Arena bullcrud

Arena bullcrud

Postby TEDtheMUTINEER » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:29 pm

I would like to know why when i attack someone with the same exact card as myself, they beat me everytime? Seems to me 1 of 2 things should happen. 1. It should be ruled a tie, tiebreaker determines overall winner. 2. The attacker should win. With the reasoning that if im attacking i am actively playing the game and pursuing points. Its crap that i lose to someone with the exact lineup and all they have to do is....... nothing. Please explain the reasoning of ties automatically going to defending teams.
TEDtheMUTINEER

Re: Arena bullcrud

Postby Jorge » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:24 pm

Either:
Their lab bonuses > Your lab bonuses

Or:
Their lab bonuses = You lab bouses
Their luck > Your luck
Jorge

Postby TEDtheMUTINEER » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:22 pm

Jorge wrote:Either:
Their lab bonuses > Your lab bonuses

Or:
Their lab bonuses = You lab bouses
Their luck > Your luck

Lab bonuses shouldnt come in to play since arena is supposed to be player vs. player. Lab bonuses are a guild based bonus and therefore shouldnt have any affect on p vs. p. Also its not luck based when i face the same person 4 times with the same lineups and get identical results all 4 times....... so is something wrong with the mechanics here or something?
TEDtheMUTINEER

Postby pmsupport » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:15 pm

Hi TEDtheMUTINEER, the guild lab buff is also effective in Arena battles. Here is the rules of the arena:
"The overall attributes of the two opposing cards in each turn will be evaluated and compared. If a draw occurs in a single match-up, the result of this turn will be random. 3. The results of the 5 match-ups determine the final result; the one who wins most of the match-ups wins. If the battle ends in a draw, the challenger wins."

If you got identical results all 4 times, it's either the guild lab buff of your opponent is higher, or you have been extremely unlucky.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby TEDtheMUTINEER » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:16 am

pmsupport wrote:Hi TEDtheMUTINEER, the guild lab buff is also effective in Arena battles. Here is the rules of the arena:
"The overall attributes of the two opposing cards in each turn will be evaluated and compared. If a draw occurs in a single match-up, the result of this turn will be random.*******bull crap*****3. The results of the 5 match-ups determine the final result; the one who wins most of the match-ups wins. If the battle ends in a draw, the challenger wins."*****draws cant occur with an odd number*****

If you got identical results all 4 times, it's either the guild lab buff of your opponent is higher, or you have been extremely unlucky.

So it is NOT player vs player. Its player+guild vs player+guild. Maybe its just me but dont the top guilds have enough legs up that benefit them? Not only that but you didnt address my main concern. As an attacker I SHOULD have a leg up over a defender regardless of what guild they are in, as i am actively playing and all they have to do is sit there. Top guilds already have a decided advantage in every aspect of the game maybe its time to make an even playing field for 1 aspect of the game.
TEDtheMUTINEER

Postby mistervista » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:23 pm

TEDtheMUTINEER wrote:
pmsupport wrote:Hi TEDtheMUTINEER, the guild lab buff is also effective in Arena battles. Here is the rules of the arena:
"The overall attributes of the two opposing cards in each turn will be evaluated and compared. If a draw occurs in a single match-up, the result of this turn will be random.*******bull crap*****3. The results of the 5 match-ups determine the final result; the one who wins most of the match-ups wins. If the battle ends in a draw, the challenger wins."*****draws cant occur with an odd number*****

So it is NOT player vs player. Its player+guild vs player+guild. Maybe its just me but dont the top guilds have enough legs up that benefit them? Not only that but you didnt address my main concern. As an attacker I SHOULD have a leg up over a defender regardless of what guild they are in, as i am actively playing and all they have to do is sit there. Top guilds already have a decided advantage in every aspect of the game maybe its time to make an even playing field for 1 aspect of the game.

+1

I agree, the guild should have no bearing on it whatsoever, it should be based solely on the actual cards.
mistervista

Postby Shebangs » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:04 pm

I agree. The arena is messed up. A draw can never occur with 5 cards. So I'm not sure why that's even in the rules. If there even is such a thing as a draw with 5 cards I've never seen it and I've done the arena thousands of times. If two of the exact same cards are going against each other the challenger should win. period. Even if you put it at 50/50 which it's not right now that means that it is still left up to chance that you will win and not that fact that you have just as good of a card as your opponent.

Just an fyi for everyone... This entire game takes zero skill. It's all Time, Money, and Luck.

Getting chests to drop = luck.
Getting the right symbols to drop before you die = luck.
Arena = luck and lots of time.
Raid boss drops = luck.
Wheel of fortune = luck.
Guild Shop = luck.
Getting all the cards in a stage = time.
Coins on weekend mines = time.
Guild war boss card = time and money.
Time limited cards from recruits = money.
Miles rewards = money.

Zero skill or strategy other than setting up your team. So basically just come to the realization that when you don't get what you want it's because you have bad luck, not enough time, or you can't put in the money. Then the game will become more enjoyable.
ImmortaL
Shebangs

Postby Browncoat » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:14 pm

Shebangs wrote:I agree. The arena is messed up. A draw can never occur with 5 cards. So I'm not sure why that's even in the rules. If there even is such a thing as a draw with 5 cards I've never seen it and I've done the arena thousands of times.

You don't have to play 5 cards.
Browncoat

Postby Jorge » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:55 pm

The challenger already has the advantage of knowing the leader card of the opponent so long as he/she is ranked.

I personally believe that arena would be more interesting if there was more volatility involved in the card matchups. You could throw type matchups into the mix (even though this would favor dark/light cards over the rest) and since there are three stats (recovery, attack, HP), maybe come up with some sort of rock-paper-scissors factor that while not holding as much weight as the overall stats of the cards, it's still there. That'd keep even the best players on their toes. Granted, many top players won't want this because they'd rather be safe with the arena matchups. Admittedly I'm a relatively top facebook player and I would probably find it a bit annoying at first!

This entire game takes zero skill. It's all Time, Money, and Luck.
You have a long way since you start until you grasp everything there's to grasp in the game. But once you've been playing for very long and you've mastered everything, what you have left is improving your card availability rather than imporoving yourself. A lot of games are like that, you get the good cards by having time, patience, luck and maybe spending some money too. Still, managing your gems, pots, money and time, and using/spending them wisely in order to maximize your benefits does actually take some form of skill.
Jorge

Postby pmsupport » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:03 pm

Hi all, thanks for your feedback. When the two players both only put 4 cards in their competing teams because their command point limit and each of them has won 2 rounds, the draw occurs.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion