Mafdet

Re: Mafdet

Postby Benjamin » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:26 am

I'm surprised at the resentment over this powerful card,

White is arguably the strongest color in the game.

Mafdet passive at 2.5x is significantly better than Priestess of Lights 2x it's not worth even bothering to compare the two as leaders.

It's active ability is also extremely useful, as a mono white team we'll now be able to tank big blasts from RB's and other bosses.

Mafdet leader, gretel, Kirin, faith (or white rb), white pino, mafdet helper. I'll be able to solo lvl 70 raid bosses with almost a 100% success (no revs), also will be able to steam roll past almost any advanced, regular, or time limited maps.

Also judging by the early guild war scores, this war is going to be a success for Playmage.
Benjamin

Postby Armand Star » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:51 am

players on top guilds complained about this card. it wasn't interesting, why should they spend on it, etc

and yet, here they are. in the rankings i can see the scores of the top 20 guilds, and as i expected, i see they did end up buying and spending gems after all.
score of 2 millions halfway into the war? i seriously doubt they did it for free.
Armand Star

Postby RavAnt » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:34 pm

I'm not saying this card is horrible, just that it misses the WOW factor that we have all come to expect after the dragon series. (A lower countdown timer would probably change my mind here.) I am in a guild currently in top 10 and only a few have spent any gems at this point, yet many are going to get scores allowing them to get this card. So it is possible to do it for free, if you have a team capable of a boss kill.

I will definitely try your mono team Benjamin. It does look promising.
Image ROCK STARS GUILD MEMBER
RavAnt

Postby Armand Star » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:51 pm

someone else here (not you) said it wasn't worth spending, or something like that (and this coming from one of the top guilds i believe)
and from what i see, they are spending quite a few on gems, the top 3 guilds seem like they are trying to best each other, with a 4th guild not too far behind.
and as i said, one of them scored over 2 million points in the middle of the war, and i seriously doubt they didn't spend any gems. even a small handful of gems wouldnt be enough for it. and the numbers keep rising.

all i'm saying is, it looks bad when someone complains about a reward not being worth it, and yet they fight for it anyway.
i'm not gonna say any names, but if you check the rankings, you can see the guilds and their score.

sure some people from those guilds might want mafdet, but if it was few people, they can perfectly well have 10 players scoring 50k and get her as individual reward. just have those players score 50k and be done with it.
if more than 10 people want her, maybe she wasn't so unimpressive after all
Armand Star

Postby Tasov » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:03 pm

Do not forget the competition/win factor that guild especially the top have they would spend gems for rank IMO even if they did not like the card
Tasov

Postby Armand Star » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:09 pm

then they can't say stuff like "why is this card worth spending a dime on" when we all know they are going to spend those dimes anyway
Armand Star

Postby Tasov » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:02 pm

It's really a nonissue anymore ,war is almost over. I'm not thrilled with the card but I put up enough points without using gems to get it. it will in my card list and I'm sure sooner or later I will use it. And I'm not gonna worry about what people say or what people do to get the card, it's there prerogative
Tasov

Postby admin » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:14 am

Honestly we thought the card would be pretty useful for many players, but there will always players who would be hoping for a even better card.

The next set of guild war bosses would likely to appease players looking for something new as the upcoming expansion (which we may submit to app stores next week) will allow us to create more new hybrid skills. The new set of bosses would be here soon if we decide to not recycle the current set (which we haven't decided just yet), so this may be your only chance to obtain this Mafdet card.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Tasov » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:49 am

Thank you administration, I would like to see the Shepherd dog available one more time, we appreciate all your efforts to try to please everyone but we know you can't
Tasov

Postby mistervista » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:56 am

The card itself is ok and I will personally find it useful but the biggest problem I have with all the guild wars is that you still haven't fixed the score issue. I've complained about it many times but it's still the same.
Yet again there have been several times where I have received more points for giving up and not killing it than I have for actually killing it which is ridiculous.
Earlier I used 2 revives because an attack was almost ready and I killed it but only get 1294 points. I may aswell have saved those revives and just quit because I've had 1297 before for not killing it!
You said last war it was because of the way the formula works or something. If that is the case then the formula needs fixing or scrapping because it's obviously broken. If we kill it we should be guaranteed a bonus and should always score more points than for not doing so. That's just common sense.
mistervista

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion