Mileage Rewards switching today and last chance for Panzer!

Re: Mileage Rewards switching today and last chance for Panz

Postby pmsupport » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:10 pm

Hi all, thanks for your feedback about the Miles Rewards. The Miles Rewards are the complimentary part of the gem recruits though, not the main part. Thank you for your suggestions about making the advanced map challenging. Your ideas will be forwarded. The hell stages are designed for the top players and the guild war bosses should only be killed by the top players but if we design these stages too hard, players will think the game is not friendly to them.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby ThomasDE » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:19 pm

you do realize that the only reason most people do gem recruits is for the miles? Right???
ThomasDE

Postby ggggt » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:54 am

I do gem recruits hoping someday ill have an 8 star Catalina and Paladin bwahaha. One more of each to go...
ggggt

Postby Browncoat » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:28 pm

You want a challenge? Add a series of levels where the boss has a small chance of randomly hitting one of your cards with an ability that takes a skill point away. If you run out of skill points, it takes the card.

Bwauahahahaha

Would encourage players to skill their cards (and then reskill them, lol).
Browncoat

Postby Benjamin » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:23 am

I'm in complete agreement with Arc,

I'd strongly argue that the 12K and 15K cards are inferior compared to one of the easiest and most common 7*/8* cards in the game (current raid boss set)

That just doesn't make any sense to me, spending enough on gem recruits to rack up 15000 sailor miles and being rewarded with this abysmal offering.

Without any HP multiplier, used as a leader these two cards are virtually useless in all time limited maps, bonus maps, and story mode.
I've seen some success with using these cards as a leader in the current guild war, coupled with 2.5 hp/attack blue/green leader and quick strikers in middle you can probably do good against this current boss. Although there are other numerous options that prove at least as successful..

Used in the middle of the lineup is useless as you'd be much better off just using a future soldier, future soldiers have slightly more CP but are a significant improvement in almost every other aspect. Future soldiers are free and easy to obtain and skill.

So again I'm left scratching my head, gem recruits are a good way for a beginner to make the leap to an advanced player but offer absolutely no reward for an advanced player that has a few guild war boss cards at their disposal.

Also it's not like sailor miles reward cards have been weak before, some of the best cards in the game were in previous iterations.
Benjamin

Postby admin » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:20 am

They have the same active CD, and better leader skills, and slightly higher max 8-star attack compared to the raid boss. The only aspect the are "inferior" is that the instant attack multiplier is slightly lower in favor of 2-turns of symbol swapping. They are designed and will out-perform future soldiers, especially on a mono or dual element teams that takes advantage of the symbol changing effects.

After considering all the feedbacks, however, we do agree that should incentivize player further to acquire these cards, but HP multiplier is NOT the answer as these are designed to be purely attack cards. There are already many cards with HP/Attack multiplier bonus skills, so why create more of them? Instead, we have increased their symbol changing effect to FIVE symbols for two turns (so their combination active skills fully includes the horsemen's active skills).
admin
Site Admin

Postby Armand Star » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:30 pm

future soldiers are not easy to skill...

anyway, hp multipliers are given too much importance. at higher levels people use dual hp leaders to make it thru.
as a mid level player one of my favorite teams was death guard + healing, but for higher chapters seems the only way to play is with a hp multiplying leader along with another hp multiplier as assist

what i'm trying to say is, for the harder maps, leaders with hp multiplier are the only way to beat the maps

for raids: deathguard teams can't keep up on later levels, and other leader skills won't go very far

for guild war bosses there is more flexibility and more kinds of leader skills can be successful

if there was a way to give importance to other leader skills, or design maps in such a way that you don't necesarily have to use hp multipliers...
long story short: people want hp multiplier leader skills because they're the only leader skills that can clear the harder maps

then again... players also seem to assume every miles card has to be used as leader...
anyway, is still true that you absolutely need two hp multipliers for the hardest maps, or at least that's what it seems

deathguard and heal, or hp multiplier and heal, are leader combinations that work on the earlier maps, but later on they fall short
also, heal and a shield skill like the raid bosses's all shield
Armand Star

Postby Benjamin » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:31 pm

thanks admin, by that change alone I think this card went from mediocre to intriguing. Will be interesting to see what type of damage output can be done with a 5 symbol changer in the mix.
Benjamin

Postby arcthelad » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:35 pm

This raises two more issues: First, if I already have 1-2 fully skilled horsemen in almost every color, why do I need this miles card at all? The skill helped a little but not enough to get it. And the problem is I actually want it, but I just don't need it.

Second, the future soldiers are super easy to skill. In our guild (shameless plug for Arc The Lad Rocks), some people have FIVE fully skilled future soldiers of the same color!!! If you cannot skill your raid boss cards, you either need help knowing how or you need to join a guild that supports this endeavor. 8-)
arcthelad

Postby pmsupport » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:22 pm

Hi all, thanks for the feedback.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion