Bad Luck...

Bad Luck...

Postby ggggt » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:45 pm

Is there any chance at all that people will stop complaining that the game is broken because they are having a bit of bad luck? This game is a gamble. You can play the same level 1000 times and never get that gold chest you wanted. Unlikely? Sure, but it is possible. I've played this game for a year and half and would not consider myself lucky. Sometimes miracles happen and you clear the map and get the bonus card on the first try. Sometimes you play the same map over and over and give up in frustration. Everything is random! I've gotten 4 fricken werewolves from 200 gem recruits. I don't need anymore werewolves. I'm still going to do a gem recruit and risk getting another werewolf though...
Sometimes when you gamble, you lose. Actually most of the time you lose. And then maybe once in awhile you win and you're happy again. Until the next time you lose. So if gambling is too stressful for you perhaps you should take a good look at yourself and consider quitting. Gambling is a horrible addiction and it's even worse seeing how much you all clearly don't enjoy doing it anyhow.
Alright now is the part where you tell me how wrong I am. Please use as many unkind words as possible haha
ggggt

Re: Bad Luck...

Postby Armand Star » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:48 pm

and this my friends is the gambler's way
funny, just a few hours ago i also made a post about luck in another forum

hint: that's why i go hard on raid bosses and bonus maps since their first day.
this is the way of the gambler: you won't always win
Armand Star

Postby CloudStrife11 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:20 pm

Welcome to the world of micro pay games, I only wish I could evolve the 100 cat thieves I've gotten to 15 star by now lol
Cloud
i67e3m
Lord Jefferson Guild
CloudStrife11

Postby ggggt » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:11 am

Evolve them all to 7 star and skill up cat burglar 4 times man! It's the only card in the game with wild chance 2! You'll be unstoppable bwahaha!!!
ggggt

Postby NastyCloud » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:49 am

ggggt i agree with you, but not totally... and i'll explain why....
the most ppl complains was about the lvling procedure with 90% chance (that changed now to 100%) and after that the complains focus on epot and rpots on shop, plus gold chests on bonus maps basically..... so lets focus on those 3 areas.

Leveling
Say that eg. a person want to skill leveling Hayyel so he need the green imps. Note that the bonus stage is up for 15 days. To collect approx 50 imps 4* you need to play all day (approx 14 to 16 hours per day) minus the weekends (suppose that you mining coins that time). So basically it is 11 days x 14 to 16 hours per day to collect them. Trust me you need that time to collect them with normal luck collecting those precious gold chests. So you need to spend 11 days of your life devoted to that think. So you need to collect approx 50 green shells and 100 coins to do that. So after all of that and 11 days with no personal life, you go with 6 cards skilling and you fail because of the 90% !!! Tragic !!! Try 2nd time and guess what? You fail again !!! It the time you want to smash you device, take the gun and shoot all playmage team :lol:
Keep on mind that you killing raid bosses and collect groups of 6 cards 7* to give a lvl up and shame thing happen again, because of the 90%
Is the time that the game stops to be a happy habit and getting annoying.
It is absolutely normal to fell unfair on that point and start complaining to playmage.... It is almost ironic that the answer you may take it is a bad luck.... :)

Seriously now... if you put down all the statistics on some points you may be less that expected. eg. i was counting the lvling with 6 cards (before the 90% become 100% chance) and on around 60 lvling attempts, i have a bit less than 75%. And trust me the 60 attempts with 6 cards each it is not a small sample. Is was suppose to be around 90% but it was 75 ! I will understand if it was 87, 88 or 89% and not 90% but 75% is extremely low.

So we like it or not people was right to make complains about that. It is like your boss tell you, that you will work that month, but it is a 10% that you not gonna take your salary.... sound fair to you?

epots and rpots
People crying that have more than a month epots and rpots on the shops.... not totally true from my point of view. I'm sure that there are times that you loose one or more refreshes of the shop. Not saying that those was the times with epots on the shop, but it is impossible to watch them all. in 2-3 weeks with no good sleep (because you suppose to wake up every night and stop your sleep every 3 hours) it is normal that your health is going a bit down and you gonna lost one or more refresh. It is normal as well if you go out for drinks with friends and have a good hangover and sleep for 10 hours the next day..... please crying persons count that times as well and stop telling that you never lost not even one refresh!

From the other point of you epots and r pots have approx 1.5% (not sure, but i read that somewhere). I'll be generous and i'll give you 3 or maybe 5% chance to have a epot on shop. with 5% you gonna have (theoretically) on every 100 refreshes 5 times that you have epot on shop. Say that it is 50-50 the chance to have the x1 and the x2 epots.... but all want the x2 epots so none take the x1, to the rate is droped again to 2.5%..... hence on 100 refreshes you have 2.5 times (ok make it 3) to have the epots.
100 refreshes x 3 hours each is 13 days apporx for a chance to have 2 times epots on shop. It is absolutelly normal to have 4 times epots on one month and all of them to be in the same week. It is mathematical approved !!!!

Please note all the assumptions that we make before about the refreshes, hangovers, bad sleep, jobs, school (for some people), car driving ect ect and tell me again that it is impossible that you miss all those refreshes !!!!

No excuses for the people on that issue

ps. no excuses of players on level more that 130 complaining for epots.
ps 2. we all have to appreciate that playmage have epots on shop. Other games don't even have them as free/coin buy.....

gold chests

it is a similar situation just like 1st category, playing and playing all the time but not the correct chest. Playmage understand that levels with eg 50 energy need to play, the game must give better rate on the chests. it is not the same to spend 10 energy and 50 energy for a stage. You need epots, maybe some revives to have all the chests and finish it. After the update till now, as long as i saw at the bonus stages that is improved a lot ! Don't know if the same counts for story play stages as well.
Also another problem some people facing was some times they didn't take a gold chest after using all the coins with 5spin. And again yes it is mathematical approved, but still is annoying to wait 30 to 40 mins just to see a gold chest.

Didn't have the chance to play dragon maps to see if it is still the same or not after the update.

So summarizing ggggt i have to say that people it is good to complain. It is the only way the some problems will fade and the game will be fair enough for all of us.
It is not right to complaining all the time with no reason. I understand that and this is the point i agree with you. Most of the times the players are complaining with no reason and that must stops.

Also my opinion is that playmage HAVE TO STOP ASKING people if you like something in the game or not. eg. People start to complaining about clone card and they was correct. But same persons complaining about a gw card because they didn't like the skill of that card and force playmage to change it. That is bad! Playmage have to design the cards and with the plan they have for the future cards, thay must create the skills ect. It is not right from our point of view to ask to change a gw card. It is right only to ask to change a pre-paid card as clone.

That game is not gambling as you say ggggt. It is a strategy game with strategy rules applying on every more you made. From what card you'll skill up, to what team you're going to use on each stage.
That you call gambling is only the slot machine in the game, but it is ONLY GRAPHICS !!! The result is pre-set from the randomize algorithms running in the background. That you call "gamble" is only a graphic to see, a visualization of the algorithm,becasue if you see that time random numbers in your screen, probably you drop tha game in 3 minutes :)

The only word from English language is related to that game and gamble same time is that you call luck. And with luck it is the odd to have a good card on 50 gem recruit or not. If the algorithm will give you that you need or not. If you try to collect imps for 11 days is not luck mate.... its effort ! HUUUUUGE DIFFERENT between effort and luck......

If the game is a gambling game as you say, i'm sure that 50% of the players they will not allow to play that game because they be in an inappropriate age to do that. :P

So that's you're half right on your message mate. (My personal opinion.... i have be wrong as well ;) )
Elite
NastyCloud

Return to Dragon Era Discussion