Upcoming guild shop potion change [poll]

Which game-saving change do you feel is the most acceptable:

Poll ended at Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:58 am

Option A. Double the guild point price of the potions.
70%
Option B. Lowering the guild point reward for coin donation by 50% (to 1 point per 200 coins).
24%
Option C. Make potions in shop buy-once items, but quadruple (4X) the appearance rate so they appear much more often.
5%

Total votes : 37

Re: Upcoming guild shop potion change [poll]

Postby delta » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:37 pm

Playmage, I understand your message. You feel you are not making enough money on this game. However, I feel that the course you are suggesting regarding potions is a huge mistake. There are other alternatives to get players to spend money for gems but you are ignoring those. Changing the potion structure will affect all players, but new players even more. You need new players to keep the game going! A level 75 player has about 60 energy points which is enough for 3 rounds through difficult mines. That yields the player approximately 180K coins which now means the player is clearing a slight profit on 1 potion. Under your new scheme, a player would probably have to be about level 150 to break even on the use of 1 energy potion. Guess what will happen then? Most people won't use potions or play.

For example, my player is level 150+. I can do 50K in guild war. But at this point I rarely do gem draws. Why? I am tired of getting mostly garbage cards for 50 gems. Even with a 200 gem card pull, I did get a 6* card but one that I considered useless. How about putting definite gem prices on certain high demand cards like apep. I bet you many players would spend gems for that card as long as it not something outrageous.

It is a similar situation with the guild shop. What can I spend my guild points on? Only potions and the occasional rare good 6* card that appears. I certainly don't need any golems, gravelers or bunnies. So when potions appear in the shop, which is rarely, I do buy a lot. I bet that is the case with many players. Maybe you need to change the guild shop structure and offer more appealing cards to high level players. Eliminate the 2 and 3 star cards for high level players, replace them with more 5,6 & 7 star cards.

Perhaps part of the problem is the guild wars. I did not have the amount of guild points with the old frequency, like I do now. Part of that reason Is I no longer have time to develop my cards and play most quests. I know you don't want to hear this but maybe your players have some better solutions than what you are suggesting. After all, it is the players who support this game with their money.
Last edited by delta on Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
delta

Postby Big Daddy Kane » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:45 pm

delta wrote:Part of that reason Is I no longer have time to develop my cards and play most quests. I know you don't want to hear this but maybe your players have some better solutions than what you are suggesting.

HELLO!!! Guild Wars every 3 weeks is also a problem for most owners I talk to. By the time you get 50k in the guild war, you need a break... but you can't take one because you also have mines, have to get materials to evo the GW Boss card, and other cards throughout your deck, and run jewels to be able to level up the cards to evo.

I understand from reading old posts that Playmage assumed lowering the GW time from every 4 weeks, to every 3 weeks, was to keep higher level players active. Nobody really seemed to like that option from what I read... other than one or two people... but it was still implemented anyway. It really makes me wonder who it is you are listening to when asking these questions.
Big Daddy Kane

Postby delta » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:47 pm

They don't listen to me. I have noticed though that they do listen to certain people!

BTW, a good friend of mine who used to post several hundred thousand points per guild war, has not gotten the last few bosses and told me this week, he is leaving game. But Playmage is determined on the 3 week guild war cycle. I don't like it, I admit but I do notice that since Playmage started this, I have lost many high level friends who used to post nice guild war scores. It seems the actions Playmage is taking is chasing players away. Ideally, you want current players to keep playing and new players to enter and play the game.
delta

Postby Mukitup » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:23 pm

I thought it over and still think all 3 choices are terrible.
Mukitup

Postby Big Daddy Kane » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:13 pm

You know what is actually the most disturbing thing about all this? The plan Playmage was going to implement without asking was option C... according to their own statement. Option A has 5x as many votes as their plan.

Sorry... but this is a GIANT red flag to management in my opinion. Too bad they don't read this page... just moderators and forum admin.
Big Daddy Kane

Postby Andy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:34 pm

PM Admin/Support are any of our discussion being taken into consideration as to stop this plan the devs want to implement? Please give us some sort of information. It's obvious there's about to be a mass exodus if any of the 3 options get put in place.
Andy

Postby Patrick4801 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:46 pm

I've thought about this for another day. What really annoys me is that PM is making us feel bad for playing the game the way they built it. I'm assuming the mechanic has been in place well before I started playing 15 months ago, which is to play the mines like crazy over the weekend so you can afford to buy potions to play the game during the week. Now I'm supposed to feel bad for playing the game like the designed it? I have 1,300 potions combined so I've played this game a ton. You would think that this type of player involvement would be looked upon as a good thing but that's clearly not what's being communicated.
Patrick4801

Postby Patrick4801 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:04 am

If PM wants more revenue, I have a list of suggestions:
1. Communicate with your players. The game I quit before I started this game had a weekly livestream with their players to talk about things they were planning, figure out what's working, what's not working. Any communication that's not just top down would be appreciated. Putting a face to the devs would be nice too.
2. Design new content to keep players engaged. Doing the same thing over and over gets repetitive. I'm a relatively new player and even I'm getting bored with the same levels and guild wars with mediocre bonus cards.
3. If you want players to spend more money on your product, you have to give them a reason to actually spend it. For example, do you realize that the best cards in the game were released over 18 months ago? That's crazy. What that means is I'll never catch up to the long term players and their deck hasn't gotten any better over the last 18 months either. No wonder revenues are down. You really need to stop worrying about releasing a "game changing card" and give your customers something they'd care about.
4. Realize that your customers aren't complaining at any thoughts of a change for no reason. You have a really we'll meaning dedicated group of players that are seeing long term friends quit their favorite game. They're complaining because they (1) want a better product and (2) because they don't want to see their favorite game go away.
Patrick4801

Postby Big Daddy Kane » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:13 am

Patrick4801 wrote:If PM wants more revenue, I have a list of suggestions:
1. Communicate with your players. The game I quit before I started this game had a weekly livestream with their players to talk about things they were planning, figure out what's working, what's not working. Any communication that's not just top down would be appreciated. Putting a face to the devs would be nice too.
2. Design new content to keep players engaged. Doing the same thing over and over gets repetitive. I'm a relatively new player and even I'm getting bored with the same levels and guild wars with mediocre bonus cards.
3. If you want players to spend more money on your product, you have to give them a reason to actually spend it. For example, do you realize that the best cards in the game were released over 18 months ago? That's crazy. What that means is I'll never catch up to the long term players and their deck hasn't gotten any better over the last 18 months either. No wonder revenues are down. You really need to stop worrying about releasing a "game changing card" and give your customers something they'd care about.
4. Realize that your customers aren't complaining at any thoughts of a change for no reason. You have a really we'll meaning dedicated group of players that are seeing long term friends quit their favorite game. They're complaining because they (1) want a better product and (2) because they don't want to see their favorite game go away.

What is really funny is Ruffriders23 said almost the exact same things in the Trusty Knight thread, Gold Drops thread, and various other threads that I've read since joining these boards. And if you go back and read them... the Admin and Support people were pretty rude and dismissive of him/her. And now, they are trying to force people to pay more money for a bad product, and it is EXACTLY like that person said... their disconnect with the players is mind boggling. I can only guess as to how much the Ruffriders23 person has to be laughing at the sight of this thread... because it is almost EXACTLY what he/she said would happen if Playmage kept doing what they were doing.
Big Daddy Kane

Postby delta » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:51 am

Someone named Subotai said similar things several months ago and predicted that if Playmage did not change, the game would be dead by year end. Btw, he has also left the game since that post
delta

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion