Upcoming Guild War Bosses

Upcoming Guild War Bosses

Postby admin » Fri May 27, 2016 6:57 am

Ahoy Mateys,

Couple updates to the upcoming guild war boss (as well as ones after it).

- Personal reward tier 4 now is rank 6-20 (increase from 6-15). This means 5 more guild members can potentially earn the boss card as personal reward. Please keep in mind that you can send us support email if you need to trade in for lower rank reward.
- Since we are alternative repeat and new bosses, we are going to make the repeat bosses slightly harder then their first cycle by adopting the new higher max HP (5m). This also means the current new bosses will also have slightly higher HP when repeated.
- The lesser (non-boss) card reward will also be made to be same series on the same cycle for both new bosses and repeat bosses (eg. the 6-star will be the nature/recovery that have 8-star versions).

Happy hunting and get ready for Freyja's revisit!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Upcoming Guild War Bosses

Postby Browncoat » Fri May 27, 2016 10:34 am

Making the second rotation harder doesn't seem to jive well at all with what you guys have been saying all along. I've been hearing that the rotation is for those that didn't get a chance to get the card, for whatever reason, either being not strong enough or whatever. You seem to be moving the goal posts.
Browncoat

Postby admin » Fri May 27, 2016 11:33 am

Browncoat wrote:Making the second rotation harder doesn't seem to jive well at all with what you guys have been saying all along. I've been hearing that the rotation is for those that didn't get a chance to get the card, for whatever reason, either being not strong enough or whatever. You seem to be moving the goal posts.

No, the second rotation is mostly for players outside of the top 45 players (soon to be 60) that can obtain two boss cards on the first round, not because they aren't strong enough, but because they aren't the top 15 players in the top 3 guilds. Additionally, is also for players to obtain their first boss card who missed the boss on the first try because they didn't join, didn't enroll, or just started playing. The HP increase doesn't really make earning guild points more difficult by much, since the guild point formula is non-linear (some players may actually get more GP for same damage under the new set's formula). It just requires slightly different timing to defeat the boss (for those capable) so it doesn't feel like the same old stale content as last rotation.

Another reason for these changes is to make HP and point calculation and formula the same within the same 10-boss "cycle", or newer players won't understand why one boss have different HP than the next one, or why GP formula changes between bosses (otoh, it's easy to comprehend a boss gaining slightly higher HP on their revisit 10 bosses later). Before interlacing the HP and formula didn't change between the 10-boss cycle, and we want to keep it simple as before.

Keep in mind that the second rotation of the new bosses will be taking much longer to appear than before with bosses interlaced. For example, those missed the great Atalanta card last time will have to wait 9 more bosses before Atalanta rotates in.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Skitter » Fri May 27, 2016 4:42 pm

If 20 players in one guild can get boss card, then it would be fair to have 20 players to get star badge too, don't you agree?
Skitter

Postby thievingsquirrel » Fri May 27, 2016 7:31 pm

Will this be occuring to the facebook server, or not until they are up to those bosses?
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Postby Okie_1 » Fri May 27, 2016 11:26 pm

Okay... I'm totally confused. I thought the guild war bosses were at 5 million. That that was how we are able to score 1300 guild points for a kill of the GW boss per battle. Am I missing something or am I not understanding what PM is doing. And do we get 20 star status players now.
Okie_1

Postby thievingsquirrel » Sat May 28, 2016 4:48 am

What PM is referring to is the non-linear structure of guild points able to be earned. For about half of the bosses hp for example you get about 800 points (I believe it was) and then as you slowly get to the end of the bosses hp, you'll get less points. As for the star status, that is quite unlikely to happen.

Also I wish to change my question: Will the facebook server have 15 players able to get the boss card by the time of Sif -> Atalanta -> Freyja, etc.
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Postby admin » Sat May 28, 2016 10:25 am

Not sure what you meant by star badge, but if you mean elite members, that count is dependent on your guild size and will not change.
We will probably bump FB version's personal rank range on when we start to interlace on that server as well.
admin
Site Admin

Postby thievingsquirrel » Sat May 28, 2016 8:40 pm

Thank you :)
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Postby RavenoftheBlack » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:34 pm

Nearly every change you guys make to this game makes me like it a little less. I really don't appreciate the bait-and-switch with Freyja. When the revisited Sif was the same as the first time, and then we got the harder Atalanta, I naturally assumed Freyja would be the same as she was the first time around. I was really disappointed to see that you had raised her HP, but kept her GP reward the same.

Seriously, it's at a point where one week out of every three, I wonder why I play this game.
RavenoftheBlack

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion