Upcoming guild shop potion change [poll]

Which game-saving change do you feel is the most acceptable:

Poll ended at Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:58 am

Option A. Double the guild point price of the potions.
70%
Option B. Lowering the guild point reward for coin donation by 50% (to 1 point per 200 coins).
24%
Option C. Make potions in shop buy-once items, but quadruple (4X) the appearance rate so they appear much more often.
5%

Total votes : 37

Re: Upcoming guild shop potion change [poll]

Postby Sigourney » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:33 pm

If PM is too dim to invent new ways to entice & encourage people to spend cash, then you might as well shut the servers down now.
The beginning of the end is near. You think the best way to increase revenue is to hold a gun to the heads of your players.
I refuse to vote for 3 bad options.
Sigourney

Postby Big Daddy Kane » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:50 pm

Sigourney wrote:If PM is too dim to invent new ways to entice & encourage people to spend cash, then you might as well shut the servers down now.
The beginning of the end is near. You think the best way to increase revenue is to hold a gun to the heads of your players.
I refuse to vote for 3 bad options.

Couldn't agree more!!!
Big Daddy Kane

Postby Patrick4801 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:54 pm

ampersand wrote: If the goal is to increase revenue, increasing player involvement with the game and its players is the foundation. Doubling the cost of potions won't do that.

Intern at PM: "If our revenues are down shouldn't we do something to motivate our player base to spend more money On our product? We could roll out new maps, new gem recruits, better limited time recruits, re-release old cards for newer players, or really just use any of the hundreds of ideas our players have suggested."
Whoever's idea this was: "No, let's just make it more expensive to play. That'll work"
Patrick4801

Postby Andy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:18 am

PM, please remember without players you have NO revenue at all.
Andy

Postby Solara » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:14 am

How many new players read this forum? Why not post a heads up in news? FWIW I have occasionally considered spending money on gems to get the special recruit card and still might sometime. I would be likely to pay for gems to buy other specific in game cards to help me catch up to older players and advance faster if offered (like a direct purchase of apep for more gems). The random gem recruit purchase holds little interest for me because I have been burned with lame cards and prefer the sure thing that costs more. Making it more difficult for me to advance as a new player would make this game less enjoyable and make me more likely to stop, as opposed to more likely to spend cash on pots. I do use Tapjoy due to wanting more gems for those cards...which presumably is netting you some amount of revenue. In sum, for me your potion penalty is just negative effects not an incentive to spend. I appreciate your need to balance, but perhaps you could find a way to do it that doesn't penalize new players, and for revenue raising focus on other strategies as a separate endeavor from removing giant stockpiles?
Solara

Postby MrMoon » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:35 am

Hi Playmage,

Option A and B both will result in people avoiding the mines if the coins mined don't make up for the energy potions invested. With just over 100 energy a player gets about 300000 coins on the difficult level, resulting in being able to purchase 2 potions when these are in the shop. Reducing the coins rewarded with 50% or doubling the price neither makes the difficult or hell stage rewarding enough. And once you have to use revives to complete these stages players should not play the mines any longer.

As for option C, if players can only buy one potion at the time, albeit more often, there is also no need to mine very much. Where do we spend those million coins then on? Better cards, special cards?

When playing the special levels, these cost me on average 100 potions, both revive and energy. That's around 12.5 million in coins, which takes around 10 hours to mine. If I would buy this amount of potions, it would cost me around $100. Is Galahad worth this amount in real cash knowing it's statistics? With guild wars it's for me about the same, I spend between 100 to 150 revives to reach the 50000 mark and get the special card. Another $100 - $150, which I, and probably many others, can't afford.

Probably there is somewhere a good balance to be found between players spending money for special cards or highly rewarding levels and a free to play area, but I doubt it will be with the suggested changes. New players would need to bring serious cash to get some fun out of the game and more experienced players might start avoiding the game.

There might be other options, like trading cards between guild members where playmage gets as "man-in-the-middle" gems, which can increase with the more desirable cards. Or a kind of market for all players, where we can sell or trade our high-end cards while you get gems for each sale. But whatever your choice, economics should be factored in, and the proposed changes are bad economics, in my opinion that is.
MrMoon

Postby Martin » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:08 am

There is nothing in the guild shop worth buying for advanced players except potions. Of course, players start to stockpile potions without anything else worth saving gp for. Offer useful cards at very high gp price in guild shop. For example gold pinocchio at 50,000gp with repeatable buy, giving players the chance to skill level their full heal cards which they can buy with gem draw. This will decrease potion-stockpiling and increase gem buying.

The options you offer only make the game harder for new players. We already have problems with more players quitting than new players emerging. This may not be visible at first, because old accounts are transferred to other players and they continue to be active for some time. But my feeling is that the number of active players is decreasing fast.

I will not vote for the options you offer. They will accelerate the trend that not enough new players really get past the point where they can compete with older players.
Who wants to invest in a dying game?
BR
Martin
Martin

Postby Vee » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:47 am

May I know what the % appearance rate for potion appear on guild shop?? Recently my potion appearance rate are 2 months or more. Even I have stock up some potion but it run out fast too. New bonus map & guild war burn both ep & rp alot.

I don't mind to buy gem and spend it on new card (1000 gem for great and useful 8* card to make better deck) or spend gem on guild war battle for 2 gw boss card. But i refuse spend gem for potion bcoz DE are state as free game. Don't tell me I only able to run 2 battle(daily) of hell board then I hv to spend $$ to play more.

If the game turn to pay to play, i will consider quit game when i finished my potion stock & leftover gem.

I suggest to create more new card (like kirin, flora, hathor etc etc). Or put old series time limited card and old series gw card for sale (gem). If u want to increase gem sale on potion, set it to 1 gem per 1 potion may increase little gems sale, better than nothing compare to pass 3 year.

About those 3 options...
option C are the worst to choose. 4x appearance is a joke, eg.. if current potion appearance rate is 0.1%, 4x = 0.4%, what help??? My current potion appearance 2 months or more, mean 60 day /4 = still need 15 day then able to buy on 1 potion??? Also remember that hv many "bad luck" appearance everywhere across this game.
Option B not a good choice to pickup as it will slow down guild leveling. Guild lv already hard to leveling, don't plan to make it more hardest.
Option A... double gp for potion mean 3000gp = 1 potion . Let say i hv 100 energy, farm difficult get 300k coin or 3000 gp. Mean used 1 ep, with the coin earn can buy 1 ep too, no win no loss but earn experience. Farm insane board will get 360k coin or 3600gp, mean earn 600gp with every ep spend on weekend farming. Suggest to lower the potion price, maybe increase 1.5x instead double gp. At least farm insane board can earn 0.5 potion, left us some motivation to continue play de.
Vee

Postby Big Daddy Kane » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:51 am

MrMoon wrote:There might be other options, like trading cards between guild members where playmage gets as "man-in-the-middle" gems, which can increase with the more desirable cards. Or a kind of market for all players, where we can sell or trade our high-end cards while you get gems for each sale. But whatever your choice, economics should be factored in, and the proposed changes are bad economics, in my opinion that is.

This is a terrible option because you will have people just killing accounts they don't care about, to stack accounts they do care about. The chance of this going bad quickly is as close to 100% as you can get.

The real answer is for Playmage to stop rolling out special cards that are not worth owning. The last few cards just aren't worth spending 1,000 gems on to get a dual-color 8*. Then you have the special maps... with cards that are basically the same as cards you probably already have. It boils down to PM has either become lazy, or run out of ideas for new cards/maps.
Big Daddy Kane

Postby Andy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:12 am

Big Daddy Kane wrote:The real answer is for Playmage to stop rolling out special cards that are not worth owning. The last few cards just aren't worth spending 1,000 gems on to get a dual-color 8*. Then you have the special maps... with cards that are basically the same as cards you probably already have. It boils down to PM has either become lazy, or run out of ideas for new cards/maps.

Sorry but this is 100% true. This round of bonus maps, as well as the newer guild war cards, are just not worth spending money on. If I run out of gems/revives I wouldn't even think about spending money for more of either to get these cards. I continue to get 50K and the bonus map cards just because I manage my r pots and gems in a manner that allows me to continue getting them, because as previously stated random gem recruits are just not worth it for me anymore, but I by no means have a "stock pile" of either because I continue to play for those cards hoping something will come up that makes them way more useful for me.
Andy

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion