Guild War rerun??

Re: Guild War rerun??

Postby Armand Star » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:03 am

yes, a guild war is supposed to be a war between guilds.

as i said, the current system promotes quite the opposite: leaving guilds. since only 10 players can earn the boss card, this system promotes having 10 players in different guilds.
the current system only promotes proper guild wars between the guilds that are very close to the top. for any other guild, the system promotes dividing guilds into subguilds with 10 players each.
the competition you have in mind, only applies to the guilds that are very close to the top.

also, consider the fact that the same guilds are on the top on every war. which further reduces the ammount of players that can earn the boss cards

people are leaving their guilds and making their own, or at the very least one guild is divided into 2 or 3 guilds.
also, from a post above i also see players are being booted from their guilds.

PM, you want guild wars to be proper guild wars. the fact that people are leaving their guilds and guilds are being divided during war week, it should tell you something is wrong

this is regarding individual rewards. guild rewards are even worse since only 3 guilds can earn them, and on every war they are earned by the same 3 guilds.
no other guild ever bothers going for it except the ones close to them.
since guild rewards are out of the question, we're left with individual rewards. and since individual rewards are also limited, it promotes guild division. which in turn promotes the opposite of proper guild wars
Armand Star

Postby Jeremywa3 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:40 am

Amen Armand..PM this is a huge problem that you need to evaluate and do something about. This so called EXPANSION. It wasn't very much at all if you ask me. Please look at how big this subject is to your players who invest a ton of time into your game that we want to keep playing.
Jeremywa3

Postby CloudStrife11 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:02 pm

Jeremywa3 wrote:Amen Armand..PM this is a huge problem that you need to evaluate and do something about. This so called EXPANSION. It wasn't very much at all if you ask me. Please look at how big this subject is to your players who invest a ton of time into your game that we want to keep playing.

This is a very big reason I don't recruit up with a big name guild and keep to the guild I made with just my fiance' and I. I am level 140 and don't have a guild war boss card yet (waiting on this rerun for the good ones) . If I were to get 50k finally and was in a guild with more than 10 people and I ended up not getting the card after all that time, money, and effort I am pretty sure I would just quit playing entirely :(
Cloud
i67e3m
Lord Jefferson Guild
CloudStrife11

Postby ggggt » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:46 pm

Thank you for deciding to rerun these bosses. I was really worried I'd never see shepherd or ferret. I really appreciate this decision . As for the other stuff, yeah it's annoying splitting a guild. We all do what we have to do though. I stayed in a low guild for my first 9 months on this game just so no one would compete with me for the 5 star cards at 2000 points lol. Had to wait months to evolve them to 6 star. Months in a boring inactive guild. This game takes a lot of patience and nothing is going to change over night. I agree we shouldn't have to draw straws with our guild mates to see who gets the boss. Why not compromise and make the card available to half the member limit of your guild? Or do you want a bunch of low temporary guilds crowding your server space?
ggggt

Postby Armand Star » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:51 pm

the issue is that there's always going to be someone left behind.

imagine this: let's say i'm in an awesome guild and all of us can score a million points. it doesn't matter that all of us scored a million each, it doesn't matter how much we score, there will always be people that didn't get the card.

increasing the limit to 15 would make it more bearable but won't solve the problem since we would still split.

note: at my current guild level (38) the guild has capacity for 33 players. if the reward limit was increased to 15 or even 20, higher level guilds would still have to split
Armand Star

Postby pmsupport » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:02 pm

Hi all, thanks for the feedback.
Armand Star wrote:the issue is that there's always going to be someone left behind.

imagine this: let's say i'm in an awesome guild and all of us can score a million points. it doesn't matter that all of us scored a million each, it doesn't matter how much we score, there will always be people that didn't get the card.

increasing the limit to 15 would make it more bearable but won't solve the problem since we would still split.

That's the problem. Players will keep asking us to expand the reward limit until it covers the whole guild. The guild war boss cards are supposed to be issued to a small percentage of top players in game as trophies. When every one has the guild war card, its meaning of being a war trophy will be devalued. Anyway, I have forwarded your feedback to the team.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby Armand Star » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:10 pm

i know, and i'm sorry for bothering you so much.
but as i explained, covering the whole guild was precisely the idea. what i said is true: if it does not cover the whole guild, the guild will split up, which defeats the purpose of being a guild. even if the boss card is rewarded to 32 players, there would still be one player that has to move to another guild. that's what i was looking to change.

and hey, it would still be a war trophy. you still need to score 50,000 points in the war, to score that high you need to spend $ or play every 3 hours for the whole week almost without missing a single fight. it might be accessible to everyone but you still have to fight for it.

anyway, thanks for forwarding it to the team.
Armand Star

Postby Skitter » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:22 pm

Can I assume enrollment begins on Saturday Aug. 29th and GW begins on Sat. Sept. 5th?
Skitter

Postby pmsupport » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:49 pm

Hi Skitter, yes, the guild war enrollment begins on August 29th and the war begins on September 5th.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby Jeremywa3 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:43 am

It's more than just a trophy at this point if Yall are actually listening to what we have all said. You are causing GUILDS TO BE SPLIT. The whole point in a GUILD is to who have a team....CORRECT? So if we are having to split it up to obtain your said "Trophy", then what is the point in A Guild or War? At that point which I guess is your goal is that a ton of people play the game but all in groups of ten unless you don't care for the boss card which isn't ever the case. I hope you at least do what I asked in putting yourselves in our shoes. At least meet us half way and whatever your guild max is let's say 32 members then half of your guild is eligible so 16 members if they can reach 50k get the boss card. I think you will lose less people playing the game and make wars and Dragon Era more competitive plus more attractive. Your call as always but listening to your players goes a LONG way. Thanks for listening in advance. :)
Jeremywa3

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion