Dragons

Dragons

Postby Hypernova » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:23 am

Hi playmage,

Firstly I'd like to thank you for all the updates you have done to the game. It makes it challenging to get time limited cards yet not out of reach to the casual players like I am.

However, I would like to address an issue. I understand you introduced the dragon king/queens series to address players' concern that dragons are not all conquering in a game named "Dragon Era", hence the introduction of these guild war boss cards. Later on, you introduced dual element dragons which were great, but the command cost were a tad high. A year on into the game, dragons get obsolete again. Why do I say this? The introduction of new cards, such as the the Wonderland minion cards are even better than the 8* dragon cards despite only being 7* and un-evolvable.

Let's compare:
8* Master of the Light (dragon, balanced) - 1,388 hp, 1,333 atk, 450 rcvy, 20 cp, active skill deals 'HEAVY' light damage to all enemies at a cd of 25

7* Witch Hunter Hansel(human, balanced) - 1,321 hp, 1,106 atk, 492 rcvy, 20 cp, active skill deals 'GREAT' light damage to all enemies and makes the seal disappear 1 turn earlier at a cd of 20

I used to play Solomon insane using Rhoswen/Hayyel, 4 7* dragons of other elements. Now I use Dual Sheppard Dog, 3 7* Wonderland minion cards or other elements and a light pinocchio for the full heal. Both setups are good for Solomon insane undoubtedly, but I have since lost the desire to evolve my dragons as they are time costly and their active skills have longer cd.

Can I appeal to you to make dragons more desirable (maybe increase the stats, improve the active skills, reduce cd of 8* dragons etc) so that at least I can have more fun trying to evolve dragons to 8*?
Hypernova

Re: Dragons

Postby pmsupport » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:17 pm

Hi Hypernova, thanks for your feedback. Not that dragons aren't powerful, it's just that the guild war reward cards are a little more powerful than other cards because it's the ultimate reward of winning the guild wars and players have spent a lot of effort and money into getting it.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby Browncoat » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:24 am

That's not what he's talking about. He's comparing it to 7* Hansel, which is a time limited map reward. Not a guild war reward.
Browncoat

Postby Nitemare » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:26 pm

I do agree with OP. I have every dragon 7* 8* and Dual element. I feel like i wasted my time because I don't use any of them in any team because there are better normal cards. The game is called dragon era and yet 98% of all the dragons are worthless now. The exceptions are Kirin and the Dragon Queens and King.... All the others are worthless which I wish you would fix to make the time investment in evolving worthwhile.
Nitemare

Postby pmsupport » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:00 pm

Hi Nitemare, thanks for your feedback.

All your feedback have been forwarded to the team to see if they will introduce more powerful dragon cards. Improving the existing normal dragons probably won't happen as they have been in the game for a long time.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby Dudemanbro » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:50 pm

You dont have to release more powerful dragon cards, id be happy with ANY sort of dragon card. I feel sometimes like playmage is trying to discourage the use of dragon king/queens for some reason, as there are literally no options for a team besides "do x type of damage" unless you have all the dragon leader cards, and their CPs make it impossible to use them all. I was so excited when it was anounced that one of the current guild war cards was called "Komodo Dragon", only for it to be a human (and a "deal x damage" to boot). I even started running the late advaced stages trying to get one of the chess "dragons", only to see that it was classified a "god" type. What gives?!
Dudemanbro

Postby pmsupport » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:12 pm

Hi Dudemanbro, thanks for the feedback. We are not trying to discourage the use of any cards. The dragon king/queens' are very powerful cards. Usually, if you can get one of the dragon king/queen from one of the map, you can get all the other cards in the series with some time and effort. If you can't fit all the dragon king/queens in your team yet, you can pair them with normal dragons or other dragons that cost lower command points. The Komodo Dragon graphic is the human form of the beast. We made it look like that because we thought players loved seeing adorable girls.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby CloudStrife11 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:12 pm

We made it look like that because we thought players loved seeing adorable girls.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh man, If I could give a forum quote of the year award that would without a doubt take the cake. :lol: :lol:

Could you p ut Hayyel in a loin cloth for my fiance please? She is getting bored not having scantily clad dragons to look at :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cloud
i67e3m
Lord Jefferson Guild
CloudStrife11

Postby Dudemanbro » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:20 am

What i was getting at was that there are no skill type dragons besides "do x type of damage" other than the guild war series and running all 7 star versions of them would cost 150 CPs, which if its even possible to have that many (unsure of CP cap), would literally take about a decade to acheive. The xp between levels right now is ridiculous and i have 115 CPs. I would love to see you guys put out some dragon race cards that do something besides damage, as any legit team needs things besides the ability to damage the enemy. I have Hayel and Azarel (was just becoming decent around the tail end of the second rotation). Hayel is awesome, easily one of the best cards, especially as i was able to skill him up with imps, Azarel not so much. Dont get me wrong, id love to use her, but poison seems virtually obsolete now, even though it would be nice to have, things like delay skills and Kirins super hit are just way more useful, and there isnt room to use her. Also, if the girl in Komodos picture is just some kind of representation, why is her race listed as "Nature" instead of dragon? This is why i say i sometimes feel that more dragon cards are being avoided. Same with the chess dragons, despite having the word dragon in its name and a picture of a dragon, for some reason its race is "god". I guess what im after is being able to field a legitamite all dragon team so as to make the most use of the leader multipliers.
Dudemanbro

Postby pmsupport » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:16 am

Hi Dudemanbro, thanks for the explanation. It's because the cards in the whole card series are nature type and komodo dragon is a lizard. You can always pair the dragon/king queen with 6 star Kirin which costs 20 cps and some low cost 5 star, 6 star normal dragons. The team is not avoiding cards to be dragon type. They have to look at all angles when designing the new cards. I will forward the feedback so that we will avoid the confusion that a card named dragon belongs to other types.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion