New Guild War Ranking System

Re: New Guild War Ranking System

Postby gggg » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:56 am

Hi NastyCloud

That is why will need to make changes so we don't have to run the same cards 2 times.
If you think the same money will be spent on the war by the top 4 team's this time I think you will be wrong.
Making it top 15 now will get pm more money adding more competition for team's outside the top 3 will also bring in more money for pm .
For people just to say it won't are narrow minded or some might not like the possibility of competition.
The game has been going for 2 years now the time is right to a chance even if it is a 1 off to see what happens people just can't be negative all the time.
I'm in SR we had players with big scores and wanted the boss and missed out but that's the chance you take but do you continue to take that chance with the big scores that were posted or do you leave and take the cheaper option.

Give it a chance and the game will grow.
gggg

Postby Shebangs » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:52 am

Yeah NastyCloud I agree that your idea is better if they want to continue cycling each card through twice. My idea was aimed more at the fact that they could get rid of the 2nd cycle and bring up new cards. which in turn would still make them the same, if not more, amount of money because no one will be taking wars off. Those people that get the 8* card won't have another chance to get it so they will score that many points every war if they want the card.
ImmortaL
Shebangs

Postby Armand Star » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:42 pm

soo, i' like the "use your points to buy" system

for example, let's look at individual rewards:
i need to score 50,000 points to obtain fetter (gw boss)
i need to score 20,000 points to obtain the 5* poseidon
i need to score 2,000 points to obtain the 3* water fairy

sooo, let's say at the end of the war i finished with 80,000 points. when the war ends, the war section would act like the shop: with the gw points i earned, i could choose to spend 50,000 to get the gw boss, and i'd still have 30,000 points to buy a poseidon or whatever else i can afford. or spend 40,000 on two poseidons and not buy the boss, etc.

maybe i could score 2 million points and choose to spend them all on buying a thousand fairies :lol:

now seriously, the idea sounds reasonable, and it promotes earning gw points, which also boosts player activity and sales

i do't think it can be implemented on this war because it already started, but maybe we could start on the next one?
sounds good?
Armand Star

Postby Browncoat » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:25 am

I would totally spend more to get the ferret and poseidon.

right now i'm thinking about spending LESS to get poseidon instead of the ferret.
Browncoat

Postby mistervista » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:34 pm

Armand Star wrote:soo, i' like the "use your points to buy" system

for example, let's look at individual rewards:
i need to score 50,000 points to obtain fetter (gw boss)
i need to score 20,000 points to obtain the 5* poseidon
i need to score 2,000 points to obtain the 3* water fairy

sooo, let's say at the end of the war i finished with 80,000 points. when the war ends, the war section would act like the shop: with the gw points i earned, i could choose to spend 50,000 to get the gw boss, and i'd still have 30,000 points to buy a poseidon or whatever else i can afford. or spend 40,000 on two poseidons and not buy the boss, etc.

maybe i could score 2 million points and choose to spend them all on buying a thousand fairies :lol:

now seriously, the idea sounds reasonable, and it promotes earning gw points, which also boosts player activity and sales

i do't think it can be implemented on this war because it already started, but maybe we could start on the next one?
sounds good?

That's a great idea that could both inject a much needed spark into the Guild wars and generate more revenue for Playmage at the same time.
mistervista

Postby admin » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:21 pm

I can forward this idea to the design team, but I can pretty much tell that this would be quite big change and would require a big update and quite significant amount of time, and the top reward (guild war card) will obviously be limited to one redeem per player per war for obvious reasons. Also, possibly all of the rewards be limited to 1 for same reason why guild shop makes rare+ cards limited to 1. The two redeem pass cycles of guild points (or two different point system) can also be confusing to players as well. and If we make players redeem points earned during the war first for reward cards and left over going into the guild shop point redeem fund, then it would be harsh change to most players.

Anyways, if desire of a lower card is really the main issue here. The better alternate solution is that we can just take support requests to lower guild reward card for players for those who earned a higher reward card but want a lower one. Starting with this war, players can email us at support@playmage.com with following information:

- 6 letter/digit game code (menu->friendship-search)
- current exact gem and coin balance
- current exact revive and energy potion balance
- guild war reward card earned
- desired lower reward card

If we feel the support request volume is high enough, we could make this trade-in mechanism automated this in the future.
admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Dragon Era Discussion