Blunderland of Light II

Blunderland of Light II

Postby Sigourney » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:03 pm

OK, im not new to the "eventually it'll drop" idea on these maps.......but this one is behaving VASTLY different.

So far, ive completed my 40th Wonderland of Light II Map, on Insane, I get all 6 chests, everytime...and never one gold.......EVER, i have Nothing to show for 1600 ep, that includes many energy potions.....

40 times guys........even if i were cursed with the worst luck....40 times....never seen it this bad....I should never be stuck on one map, that i complete, every time, with all 6 chests. There is something wrong with this drop rate....

Is ANYONE else having this issue....

40 times guys.........40
Sigourney

Re: Blunderland of Light II

Postby Armand Star » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:26 pm

there's always people with horrible luck on these maps.
the low odds have been discussed before and they remain low, so let me try something else:

if the admins don't want to increase odds maybe they would consider lowering the energy cost?
i am a high level player and even with over 100 energy, at full energy i can run the maps twice before i have to use energy potions. one potion equals to two runs on the insane/hell maps. (and correct me if i'm wrong but it doesn't look like at level 200 i will have enough energy to run the hell map thrice)
i can't imagine how much the unlucky players spend if they really do the maps almost 24/7
maybe if the energy cost for the higher maps was lowered a bit, or the guild shop had increased chance for energy potions during weekends

opinions?
Armand Star

Postby Sigourney » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:26 pm

As stated, im used to the "low output" of gold chests in insane/hell, but i have NEVER seen 40x run with not ONE gold chest...and to top it off, it gives me all 6 chests during each brief completion. Almost too quickly....i think there has been an error in drop rate on this particular map.
Sigourney

Postby Wendigo » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:39 pm

PM did state in another thread that the drop rates for these maps were unchanged :(
I was able to complete Insane and pick up 7 Pinocchios from Difficult before running out of my E-pot supply...it has been over 3 weeks since E-pots showed in my shop.
There definitely seems to be a game balance issue here between Drop Rates/ Map Cost/ E-Pots for sale.
Question- Does anyone know if the E-pot rate in the 7th level shop was dropped when they added the 8th level shop???
...talked to my guildmates and we used to see them at least once a week but now maybe only once a month :(
Wendigo

Postby thievingsquirrel » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:46 pm

No it's because of all the extra 4* cards that were added (E.g. pinocchios, satyrs and steel warriors)
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Postby RavenoftheBlack » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:15 pm

I'm up to 167 runs on difficult, farming for Pinos. I've gotten 29 of them. A 2.9% drop rate by chests. I have over 100 energy, too, so it's four runs per potion, so they're pretty well evaporating. Obviously, they're doing this to try to frustrate people into buying energy potions and revives, but I'm telling you right now, there's no way I'm venturing into insane or hell until I finish my Pino farming, and at this rate, it won't happen. I don't need any revives for Difficult. For insane, I would. So at least for me, their frustration plan is backfiring, because there's no way I get to the maps where I might buy something from them. And I've already decided that I'm not going to buy any energy potions from them. When I run out, that's has high as my Pino is getting. I'm not spending any more money on this game for "chances." If they're getting any of my money, it's only for sure things, and this game doesn't have a whole lot of those...
RavenoftheBlack

Postby Browncoat » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:02 am

It's very frustrating, but I sort of get it.

I think if you are farming pretty much constantly, you should be able to skill up a card with Full Heal once a week, so two total. I'm falling way short of this.

Insane should be a pain in the butt on the drops. It's a level that is hard, but achievable for mid level players. You WILL get the card if you try hard enough. But, you should not be able to skill it up.

Hell should be about skilling up your cards. It should take 2 weeks of hard work to do so.

Personally, I think Hell and Insane are ok. Difficult seems a bit stingy.
Browncoat

Postby Benjamin » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:46 am

I can tell you as a veteran player I don't even attempt completing insane. The drop rate of gold is too frustratingly low.
I farmed for pino's when the first wonderland maps were released, during that time you could get pino as a gold in hell. Farming this way was rewarding as you'd get frequent gold drops and the majority of the time they'd be a pino.

We have players in our guild that have acquired 120 Pinos from nonstop running Difficult. So I don't think anything needs to be done regarding this difficulty.

that being said,

PM should really consider improving the drop rate of golds in Insane, all its doing is frustrating newer/novice players. If you're concerned about power players farming the rare card too easily just make the drop rate proportionately less then the drop rate then hell but don't make it an order of magnitude more difficult.

The new 7* cards aren't very useful for high level/veteran players, (unless you put a ton of skills on them), let them be attainable to the novice/newer player base!
Benjamin

Postby Armand Star » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:42 am

Browncoat wrote:Insane should be a pain in the butt on the drops. It's a level that is hard, but achievable for mid level players. You WILL get the card if you try hard enough. But, you should not be able to skill it up.

why not?
Armand Star

Postby Sigourney » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:06 pm

OK....Here's the final numbers....Tell me if you see a discrepancy.

Wonderland of Light II

Insane
Clears #1-42 , (6/0)
Clear #43, (5/1)
Clears #44-52 (6/0)
Clear #53 (5/1)

Both Gold chests collected.

Hell
Clear # 1 (6/0)
Clear #2 (5/1)
Clear #3 (5/1)

Both gold chests collected.

Fun.....no, it stopped being "FUN" after blow over 2000+ ep on Insane.
I dont have "FUN" using all my guild points for energy potions that give virtually 0 reward.

How about a caveat, after 20 runs completing one tier of "whatever", you get the rewards on completion #21 by default.
Somehow, i think thats not even being generous, its just stopping the punishment of so called "bad luck"
I dont wish ANYONE to have to deal with 53 completed rounds of ANY difficulty to get 2 gold chests.......You call it bad luck, i call it bad programming.
Sigourney

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion