Bonus map gold chest

Bonus map gold chest

Postby halfpint_s » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:00 am

The drop rate of the bonus maps for gold chests is shockingly shit it's not been this bad
They seriously need to sort this out
halfpint_s

Re: Bonus map gold chest

Postby mistervista » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:17 am

Agreed, they are much much lower on the new maps than they have ever been since the game began. It wouldn't be the first time they've made an error in the coding. A fix would be nice.
mistervista

Postby thievingsquirrel » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:53 pm

I agree gold chests aren't showing up often for me either.

*Making it a bit more clearer. With the amount of revives I have burnt through I am surprised that I have been unable to get the first gold chest but have been able to get about 6 Snow Queens throughout.
Last edited by thievingsquirrel on Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Postby pmsupport » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:36 pm

Hi all, the drop rates of the 2 gold chests are the same as that of the previous corresponding stages that have two boss cards dropping. In hell stage, the 1st gold chest has the same drop rate as the 2nd gold chest as they are both boss cards. In the previous stages that only drop one boss card, the 1st gold chest has a much higher rate to drop as it's not a boss card. But I will ask the QA team to test it again.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby ggggt » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:52 pm

On every map since apocalypse 2 I've gotten all the cards by day 2 or 3. Can't imagine the drop rate is that bad...
I Don't consider myself to be all that lucky but then again I'm Irish lol
ggggt

Postby Hypernova » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:36 am

ggggt wrote:On every map since apocalypse 2 I've gotten all the cards by day 2 or 3. Can't imagine the drop rate is that bad...

you need a rabbit's foot or catch a leprechaun before attempting the map. good luck.
Hypernova

Postby mistervista » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:13 am

ggggt wrote:On every map since apocalypse 2 I've gotten all the cards by day 2 or 3. Can't imagine the drop rate is that bad...

You have indeed been incredibly lucky. I've farmed it all weekend without having a single gold chest at times, that itself indicates that the drop rate is way too low. After almost 2 years playing the game I can tell when something has drastically changed!
mistervista

Postby didak » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:54 am

Correct me if Im wrong but are the gold chests not meant to be a rare drop or at least a harder drop than the brown ones? Also if the drop rate is independent for each spin (ie x% chance of brown and y% chance of gold) should it not matter how often or not you get a gold chest... so long as you get y% chance (whether its 1% or 40%)

In saying this Ive got no problems with bonus map drop rate. Theres been times on all stages of bonus map Ive got 3, 2 , 1 or no gold chests and so be it. Two runs of Hell for both gold is all it took maybe 20 runs will be needed for someone else or maybe it is an error and Im extremely lucky :-)
didak

Postby Browncoat » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:58 am

If it makes you all feel better, I just got 5 gold chest drops on hell, then landed the bonus card.
Browncoat

Postby Benjamin » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:18 am

Are you making sure you're getting all 6 chests out of each run?

It's a well observed fact that if you go many spins without a chest drop the next chest drop will likely be gold. This seems to happen more frequently with the 4th or 5th chest drop.

To my knowledge PM has never explained drop mechanics but I am sure the drop rate is not independent for each spin.

I believe that the color of each chest drop is predetermined when starting the map, also the probability of that chest to drop. You may start a map get 3 brown chests after 10 spins, spin 150 times and get a gold, then spin 5 more times and get another brown.

So for example in a standard map, 5 chests will drop + the bonus chest for completing the stage.

Chest one 1/50 chance of gold
chest two 1/40, chance of gold
chest three 1/30, chance of gold
chest four 1/30, chance of gold
chest five 1/20, chance of gold
Bonus chest 1/50, chance of gold

then once the chest colors have been determined there's a spin probability assigned to each chest, the spin probability of the gold chests tend to be much lower, because of this you may need many spins before the gold chests will drop. I've seen situations in the past where hours went by spinning before the gold finally dropped.

The total drop rate for gold was about 17% (for time limited maps), this might be lower now since first gold chest drop rates been lowered with new maps.

Again these numbers aren't exact and is based solely on my own experience farming these maps for many hours
Benjamin

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion