If it was a 2.5x Hp/Atk for dark/nature I would care
Cloud
i67e3m
Lord Jefferson Guild
CloudStrife11

Re: Guild War rerun to start sooner for Mafdet and Bastet

Postby Armand Star » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:02 am

best poison card in the game?
no really, i remember some people were against the recycle. i am glad we had that recycle. one of my strong teams uses two ferret spirits, and i'm lookig forward for another mafdet
i imagine there's people that want bastet, whether for evolve her, to have two copies, or they want her and didn't get her on the first run

there are only 2 poison cards i bother to use: snake spirit and bastet. other than these two the only other poison card anyone would use is the basic snake for its cheap CP cost

basic snake for cp
bastet for big poison
snake spirit for hp

i have all the current raid bosses evolved, but i don't ask for them to leave and start the next rotation already. i simply wait patiently till their cycle is over. why? because i know there's people out there that want them but don't have them yet, and they need the reruns.

same applies to this guild war rotation
Armand Star

Postby gggg » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:16 am

Do you have black Dragon queen that is a great poison card. If they run the 2 round in between new war cards may help break it up a bit. And next round may have a better poison card.
gggg

Postby CloudStrife11 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:55 am

I am very grateful for this re-run as I missed out either by starting playing too late, or assuming I didn't want the card due to lack of other cards to make a good team, but I am really excited for the future more so. All that money from paid players who have put in more than they should humanly possible for a game, myself included, should really make for some cool GW and other cards in the future. I see no problem expediting that future by a couple weeks. I know the vets here certainly wouldn't be annoyed by getting to new content to quell the boredom asap. If cards like Flora are the future, then that sounds great. Flora was my first 8* 2.5x atk/hp card and with that capability to have over 130k hp, there hasn't been a need for revives on the wonderland maps. Combined with gretel or other 2.5x atk card and a skilled healer, guild war bosses became a non issue, so if that is the future, the new cards sound like they should be pretty darned impressive.
Cloud
i67e3m
Lord Jefferson Guild
CloudStrife11

Postby TEDtheMUTINEER » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:10 am

Phr8 wrote:
Benjamin wrote:Actually TEDtheMUTINEER I disagree,

Being fiscally responsible early will lead to wealth later.

IMO, the only people who should be concerned about not having enough revive pots stored are the players very new to the game, or players not very dedicated.

thanks admin

+1

4-6 gameplay hours a day +10-14 hours grinding away on weekends for almost 2 years....... yea i should step up my dedication.....who needs family time and a job when they could dedicate themselves to 48 hour mining runs to get 100 revives a week. Sorry dont know what i was thinking
TEDtheMUTINEER

Postby mistervista » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:16 am

TEDtheMUTINEER wrote:
Phr8 wrote:

IMO, the only people who should be concerned about not having enough revive pots stored are the players very new to the game, or players not very dedicated.

thanks admin

+1

4-6 gameplay hours a day +10-14 hours grinding away on weekends for almost 2 years....... yea i should step up my dedication.....who needs family time and a job when they could dedicate themselves to 48 hour mining runs to get 100 revives a week. Sorry dont know what i was thinking

+1
mistervista

Postby Wendigo » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:41 am

TEDtheMUTINEER wrote:
Phr8 wrote:

thanks admin

+1

+1
Big deference between dedication and insanity.
Wendigo

Postby Benjamin » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:45 pm

TEDtheMUTINEER,

Yeah nice try, seemed to work on some

I wasn't referring to you but rather players having an issue with revive pots not showing in guild shop. Again if your one of these players then yes that is really sad based on your grinding.

That being said I'd like to know how much commitment players in your guild have that are having trouble building enough revives. To those players I suggest planning for the future as they have bigger issues then being concerned about an earlier start of guildwar.
Benjamin

Postby admin » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:48 pm

I rarely post this type of replies as any "business" reasoning/design will be viewed as developer greed, but I think something needs to be said here: If you don't have enough time to acquire enough revives, there is absolutely nothing wrong with buying revives during guild war with Gems you earned or purchased... You can also choose to go for every other guild war boss card if you don't have enough revives/gems and do not wish to (further) support the game by buying revives. These boss cards were never intended to be obtainable free every single time unless you have the best cards in the game. We are already seeing significant decline in total Gem purchases for the same player base size, as repeating contents at the slow rate allows majority of players to obtain all boss cards for free via earned potions. We need to start driving new contents faster to keep our top supporters and create incentive and trade-offs to make the game financially operable, so the game can continue acquire new players and become even better.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Armand Star » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:43 pm

that didn't sound so greedy. after all, free players are supposed to know resource management.
yeah. save those potions and don't feel forced to get every boss. skip one guild war and save those gems for the next.

i barely have any revives. i always have around 5 or 10 and i make sure to make them count.
in dark wonderland i had that many. i played a few rounds and got the frog. i could have keep going and try get the witch, but i chose to skip her and save my revives for other maps.
i skipped hell entirely.

hint: if you don't really want something, don't try to get it just for the sake of getting it. this applies to raids, gw bosses, maps, etc.
now if you're a collectionist and you want to have every card in a set... that's another story.

hint: gems also falls on resource management:
if you can afford to spend a bit $ and you know it'll be enough to get you the reward, go for it.
if you can afford half of that, buy it and skip the war, then on the next war buy the other half and go for that war.

unrelated:
seems this recycle had its downsides. but we have to remember the reason why we asked for the recycle in the first place: otherwise only 30 players in the whole game would be able to get the 8* versions. that's why the recycle is needed.
i'd prefer if we thought about other ways to get the second boss card, because how things are right now, we either keep having recycles, or only 30 players will have them

i'm looking forward to my second mafdet :P
Armand Star

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion