Mafdet

Re: Mafdet

Postby Armand Star » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:47 pm

as benjamin said: some players already have the 8* versions of the top cards.
benjamin, you said you are in the minority, and i'll explain why:

you said it yourself: you were top 10 in one of the top 3 guilds. those are the players that have the 8* boss cards.

let's take a moment to think about it:
out of hundreds of guilds, out of thousands of players, only 30 players total have access to the 8* version of the boss card. it's pretty obvious why you guys are in the minority.
you decided to be on top, you got your rewards. now it's time you guys give someone else a chance.

me for example. i'm on the stage of the game where i can score 50k with just a few gems, but since only 10 players can get it, i only go for the ones i want. if there's a boss i don't want/need, i step aside and give my place in top 10 to someone who actually wants the card.
i think of the other players, that's why some time ago i suggested to remove the "top 10" limit and give boss card to everyone who scores 50k or higher

anyway, i'm just saying. let's not be so selfish. remember there are thousands of players on this game, and only 30 of them can obtain 8* bosses

besides, even if we talked purely about money, the rotation is still the better idea.
the "top 30" are the only players that have no reason to spend. but everyone else?
someone who has a 7* boss card is VERY likely to spend for a chance to evolve their 7* to 8*
someone who doesn't even have the 7* version? they are also be very likely to spend, in order to get a boss card. having a 7* boss is much better than having none.
Armand Star

Postby Shebangs » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:49 am

I actually agree with Benjamin on this one. I'm not in a top 3 guild so I don't have a chance to get the 8 star in one guild war but that's my fault not the top 3 guilds fault. There is room to join them if you so please. Would I like the 8 star sure but I don't want to wait another 5 months for the new cards. The 7 star boss cards have the same skills just a little lower stats. That's not going to kill me. And if you skip getting a boss card because you can only have 10 players in your guild get it, that's your fault as well because you can easily make a second guild and have people move over there just for the war. then they can come back and magically everyone who scored over 50k has the boss card. All I'm saying is that 5 months is way to long to wait. You guys do realize that we'll have to wait until christmas to see new bosses then right?

PM: If you do decide to do another rotation of these same guild war bosses then skip the second rotation of apocalypse II maps and/or raid bosses and put the new cards in as new time limited maps and/or raid bosses. I don't know if I can wait until christmas to see these new cards. (I'm probably not alone in this thought)
ImmortaL
Shebangs

Postby GLH-1980s » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:32 am

Armand Star wrote:as benjamin said: some players already have the 8* versions of the top cards.
benjamin, you said you are in the minority, and i'll explain why:

you said it yourself: you were top 10 in one of the top 3 guilds. those are the players that have the 8* boss cards.

let's take a moment to think about it:
out of hundreds of guilds, out of thousands of players, only 30 players total have access to the 8* version of the boss card. it's pretty obvious why you guys are in the minority.
you decided to be on top, you got your rewards. now it's time you guys give someone else a chance.

me for example. i'm on the stage of the game where i can score 50k with just a few gems, but since only 10 players can get it, i only go for the ones i want. if there's a boss i don't want/need, i step aside and give my place in top 10 to someone who actually wants the card.
i think of the other players, that's why some time ago i suggested to remove the "top 10" limit and give boss card to everyone who scores 50k or higher

anyway, i'm just saying. let's not be so selfish. remember there are thousands of players on this game, and only 30 of them can obtain 8* bosses

besides, even if we talked purely about money, the rotation is still the better idea.
the "top 30" are the only players that have no reason to spend. but everyone else?
someone who has a 7* boss card is VERY likely to spend for a chance to evolve their 7* to 8*
someone who doesn't even have the 7* version? they are also be very likely to spend, in order to get a boss card. having a 7* boss is much better than having none.

+1

I for one find it bs that the only folks that aquire the 8* GW boss card drop way to much bank while the rest of us push to obtain the 7* card. My guild has remained in the top 10 for awhile now. I think that the rewards need to be redone to include the top 10 into getting the 8* card. This will help push lower guilds to achieve high scores and would make it worth actually being in the top 10. Which in its self is a big feat to begin with. The only reason I am writing this is because it seems like because the top 3 achieve the 8* card and want to move onto new GW bosses. So they get rewarded for dropping a bunch of cash which is not really a fight to aquire the card just a way to say hey we can pay for it and possibly have two 8* cards while the rest of the guilds fight to get one lower card and have to deal with trying to make a good enough team for future battles.
Just really think the rewards need to be redone. And I welcome the new competition that would bring for the top 10 for more of us to get the 8* card.
~~~ Fallen Angels guild, Player name: GoD, game ID: gbdm07 ~~~
GLH-1980s

Postby Armand Star » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:23 pm

Shebangs i understand your frustration but i don't agree with the statements you presented.

1) it is the top guilds's fault. if someone gets close to them, they keep pushing. whether the top guild wants the card or not, they always push whenever someone tries to get the top spots.

on this series of guild bosses, the top guilds often complain about how these bosses "aren't that good", they are not worth spending gems, and so on. and guess what: during the while series, i always see the same names at the top. those same guilds that complain about the reward not being great, those are the same guilds in the same 3 spots all the time. how on earth can you say is not their fault, while they themselves are the ones preventing anyone else from being in the top spots?

2) " The 7 star boss cards have the same skills just a little lower stats. That's not going to kill me."
but it would kill the top players, it seems. why else would they need to win all the time? if a slight change in stats wasn't so important, why can't they just score 50k? they can split in 3-4 guilds each, have everyone do their 50k, and everyone wins.

3) also speaking of top 10 in each guild:
having to move players around and create extra guilds would be unnecesary if there wasn't such limit. either way all members will get the card. why should we be forcedo to do that if a simple fix would make it unnecesary?
but i have another idea: increase the limit. make it so that only the top player of each guild gets the card. that's right: only top 1
it shouldn't be a problem because everyone can easily make their own guild and move there for the war. see what's wrong here?

besides, having more guilds will consume more space on the server, which i'm sure contributes to a more laggy experience.

i'll say it again: let's not be selfish. i repeat: out of thousands of players, only 30 are allowed a 8* boss
this is something GLH explained better:

GLH-1980s wrote:I for one find it bs that the only folks that aquire the 8* GW boss card drop way to much bank while the rest of us push to obtain the 7* card.

^ my first point. they always $ to prevent anyone else from catching up, whether they actually care about the reward or not.

anyway, what i wanted to quote is this:
GLH-1980s wrote:The only reason I am writing this is because it seems like because the top 3 achieve the 8* card and want to move onto new GW bosses.

i didn't want to say this, but before i wrote my post, i talked to my guildmates, and this is exactly what some of them told me and wanted me to say:
the top guilds already have the 8* , and tha'ts why they want to move on. they don't want anyone else getting the cards, so they want to skip the recycle.
i find it hard to believe that the top guilds would be so scared of regular players, but my guild has very experienced and knowledgeable players, "good players", and i trust their judgment.
you said you are not in top 3, and i understand some players legitimately want to move on because of the new content, but still. please understant many players have the 7* boss, and most of them would like a chance to evolve them. only 30 players can evolve them in one go. everyone else needs the rotation

Shebangs, when you say is not the top guild's fault, all i can think of is that you actually mean "is my fault for not having more money than them"
anyway... you worry about not having new cards, but don't worry. if you read the announcements page you'll see the new expansion is about to be released in a few days, and will bring lots of new content, including new cards. so we all will get new stuff soon.
Armand Star

Postby Armand Star » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:42 pm

unrelated. can i join them if i wanted? from what i heard, all of them demand X ammount of donations every weekend, X minimum of score in wars, and who knows what else.
i don't want to feel like a soldier joining the army. i don't want to save all my epots and use them exclusively for mining, or save all my gems exclusively for wars.
when i play my game, i want to enjoy it. be able to use some pots to explore the maps, save gems for recruits or bonus cards, etc.

besides, even without requirements, i don't want to join someone obsessed with winning all the time. as i said, they often complain about these bosses being bad, and yet they have been in the top in all wars. if they dislike this series that much, they shouldn't even bother enrolling. but instead, they are there, again, preventing other guilds from getting there.
i don't want to work for someone like that
Armand Star

Postby Vee » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:20 am

+1 another guild war cycle.

Don't forget many players wanted mr shepherd dog they miss or just grow strong enough to get him. Many player have save gem and revive potion for 4 month till now and give up other gw card just want to get shepherd dog.

Beside... I doubt reason of cut off another gw cycle not only because player complain. Maybe I can see that next few war top 3 guild will break new score record... >5 mil point. Or they don't want to release more shepherd dog (as they think is overpower)...just saying ;-)
Vee

Postby NastyCloud » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:43 am

Armand Star wrote:unrelated. can i join them if i wanted? from what i heard, all of them demand X ammount of donations every weekend, X minimum of score in wars, and who knows what else.
i don't want to feel like a soldier joining the army. i don't want to save all my epots and use them exclusively for mining, or save all my gems exclusively for wars.
when i play my game, i want to enjoy it. be able to use some pots to explore the maps, save gems for recruits or bonus cards, etc.

besides, even without requirements, i don't want to join someone obsessed with winning all the time. as i said, they often complain about these bosses being bad, and yet they have been in the top in all wars. if they dislike this series that much, they shouldn't even bother enrolling. but instead, they are there, again, preventing other guilds from getting there.
i don't want to work for someone like that

You all worng my friend to ur statment....
I'm member at one of the 3 top guilds and this that u r thinking is way far from reality....

Of course the guild have demants from members. ALL guilds have demants no matter if u r in top 3 or top 50 guilds! I'm not gonna give informations about internal function on my guild, but believe me its all fun as a smaller guild.

The only different from a small guild is that all players are like the game more and like the competition as well more that you or some other players.
Eg. I want to benefit from shop lvl 9 so all players push to get ther. Is that wrong that we farm 24/7 at weekends? And believe me we have real lifes, wifes, friends, family & childen, going for walks, working and do all regular things as all the other common people.

Also mate as i can understand you dont like competition. Some people are able to spend more money and other not. This is the reality at our world anyway. So you have to face it. In the end of the day its just a game mate, so if you're happy to play it its ok, if not then just start thinking of a new one :)
Elite
NastyCloud

Postby Armand Star » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:00 pm

demands huh. i'm member of a pretty good guild, and the "demands" are basically just being active.
for war scores the requirement is less than 10k , easily doable the first 2 days just by playing normally without gems or skipping sleep.
donations are less than 1m and we can easily do that with 1 pot, or none if i mine actively.
my guild is pretty close to the top. i am inside top 50 and we never had demands high enough to frustrate our members

anyway, i realized i was wrong in something and i thought i should apologize: putting the top 3 together. top members have been complaining and i didn't bother to check which guild they were from. so if your guild had nothing to do with it, i'm sorry.

now, as for the ones that did complain... after shepherd dog they constantly complained about the rest of the bosses not being good enough for them, and yet i saw the same names at the top on every war. they insist on staying there even though they don't want the reward, and that is why i say they are obsessed with winning.
if your guild legitimately fought for the boss cards, i'm sorry. my posts are aimed at those players that come here (and other outside chats) to complain about the cards but fight for them anyway

now, to clarify some things:

farming 24/7 at wekends: is not wrong to do it if you want to. it is wrong if you're forced to.

i am not against competition itself. this game has limited ammount of rewards, so only x ammount of people gets them. what i am against is this: grabbing one of the limited prizes even though you don't want it, and by doing so you prevent someone else from getting it. someone that may actually want it. that is what i am against.
for example, if the prizes weren't limited, we wouldn't have this problem. if the game has 200 guilds and all of them had the chance to earn the 8* boss, it would be a healthy game, and everyone would be all up for competition, because then, the competition would truly be for fun

a few times i asked to remove the limit, someone else on here also asked to at least lower it. people have been against it, but so far i haven't gotten a satisfactory answer.

(btw, top players fight to win even when they don't want the reward, doesn't exactly sound like something fun. maybe they should start thinking of a new game? ;) )
just a thought.

funny, i am playing another game. the "wars" are monthly. the rewards are individual-ranking based and all the leagues are unlimited except for the Master league.
doesn't matter if a division has over 9000 players, if your score is good enough, you move up and get the prize without taking it away from someone else.
the Master league is the only one limited to top 100 , the reward for finishing there is a special pack with one of the earlier bosses, is the same reward every season so you can always try next time. you don't miss out on anything.
i am all up for competition. we even have our own clan and have a friendly war with one of the best guilds on there.

i'm up for competition, but i don't approve of grabbing a prize you don't want and prevent others from having it.
Armand Star

Postby NastyCloud » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:43 am

About the prizes i sugest in the past the same thing... Now if u play with clock u can collect around 70k gp. If they do for example 100k for the card, no matter if u'r in the first 10 of ur guild, its up to u to collect it or not. From the other hand i'm thinking if playmage do that, then it cant pushes as free game, because they force u to use gems for the cards.
Its huge conversation with no ending. So maybe if they rise up the 50k to eg 60k (its on free limits, but u have to play with clock) to erase the 10players limit. Just a thought....

About the demands now..... Of course none force you to farm all weekend! The demands are low enough to be able to suceed it with easy playing. I don't believe eg. 3 mill farming is huge. (I'm farming about 30mil each week) so 3 or 5 mils is not so much each week.

About the cards. Assume that a guild have 30 or more players. It is impossible that same card
Is useless for all of them. So it doesn't matter if one or two or even 10 persons from one of the top 3 guilds make complains. The rest want the card no matter.

Also about the wars... The first or second place at war it is tottaly irrelevant with the game. Its just a competition of guilds no matter if you got an extra card. Its the fun of competition and the legent you leaving in the game. Its fun to have eg elite or killing or any name first for 6 or 7 times in a row. Hope u can understand what i'm trying to tell here.

But anyway, as you told before all players must have an opportunity to make the 8* card, so this is the reason to make a 2nd cycle every card no matter if u want it or not. The game gives you the opportunity to havethe 8* card no matter you're in top 3 or not guild.

I hope i clear some of your questions here mate.
Elite
NastyCloud

Previous

Return to Dragon Era Discussion