Blunderland of Light II

Re: Blunderland of Light II

Postby Browncoat » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:54 pm

Armand Star wrote:
Browncoat wrote:Insane should be a pain in the butt on the drops. It's a level that is hard, but achievable for mid level players. You WILL get the card if you try hard enough. But, you should not be able to skill it up.

why not?

There needs to be some separation between running insane and hell. In hell, drops should be common enough that with work you can skill it up. It shouldn't also be that way for insane.
Browncoat

Postby Armand Star » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:08 pm

there is enough separation on the difficulty of the maps.
i agree that hell should have better drops, and i agree that the drops on insane should be lower than hell but you make it sound like you want insane to drop the gold chest one time and then never again

i don't know about you but at level 160 and with good cards, i certainly need more epots and revives for the hell maps. the difficulty already makes a difference (not to mention the energy cost that adds up after a lot of runs)

any map should give chests if you "work hard enough". that's the point of working hard in the first place. if i farm a map 24/7 and spend thousands of pots and revives, why shouldn't i get the chests, regardless of what the map is?
by your logic, the difficult map should have even worse drops than insane, and you see how much people complain about how their pinos farming are going in that map
Last edited by Armand Star on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armand Star

Postby Ikuto_Tsukiyomi13 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:02 pm

So I am a recent player of the insane maps with this round of levels since getting a light pino from difficult, since then I have been able to complete the insane level. I have tried many many times to get gold chests from the insane which I have completed after 7 to 10 tries and to get more of the Hansel plus trying to farm the pinos in difficult. Every try I do in either I get the full 6 chests but not many gold ones in either, so far only gotten 2 Hansel and 4 light pinos and I want to skill level my pinos but I don't really see that happening anytime soon since I don't have any potions and haven't seen very many of them in the guild shop for awhile. A friend of mine who has tried the insane and difficult levels since the day the map started doing them several times a day is getting very and super frustrated since they haven't even completed either level and gets almost no gold chests. I have seen a drop in the rate of gold chests or if they do drop it's continually the same card you already have of the chests.
Ikuto_Tsukiyomi13

Postby Armand Star » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:43 pm

difficult maps and above already have low drops as it is. in case is not clear, what i was trying to say in my last post is:

i agree that increasing the drops on hell is acceptable
i disagree with lowering the odds on insane

even the difficult map already has low odds
Armand Star

Postby Browncoat » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:07 am

I don't think anyone's suggesting lowering the drops on insane.
Browncoat

Postby Ikuto_Tsukiyomi13 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:25 am

I understand that the insane level is not suppose to have a high drop rate for gold chests but since getting the 2 I needed in the level of both difficult and insane the gold chests have been pretty scarce in every attempt I do
Ikuto_Tsukiyomi13

Postby Armand Star » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:36 am

Browncoat wrote:Insane should be a pain in the butt on the drops. It's a level that is hard, but achievable for mid level players. You WILL get the card if you try hard enough. But, you should not be able to skill it up.

this, the part i quoted originally.
"you should not be able to skill the boss in insane", sounded like you are implying that insane drops should be so low they should only drop the gold chest one time, and then never again

sorry for the misunderstanding
Armand Star

Postby RavenoftheBlack » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:46 pm

Well, I finally got my last Pino. My final tally was 281 runs. That's 1686 chests to get 57 Light Pinocchios (I had one 5* and three 4* going into things.) I had to get 57 rather than 51 because for one set, I foolishly took a gamble and tried to skill them one at a time. Needless to say, each one failed, wasting the entire thing. That was my fault, though, risking a 15% skill chance when I had a 100%. Anyway, 57 divided by 1686 gives me a drop rate of 3.4%. I won't editorialize this number because I don't know what people would consider a "fair" drop at this level. I will merely say that while I'm glad I now have 1 fully skilled Enchanted Light Pinocchio and I think it will make my team stronger, I did not have any fun collecting them, and I largely do not feel like I accomplished anything.

But at least I left myself half a day to farm for gold...
RavenoftheBlack

Postby Endless » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:10 am

I have been playing insane... and only insane ( except for if I have 15 energy left, I'll run a difficult before using another energy potion an starting up on insane again ) since the night the light maps were released. I take the weekends off to mine for gold, but other than that, only insane. Over and over and over. I have gotten 4 gold chests period and all 4 were murlocks. I don't mind things being relatively difficult, but seriously, if I am playing insane and only insane every single day over and over and over I should be able to get the cards before the days run out. I see some other people here have been playing just as much as me without getting the cards and that is very irritating to me. It's taken me a very long time to get to the point where I can beat an insane map ( barely ) and it's very frustrating to be wasting all of this time and not even being able to get the cards. I know people keep saying the drop rates haven't changed, but damn, I've got some bad luck then.
Endless

Postby thievingsquirrel » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:02 am

I must be on a different game, I've run Hell 3 times, insane 4 times, difficult 3 times and normal twice to get all the chests. I run Difficult every once in a while and I've gotten pinocchios every 3 or so runs (even multiple), I currently have 6 pinocchios just from around 10 runs of difficult and that is all.
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion