new wonderland map

Re: new wonderland map

Postby pmsupport » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:56 pm

Hi all, I will forward the information to the QA team to test the drop rates again. I will also forward your feedback to the team but the drop rate of the 2nd gold chest of the insane stage might not be changed as it has always been the same number.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby Armand Star » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:01 pm

ok, time for some input from a lucky player

for a while now i have managed to get the boss cards on the bonus maps (without having to spend an insane ammount of energy)
for me it wasn't that impossible to get the 7* bosses, the real grind was the 8* versions.
on this wonderland rerun i already got Hansel from the insane map (having the map for one day and using 1 or 2 pots, yes i am that lucky)

(my worse grind so far was getting Karen from hell map. almost ran out of time and used many many pots but in the end i did get her on the last couple of days.
also missed the 8* dorothy, but only because i wasn't good enough to complete hell at the time)

so yeah, i have no problem with the current %
but looking at the forum i always see unlucky people that spend who knows how many energy potions, play almost 24/7 , and never hit the gold

so, i think it would be a good idea to... test the drop rates again? no, there's no need to test the drop rates, because they work as intended. and this is what i'm going to suggest today:
increase the % of gold chests

the drop rates are intended to be very low. the drop rates work as intented, so there is no need to test them.
what the players need is increased odds.
now, i understand boss cards aren't supposed to be easy to earn, so i'm going to focus on some suggestions i have read before:

1) increase the drop rate for gold chests, and increase the map's difficulty. this way, the boss card is still not easy to earn, because the map itself won't be easy to finish in the first place.

2) guaranteed gold chest after X number of tries. let's say i completed the insane map 99 times and i still don't have the gold chest. you could make the boss chest appear once every 100 runs

personally, option 1 would hurt me since i'm already lucky on drops and for me the hell maps are hard enough as it is (not to mention i need revives for those and i dont have many) but i think this option would benefit a lot of unlucky players
on the other hand, i think option 2 would be the most beneficial for the most players. whoever spends enough time on the maps will eventually have a guaranteed drop.
Armand Star

Postby CloudStrife11 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:09 pm

As a person who also is incredibly lucky. Lucky as in last wonderland I cleared insane in 6 tries. Also, be it glitch or something, my fiance and I both cleared insane in the first two runs, one gold each run, on the first day. I cannot imagine the fury I would feel after running these maps even any more than 10 times which is why I agree the above option 2 would quell some hostility from people wasting serious resources for nothing.
Cloud
i67e3m
Lord Jefferson Guild
CloudStrife11

Postby pmsupport » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:22 am

Hi Armand Star & CloudStrife11, thanks for the suggestions.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby NastyCloud » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:58 am

Just to be clear it up.

I don't feel unlucky. Most of the times clear the stages with max 5 to 10 runs. It is totally normal. I don't expect to win the gold chest from 1st run. I was the one that saying that the lucky/unlucky it is on the game statistics and it is totally fair for every one. I was supporting the pm and not the players, but same time i said that they need to fix the drop rates.

I propose in the past ( if you need the reference i can search it) to have a max numbers of runs before take a gold chest. From a point and after it is ridiculous to try.

Also pm give a chance to skill up cards like pinnos on that set of maps. Yesterday i played the difficult autopsin from the point that the map came out, and for 14 hours continuously. The result was i had 5 pinos on my card list. And that is the point that pm must change.... If i get less than 6 cards on 14 hours !!!! what is the point to play the stage? The effort and the energy pots to get them are more than the possibility to use a revive on a stage of light pino is not ready to use....

All that time this is the issue and not to test the rates. Armand Star had a good point here.

It is crazy to play 14 hours in a raw the same stage, (every time 5+1 chest), over 150 runs, around 35 to 40 energy pots, and the result to be 5 light pinos !!!

Or the rates must fixed or the skilling process must be easier. (1 card 33%, 2 cards 66% 3 card 100% or something) .... that will ruin other balances of course so its better to fix the drop rates.

At least had hard to get the gold chest for 1st time, but when you get it one time, then to be easier to get it a 2nd or a 3rd time to have a reason to try for skilling up cards.....
Elite
NastyCloud

Postby pmsupport » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:26 am

Hi NastyCloud, your feedback will be forwarded. It's been confirmed that the drop rate of the 2nd gold chest is set up relatively lower to encourage the players to challenge the hell stage.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby NastyCloud » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:51 am

I can understand that you want players to go over and over for hell stage, BUT.... there is a big but....

If you're talking about insane 2nd gold chest (its not cleared if u talk about insane or diff) there are players that can't clear the hell stage, so you disqualify those persons.

If you're talking about difficult 2nd gold (aka light pino) no matter how hard is to take him, most of the payers are focus on that one.

The solutions on that?.... put pino and new light 7* card (or gretel) as the two gold chests, or put the pino as a brown one on hell stage.

I can feel your concern and its absolutely logical for the profits of your company, but i think some times you have to think out of the box. The design team must have normal account without unlimited gems/revives energy ect.... its the only way to feel the player. Eg. On that point of game the player need to fully skill the light pino no matter what other cards are on board. Trust me on that.
If you need ppl to play hell stage you must put pino on that as well to "trick" people to play hell for the pinos and for the new card as well.... On every single stage the meaning is totally different. Its a good effort for the design team with the new cards, but they are not strong enough to make the players be focused on that, plus as you said (if i understand correct) the 2nd gold on insane is on lower rate that usual.... all the mid players are stopping try to skill up because it is not possible to do that.

So you have to target on that group of players you want to focus... on the veterans or on new players... its huge discussion and your stats only tell the truth about that.

But in the end of the day, say that I agree with you that the 2nd gold of insane is difficult to take it, just to stop veterans skilling on insane but only in hell. Do you think that it is unreasonable to make a limit on how many runs to get 100% the chest? On insane you spend 40 energy for a run.... you can have lower the rate and same time say that on every 15 runs you get for sure a gold chest. That can made people avoid insane stage for farming, but give a fair chance to all of it to complete it.
Elite
NastyCloud

Postby RavenoftheBlack » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:16 pm

pmsupport wrote:Hi NastyCloud, your feedback will be forwarded. It's been confirmed that the drop rate of the 2nd gold chest is set up relatively lower to encourage the players to challenge the hell stage.

Wait, seriously? You're actually telling me that the odds for an easier stage were nerfed in order to try to get me to play a HARDER and MORE FRUSTRATING stage, to use even more energy potions, all for another completely random chance at getting a card that I need in multiples of 6 to be of any guaranteed use? When I tried to play the green Hell stage, it kicked my butt so hard I almost quit the game. With the water one, I decided to grind for blue pinos so that I could level up the one I already had, which is what I would like to do for this one. I skipped the red wonderland completely because I knew I had no reasonable chance at the bosses and I don't care about red Pinocchio. But the grinding for blue went relatively well. I burned through a ton of potions, sure, but it actually felt like I had a chance. Here, I'm up to 30 playthroughs with only three pinos, one of which was the stage bonus.

They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I'm starting to think I'm mad for continuing to play this game, because I keep expecting one of these gold chests (and I typically get at least one per run, sometimes as many as four) to reveal a gold Pinocchio, but it's only ever that insufferable Holy Bunny.

Speaking only for myself, someone admittedly frustrated with the whole game at this point, this news does not encourage me to play the hell level. It encourages me to give up on the special maps and just except that my gold pino will be stuck at a level 2.
RavenoftheBlack

Postby admin » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:42 am

What pmsupport meant is that they are relatively lower compared to the card's drop rate for the hell stage (which make sense), and not much lower even at that. There is no nerfing involved as the second gold chest for insane biweekly map has always been the same value.
admin
Site Admin

Postby ggggt » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:29 pm

I just want more chances to earn pinnos. I used over 100 pots to fully skill Catalina in the 2 weeks fire was up. I have no problem with the droprate but i have no pots for light pinnos. Hoping for a rerun of these maps if pots dont show up in my shop soon.
ggggt

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion