Trusty Knight Hell Map

Re: Trusty Knight Hell Map

Postby admin » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:49 am

Browncoat wrote:I really don't mind the boss being hard, or using revives, but PM - seriously, you HAVE TO STOP the constant situation where no matter what you do you're dead on level 1 before any skills pop. Give us a chance to get into the fight. This happens on every map. If level 1 was survivable, I'd be fine with the rest of the map. Because then it's about strategy. Surviving long enough for a skill to pop is only about hps.

The difficulty of the biweekly map haven't increased in the last couple sets while players are getting stronger (causing them to become farming grounds with no challenges), so the design team were instructed to make the new map harder than the last set. While I don't recall seeing same number of complains when first set of special map (Panzers) came out, in which the experience players were also burning few revives per run, I do agree with Browncoat that wave 1 should be designed to be slightly more manageable.

We have increased the attack timer of one of the enemy on Wave 1 for both Hell and Insane mode. Nothing else will be changed further beside this. I don't expect much revive credits will be issued on this since the original difficult affects everyone equally, but if you spent numerous revives on wave 1 and you farmed Hell/Insane heavily past couple days, please send an email to support@playmage.com and make a special case.
admin
Site Admin

Postby thievingsquirrel » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:58 am

Thank you for the 1 turn delay.
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Postby ruffriders23 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:33 am

Hypernova wrote:
ruffriders23 wrote:Notice how PM hasn't responded in 2 days though? They are usually on here every day... but for this 4-page long thread... not a peep from them. HHHHHHMMMMMMM........

It's a long weekend national holiday since Thursday in China. They will most probably reply on Monday.

Playmage is based out of Texas.
ruffriders23

Postby ruffriders23 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:36 am

admin wrote:
Browncoat wrote:I really don't mind the boss being hard, or using revives, but PM - seriously, you HAVE TO STOP the constant situation where no matter what you do you're dead on level 1 before any skills pop. Give us a chance to get into the fight. This happens on every map. If level 1 was survivable, I'd be fine with the rest of the map. Because then it's about strategy. Surviving long enough for a skill to pop is only about hps.

The difficulty of the biweekly map haven't increased in the last couple sets while players are getting stronger (causing them to become farming grounds with no challenges), so the design team were instructed to make the new map harder than the last set. While I don't recall seeing same number of complains when first set of special map (Panzers) came out, in which the experience players were also burning few revives per run, I do agree with Browncoat that wave 1 should be designed to be slightly more manageable.

We have increased the attack timer of one of the enemy on Wave 1 for both Hell and Insane mode. Nothing else will be changed further beside this. I don't expect much revive credits will be issued on this since the original difficult affects everyone equally, but if you spent numerous revives on wave 1 and you farmed Hell/Insane heavily past couple days, please send an email to support@playmage.com and make a special case.

Ha... good luck with this. Just driving away new players, and making old players wonder what is the point if this is the new trend for special maps. There is a BIG difference between making things a LITTLE more difficult, and having to burn 10 revives to get through a level. This type of thing is EXACTLY what kills a game.
ruffriders23

Postby admin » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:26 am

ruffriders23 wrote:...making old players wonder what is the point if this is the new trend for special maps. There is a BIG difference between making things a LITTLE more difficult, and having to burn 10 revives to get through a level...

No where in my reply referred to the word "little" or similar, in fact I mentioned that the difficulty didn't change for the last couple sets, inferring that this one would be noticeable more difficult. We have already made a the levels a little easier based on a reasonable feedback. If you have an urge to feel that you became stronger, you can fight the same normal map and advanced map and enjoy how much easier you can beat the same level compared to before.

thievingsquirrel wrote:Thank you for the 1 turn delay.

You are welcome.
admin
Site Admin

Postby ruffriders23 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:29 pm

I have no idea what your definition of "inferring that this one wouldn't be noticeable more difficult" is... but it IS considerably more difficult. When I can't even get through it without burning near double-digit revives... it is NOTICEABLY different than maps before.

And I know you said it was changed... but just slightly from what I read. Why would I want to burn 50 more energy, plus God knows how many revives, to find out what you changed?
ruffriders23

Postby admin » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:53 pm

admin wrote:
ruffriders23 wrote:...making old players wonder what is the point if this is the new trend for special maps. There is a BIG difference between making things a LITTLE more difficult, and having to burn 10 revives to get through a level...

No where in my reply referred to the word "little" or similar, in fact I mentioned that the difficulty didn't change for the last couple sets, inferring that this one would be noticeable more difficult. We have already made a the levels a little easier based on a reasonable feedback. If you have an urge to feel that you became stronger, you can fight the same normal map and advanced map and enjoy how much easier you can beat the same level compared to before.

thievingsquirrel wrote:Thank you for the 1 turn delay.

You are welcome.

sorry, "wouldn't" was a typo; it should read as "would" as corrected above.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Tasov » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:37 pm

:lol: im not going to complain I'm just going to pass it this time
Tasov

Postby ruffriders23 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:12 pm

Playmage is going to find out that a LOT of people just passed this time... because the map is unrealistic. Nobody is going to spend real $$$ for marginal cards. This game is taking a turn because of poor decisions made by admin. #Target
ruffriders23

Postby ggggt » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:26 pm

I haven't found a good team for this yet, but I'm not too concerned. Yes i would love a fully skilled Sif, but I dont have enough time to devote to that. I am not angry about that. The map is incredibly challenging compared to what I've become accustomed to, and I may not be able to farm it at all. Still not angry. It's a game. There are going to be challenges. I have well over 200 revives stocked up for just this kind of situation. Playmage isn't making me spend them. That is a choice that is mine and mine alone. If i decide to burn them all up now to skill Sif that's fine. I would like to thank Playmage for making these new maps and cards. I really am hoping i find a suitable team before time runs out, but if I don't so be it.

Now on a more productive topic. Does anyone have a suggestion for a Balance based team? I dont have any of the dragon kings/queens to work with as many players dont and im sure people would love some suggestions that dont include these. It might ease some frustration if people could suggest teams that are more possible for the newer player.
ggggt

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion