Guild War rerun??

Re: Guild War rerun??

Postby Benjamin » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:38 am

I agree I'm tired of the incessant whining, pretty much everything is free in this game already how is PM going to turn a profit? As a player in a top guild that has won the last seven guild wars its becoming more difficult to be incentivized to spend.

I'm sad to see the same guild war cards recycled, I hope this decision was made based on other factors besides people complaining about not being powerful enough to acquire the cards the first time.

I do agree that everyone should have chance to get the 7* GW card, most mid tier players will have to burn gems to get the card, and gem burn rate is bottom line for PM so question is whether or not players spend more to compete in house to get 7* or spend more by disbanding.
Benjamin

Postby Armand Star » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:29 am

considering the fact that the top spots are always taken by the same guilds, with maybe the ocassional jump from one of the other tops:

if boss cards were exclusive to top guilds, maybe the top 6 or so guilds will attempt to win the war. but for every other guild? anyone outside the higher guilds wouldn't bother. and since they don't have a chance at earning the boss, they won't bother buying gems, so in the end Playmage also loses.

think about this: my guild is top 50, top 20, or maybe even top 10. if we can't earn the boss, we won't bother with the war, and obviously we won't bother buying gems. now imagine how much of a loss it would be if only the top 10 guilds bought gems?

Playmage can take the bosses away from the rest and make them exclusively top3 guild rewards, but is also bad business for them

Benjamin is funny that you ask how are they going to make profits. if boss cards are accessible to everyone that can score 50k points, everyone will be buying gems to reach the score. i could be in a top 500 guild and i would still buy gems. my guildmates would buy gems. most mid-level players would buy gems.
(and how ironic that someone from a top guild is tired of whining, considering that during this cycle, top players constantly complained about the boss cards that weren't shepard)

now, back to my previous point:
as a matter of fact, the top guilds already have the boss cards (and are the only ones that have the evolved version), but even then, i expect they will still want to stay at the top on all of the recycle wars anyway, isn't that right?
Armand Star

Postby Benjamin » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:25 pm

I think you missed my point Armand, everyone has opportunity to get 7* boss card, question is does PM generate more money if players need to compete among other guild mates to be top 10, or would PM benefit from allowing everyone 7* boss card without requiring players to form new guilds for guild war.

These guild bosses have been made fairly easy (with exception of last two) so it's not hard to reach 50K without using gems. It's not a given that everyone will be buying gems to reach the score, considering how weak some of the boss cards are I guarantee that is not true.

Of course every guild would like to come out on top every guild war. The question is at what price. In my case not very much since I already own 8* of these gw bosses.
Benjamin

Postby Armand Star » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:14 pm

oh sorry, i forgot to say the first part was directed at zoot.

anyway, during this cycle i was in a guild with strong players. a few of my guildmates could afford to make top 10 if they bought gems, but the other members were stronger, and they knew they wouldn't make top 10, so they didn't buy gems.
is simple: they could make 50k with gems, but since they knew they would end outside of top 10, they didn't

is also not a given that players can check the game every 3 hours. is not that hard to reach 50k for free when you can check your game right on every refresh, but most players will miss some, and will need gems to make up for the lost time
Armand Star

Postby Shebangs » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:41 pm

It's not supposed to be easy Armand! Everyone shouldn't be able to get the boss card. Even right now as it is set up everyone has a chance to get a 7 star boss card. And yes all it takes is gems to get the 50k. I don't care how bad your team is. if you bought enough gems you'll eventually get to 50k. And if you don't check the game every 3 hours to hit that's your problem. why should you get rewarded because you don't play as much as other people or you don't spend as much as other people? You have got to be one of those parents that think their kids should get trophies for just showing up and coming in last place. It's absolutely ridiculous to think that, because you didn't have a good enough team last time around that it should automatically come around again. It's not like everyone started playing this game at exact same time. People that started yesterday are going to start complaining about not having a team good enough to get Shepard dog. This will go on forever. And if you don't want to spend gems to get a card that's fine. Just remember that you had a chance to get it. Seriously stop whining about it.
ImmortaL
Shebangs

Postby Armand Star » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:21 pm

i am not whining about 50k being too hard (and in fact, every since i got my first gw boss i have earned all of them)
i am simply saying that a good ammount of the playerbase will end up buying gems to get there. i am not saying 50k is easy, hard, and i never asked to lower it. i never whined about it
Armand Star

Previous

Return to Dragon Era Discussion