealed at least twice (and often three/four times) and only on one of those occasions were both my leader cards not sealed. Several times on the same stage I was sealed twice, each time both leader cards were targeted and then receiving hits from multiple foes.

The developers need to establish games rules regarding seals that are then posted on the forum for feedback. A couple of suggestions; 1) Only one seal can be administer per each stage, 2) If a player "kills" off a stage during a seal, that seal is released before beginning the next stage, 3) Sealing both bosses should happen no more than 50% of the time.

I think Korwyn is on point about having a five star satyr in future Hell maps. Would be nice to have a chance to level dragons. Or, while I dreaming, create a card that would level Panzers for some of us who got to the game late. Now that would motivate me to run Hell maps often.

Just some thoughts. I will thank pm ahead of time for thanking me for my input.
Woody
Leo's Lounge
f47ba4
Woody

Postby Vee » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:27 pm

+1 Woody suggestions.

Add another suggestion...
If player in seal status & get killed, should remove seal status after revives used.
Vee

Postby Woody » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:29 pm

Vee wrote:+1 Woody suggestions.

Add another suggestion...
If player in seal status & get killed, should remove seal status after revives used.

Double Yes, thanks Vee. I meant to add that but it fell out of my brain before I could get it in my post.
Woody
Leo's Lounge
f47ba4
Woody

Postby Benjamin » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:05 pm

I8APUSS
For a map that costs 50 energy and at least 2-3 revives

Players from our guild are running this map with 0 - 1 revive.

It's simple to avoid being killed by earth seal, I can survive earth seal attacks even with using two Hayyels as leaders.

Herald of Pestilence is best used with Apep and running mines,

I'd say to those complaining about difficulty, ask for assistance because making game easier is no fun for advanced players.

Good luck
Benjamin

Postby thievingsquirrel » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:30 pm

Benjamin wrote:
Players from our guild are running this map with 0 - 1 revive.

It's simple to avoid being killed by earth seal, I can survive earth seal attacks even with using two Hayyels as leaders.

Herald of Pestilence is best used with Apep and running mines,

I'd say to those complaining about difficulty, ask for assistance because making game easier is no fun for advanced players.

Good luck

Agreed, I'm don't even have any of the dragon kings and queens and I run with 0-10 revives used ... and 10 is only when I try to stall because I am waiting for the next/last chest to drop, 0 when I get lucky with free spins or heals.
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Postby pmsupport » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:14 pm

Hi Korwyn, the drop rate of the second gold chest in hell map hasn't been changed. Only the drop rate of the first gold chest in hell map has been lowered to the same amount of the 2nd gold chest because it's a boss card - Herald of Pestilence.

Hi all, thanks for the feedback and suggestions.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion