playmages worst move yet!!!

playmages worst move yet!!!

Postby TEDtheMUTINEER » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:49 pm

Has got to be guild war every 3 weeks instead of 4.... for what? So the top 30 spenders (notice i said spenders NOT players) can get an extra 3 8* bosses a year? Makes no sense. Everytime you guys release something new there are multitudes of problems so lets rush new stuff that will cause new problems? Issue 2 i am 100% sure you will NOT be making revives more prevelant in shop. So lower spending players will now definitely be missing out on boss cards. So that the players who have already beatin every level of the game will still have 1 thing a month to do? Heres an idea. MOVE ON!!! I'm sure playmage has other games you can spend your way to the top in. Issue 3 we will now need more revives as the difficulty of bosses is rising. Issue 4 we already dont have enough card slots for all the cards youve released so release more cards faster??? Issue 5 95% of new released cards are rehashes of old cards with new art and a new useless skill added (remove seal) who asked for this its ridiculous? There are still problems with old cards and game mechanics. Why not fix old stuff? Why not cater to the thousands of other players instead of the top 30 spenders. (Who 9 times out of 10 arent even the people who started the profile) cmon man im just rambling at this point but you get the idea. Stupid move.............
TEDtheMUTINEER

Re: playmages worst move yet!!!

Postby Armand Star » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:32 pm

main issue:

confusing "lower spending players" with "lower level players"

for high level players the game is significantly easier. i am over level 160 and in the past two guild wars (current rotations) i got both bosses with only my free gems.
got Sif with just a few gems, got Freyja with barely any revives used.

you have to spend a lot if you are low level (mainly due to CP cost), but for higher levels it takes significantly less effort, so it is a bit surprising when i hear this from a high level player

^that is for earning 50k in the war. now if we talk about entering top 30, that's another story, a story where $ IS involved

(fun fact: despite being a higl level player now, i still haven't beaten every stage)

personally i don't have a problem with the 3 weeks. how i see it, it's only a problem for spenders because they have to spend faster (read: spender = low level player who needs the push to reack 50k, NOT a high level player who has an easier time getting there)

something i noticed and agree with is that we have many new cards and the slots can't keep up. i have a lot of cards i don't use but still i can see new cards would eventually demand more space
Last edited by Armand Star on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armand Star

Postby Melissa » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:36 pm

+1

I would like instead to see a revamp of the Normal maps so that new players stick around. Sooner or later you're going to need new spenders. I, for one, have quit spending because this is all getting so ridiculous. Check my account, I've probably spent more than a lot of these guys put together, but no more...
Melissa

Postby TEDtheMUTINEER » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:10 pm

This is mostly for other players i can get most bosses using 0 gemsbut using revives is almost mandatory to get to 50k i missed 2 bosses in a row (mafdet,bastet) because i had no revives. So will i now miss 3-4 bosses when my shop gets bitchy and gives me revives every 70 days? Wanna keep it at 3 weeks? Fine. Make revives a constantly purchase able item in shop or guarantee that they pop up once a week. Or maybe even let them pop up as often as a useless golem
TEDtheMUTINEER

Postby arcthelad » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:53 pm

Ted, I agree with you in a different sense. It is just that 3-week rotations are too fast, give seemingly no rest, and they can disrupt guild shuffling/donating. It has only just begun, and they are taking the fun out of the game. We need some new ideas. I realize two 4-week rotations takes forever and we need new content, but there has to be a better solution than a 3-week rotation. For instance, you could have four weeks of different stuff: limited map for one week, super donation board one week, super hard board with awesome bonus card for one week, and then a guild war week. Something that integrates new content better than this. Playmage should use some imagination and reconfigure the game a little. OR, what about a 3-week regular war, followed by a ONE DAY super battle for something even cooler the next week. That way, still four weeks between regular wars.
arcthelad

Postby Tasov » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:13 pm

I vote 4 week war
Tasov

Postby Okie_1 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:53 pm

I agree with Ted,Melissa, and The lad. 1st 3 week rotation of guild wars is STUPID. I thought the lad's idea for game outstanding. Melissa's thoughts on keeping new players is a very valid reason to fix the whole game. The spending on my account has now been reduced to essentially nothing because of the bad faith issue of offering Unrivalled Thetis/Hayyel and then reneging on it. There's no reason to spend when a player can not get cards he wants. The same is true about the guild shops lower level (new) players don't want to donate for trash cards. I DON'T WANT TO EITHER. I can get guild war boss every time now without having to spend money for gems. Play Mage could revamp the game it's getting just too darn hard for anyone to enjoy.
Okie_1

Postby arcthelad » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:05 pm

Melissa,

Interesting. I have also quit spending simply because the cards are just on repeat and I never get anything good. Aside from limited cards, I have no reason to spend anymore. Once you draw a few hundred cards, you simply do not pull enough new cards to justify spending.
arcthelad

Postby Okie_1 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:35 pm

Arc the lad you're right but only half right the guild shops are just as bad. I love this game but I guess we'll have to wait until play mage starts going broke before they'll listen to common sense. It's a dirty shame. They should open the game up for players to play.Wouldn't hurt my feelings if they done away with guild wars completely that way players like (you know Roxi Elites leader) couldn't use it as an excuse to keep new players from getting cards they need. I was going to get both Unrivalled Thetis and Hayyel. Didn't need Hayyel but was going to get anyway. The Thetis card I did need. Now play mage won't listen to the idea of opening up card slots to infinity and make a page that would allow players to get every card Dragon Era ever had.
Okie_1

Postby Roxie » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:46 pm

@Okie_1 ~ I did start the thread but I was not the only one with a complaint about war boss cards. If PM is gonna release old war boss cards, then they should start at the beginning of it all.

Not sure why you're bothered because you stated that you "Didn't need Hayyel but was going to get anyway". Thetis can be purchased from the guild shop...

When they replaced Hayyel with Kirin... it is an even better attempt to provide newer players with cards they don't have. Hayyel can still be used as buddy, but for firepower, you either have Kirin (or Fire & Dark Goddess Hecate... Rain Goddess Vienna) or you don't.
Roxie

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion